PSA: Relevant section of the new PoE Terms of Service under the GDPR

tl;dr version - Right of Access, Right to Rectification, Right to Erasure, Right to Withdraw Consent, Right to Restrict Processing, Right to Object to Processing, Right to Data Portability, Right to Complain to a supervisory authority. To exercise any of your above rights, contact support@grindinggear.com.

"Right of Access - if you ask Grinding Gear Games, it will confirm whether it is processing your personal data and provide you with a copy of that personal data.

Right to Rectification - if the personal data Grinding Gear Games holds about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have it rectified or completed. Grinding Gear Games will take every reasonable step to ensure personal data which is inaccurate is rectified. If Grinding Gear Games has shared your personal data with any third parties, it will tell them about the rectification where possible.

Right to Erasure – Grinding Gear Games will delete your personal data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which you provided it. You may request that Grinding Gear Games delete your personal data and it will do so if deletion does not contravene any applicable laws. If Grinding Gear Games has shared your personal data with any third parties, it will take reasonable steps to inform those third parties to delete such personal data.

Right to Withdraw Consent - if the basis of Grinding Gear Games’ processing of your personal data is consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.

Right to Restrict Processing - you may request that Grinding Gear Games restrict or block the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. If Grinding Gear Games has shared your personal data with third parties, it will tell them about this request where possible.

Right to Object to Processing - you may request that Grinding Gear Games stops processing your personal data at any time and it will do so to the extent required by the GDPR.

Right to Data Portability - you may obtain your personal data from Grinding Gear Games that you have consented to give it or that is necessary to perform a contract with you. Grinding Gear Games will provide this personal data in a commonly used, machine-readable and interoperable format to enable data portability to another data controller. Where technically feasible, and at your request, it will transmit your personal data directly to another data controller.

Right to Complain to a supervisory authority - you can report any concerns you have about Grinding Gear Games’ privacy practices to the relevant data protection supervisory authority e.g. in the United Kingdom, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.

Where personal data is processed for the purposes of direct marketing, you have the right to object to such processing, including profiling related to direct marketing. If you would like to exercise any of your above rights, please contact us at support@grindinggear.com. If you are not satisfied by the way your query is dealt with by Grinding Gear Games, you may refer your query to your local data protection supervisory authority."
Last edited by Exile009 on May 25, 2018, 12:59:59 AM
Last bumped on May 25, 2018, 4:24:12 PM
Your TLDR didnt really help much just legalistic terms. Whats this really mean?

I just clicked like most people. I always assume I'm giving up total privacy and all rights on someone else platform like living with your parents.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 25, 2018, 1:16:37 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Err...try reading below? It's not that long...
"
Exile009 wrote:
tl;dr version - Right of Access, Right to Rectification, Right to Erasure, Right to Withdraw Consent, Right to Restrict Processing, Right to Object to Processing, Right to Data Portability, Right to Complain to a supervisory authority. To exercise any of your above rights, contact support@grindinggear.com.

"Right of Access - if you ask Grinding Gear Games, it will confirm whether it is processing your personal data and provide you with a copy of that personal data.

Right to Rectification - if the personal data Grinding Gear Games holds about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have it rectified or completed. Grinding Gear Games will take every reasonable step to ensure personal data which is inaccurate is rectified. If Grinding Gear Games has shared your personal data with any third parties, it will tell them about the rectification where possible.

Right to Erasure – Grinding Gear Games will delete your personal data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which you provided it. You may request that Grinding Gear Games delete your personal data and it will do so if deletion does not contravene any applicable laws. If Grinding Gear Games has shared your personal data with any third parties, it will take reasonable steps to inform those third parties to delete such personal data.

Right to Withdraw Consent - if the basis of Grinding Gear Games’ processing of your personal data is consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.

Right to Restrict Processing - you may request that Grinding Gear Games restrict or block the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. If Grinding Gear Games has shared your personal data with third parties, it will tell them about this request where possible.

Right to Object to Processing - you may request that Grinding Gear Games stops processing your personal data at any time and it will do so to the extent required by the GDPR.

Right to Data Portability - you may obtain your personal data from Grinding Gear Games that you have consented to give it or that is necessary to perform a contract with you. Grinding Gear Games will provide this personal data in a commonly used, machine-readable and interoperable format to enable data portability to another data controller. Where technically feasible, and at your request, it will transmit your personal data directly to another data controller.

Right to Complain to a supervisory authority - you can report any concerns you have about Grinding Gear Games’ privacy practices to the relevant data protection supervisory authority e.g. in the United Kingdom, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.

Where personal data is processed for the purposes of direct marketing, you have the right to object to such processing, including profiling related to direct marketing. If you would like to exercise any of your above rights, please contact us at support@grindinggear.com. If you are not satisfied by the way your query is dealt with by Grinding Gear Games, you may refer your query to your local data protection supervisory authority."

Can I request them to stop messing with my data altogether though?
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Have you even read the thing you quoted?

See "Right to Erasure" and "Right to Restrict/Object to Processing".
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I just clicked like most people. I always assume I'm giving up total privacy and all rights on someone else platform like living with your parents.

GGG needs a bunch of information from you to make the game and the forums work properly - such as your account name, e-mail, the computer you're logging in from, or which MTX you have bought. If you want all of this to work tomorrow, GGG needs to store this information on their computers. If you for some reason really don't want them to do that, you can ask GGG to stop storing this data - but don't be surprised if stuff breaks as a result.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 25, 2018, 5:51:54 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

They wouldn't be able to provide you any service whatsoever then. They need to collect data for you to play the game, browse the site or make mtx purchases. Based on the above, if you decide to leave PoE someday, you should be able to request them to delete whatever data on you they have.
Last edited by Exile009 on May 25, 2018, 5:50:55 AM
outside my email do they take data from steam? I have all my info there but since i use steam wallet (i don't pay GGG directly) they shouldn't have my personal info right?
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
IIPheXII wrote:
outside my email do they take data from steam? I have all my info there but since i use steam wallet (i don't pay GGG directly) they shouldn't have my personal info right?

GGG can not access any info from Steam that is not publicly available. I believe that if you pay through Steam wallet, GGG does not even have access to your credit card information.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
IIPheXII wrote:

GGG can not access any info from Steam that is not publicly available. I believe that if you pay through Steam wallet, GGG does not even have access to your credit card information.

Actually GGG has no data regards cards, bank accounts etc.

to Exile009: +1, thx for that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info