PSA: Relevant section of the new PoE Terms of Service under the GDPR

"
Rexeos wrote:
Actually GGG has no data regards cards, bank accounts etc.

Right; payments go directly through Xsolla. Thanks for correcting me.
I have nothing to hide. If GGG wants to watch my anime with me then they're VERY WELCOME!
The only relevant section is that you can request them to baleet f**** everything after you decide to quit playing
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
Didn't read just pressed ok. I mean do people actually read stuff like Tos?
You forgot the line that says GGG has the right to cancel any points you have without reason or notice. Although I suspect this was already there, it shocked me a bit when I saw it. I'm sitting on a lot of points since I don't care for MTX and almost never buy anything.
"
Kraxler wrote:

This should NOT be a norm. The only reason people don't ever read those is because they're designed to put people off from doing so, filled as they are with legalistic jargon and ridiculous length. There's actual legal projects around the world that're trying to fix this, but it's a struggle. I posted the relevant section from that mini-thesis length agreement as my feeble attempt at contributing to this effort. Rights only ever mean anything if people are aware of them - we should NOT allow our rights to be eroded via the promotion of indolence through obfuscation. :/
it all looked pretty standard except the part where they want you to always be serious and never troll.

FeelsBadMan

#nofunallowed
#ripmemes
#ripoutofcontextfunnypictures
#riplibertyofexpression

Don't be caught smiling , heretic!
Last edited by teksuoPOE on May 25, 2018, 11:17:19 AM
"
Namcap wrote:
You forgot the line that says GGG has the right to cancel any points you have without reason or notice. Although I suspect this was already there, it shocked me a bit when I saw it. I'm sitting on a lot of points since I don't care for MTX and almost never buy anything.

I'm fairly certain that was already there, just as they were already empowered to ban people, regardless of how much they'd spent on the game (and appealing a ban is done through...the very same people who banned you). People can often be pretty shocked by what ToS allow companies to do, even if they rarely (or never) use half those powers. They're written by lawyers and designed to keep as many cards as close to the companies' chests as possible, for cautions' sake so as to be prepared for every possible issue. Generally speaking, if something hasn't been explicitly communicated as your right, then it's a good bet that it's already been pre-claimed as their right.
Last edited by Exile009 on May 25, 2018, 11:17:44 AM
"
Kraxler wrote:

If it's a ToS on something that I believe I'll engage in long-term, fuck yes.
"
Namcap wrote:

That was there probably for as long as PoE existed. Fun fact: GGG does invoke this occasionally.

I did a diff between the May 23 version and the current one. There are only two significant changes in parts other than the Privacy and Cookie Use policy:

This bit was added to Section 1, the grey part was there before:

"
These Terms of Use incorporate and must be read in conjunction with our Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. By making use of any of the Website, Materials and Services, you are deemed to have read and agree to be bound by these Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy and our Cookies Policy. If you do not agree to these Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy or our Cookies Policy, you are not authorised to access and use the Website, Materials and Services, and you must immediately stop doing so.

Section 3 is completely new:

"
Age restriction: If you are based in the European Union, you must not use the Website, Materials and Services if you are under 16 years of age, and if you are between the ages of 16 and 18, your parent or legal guardian must have consented to you accessing and using the Website, Materials and Services. If you are based outside the European Union, you must not use the Website, Materials and Services if you are under 13 years of age, and if you are between the ages of 13 and 18, your parent or legal guardian must have consented to you accessing and using the Website, Materials and Services.

This bit is added at the end of Section 13:

"
Grinding Gear Games recommends that you read Linked Websites’ privacy policies before you provide personal information on any Linked Website.

The age classification in New Zealand (mentioned in Section 14) of the game was also apparently changed from R16 to R13. I don't know how recent this change is.

Other than these, all changes to the existing Terms of Use were only typographical. (POE is now spelled PoE, for example.) Yes, the bit about being honest on the forums was there before too.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 25, 2018, 12:32:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info