We Get It, GGG Was Bought Out... SO WHAT

Why does this even matter?

GGG has wanted to make money from the beginning, and they have been for a long time.

So what if they make more money now?

So what if fake chinese communists who are actually capitalists own GGG now?

How many different ways do you want GGG to say the same thing?

They were very concise with their statements concerning this.

I'm sure in the future they will update you on their lives and business for those of you who care.

All you can do now is wait and see if the gloom and doom some of you are projecting is gonna actually happen.

Odds are, it won't change much except they'll have more money to throw around for new employees and content.

Having GGG update you every day concerning their business would actually be demeaning. Either put your trust in them or don't. They've done enough explaining and far more explaining already than a typical company would have.

I only hope it's a chinese law somewhere that all aRPG's owned by fake communist actual capitalist chinese, MUST HAVE MERCENARIES.

it would be nice.

OR MAYBE WHEN I DOUBLE CLICK MY POE ICON I DON'T HAVE TO ALT+ENTER TO GO FULLSCREEN CUZ SOMEHOW THIS GAME REFUSES TO REMEMBER I WANT FULLSCREEN.

Unless Tencent sponsors dog eating contests in china like some chinese do (but it's very rare), this entire issue should be closed. Who cares if Tencent gave them money. Which one of you wouldn't have accepted a bucket of thousand dollar bills dropped on your lap?

YES I KNOW SOME OF YOU DONATE MONEY TO GGG AND SO YOU WANT MORE DETAILS... seriously though, their words are enough. Does it really matter if GGG founders get all the money you give? You're paying for what GGG can do, not paying to give Chris etc new shoes.

Onnnnnn and onnnnnnn the complaint threads go.

Like reading the responses to Trump's tweets.... only not as funny here.

Not one dinky little thing has been done to make this game worse in this regard.

I have a feeling Chris etc will be the first to complain out loud, if Tencent really does something that goes against their baby POE.

If you can't trust them even that much, wth are you even here for? You say you like them, so, trust them.

Wait, and see... cuz unlike climate change fake science, the sky of POE really isn't falling.
Last bumped on May 28, 2018, 11:53:20 AM
This is what:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147606

tl;dr: We've already seen one deal with another company have major effects on gameplay. No reason to think there won't be more.
There is also the fact that Tencent produces Sesame Credit.

While that may not matter to some here, it does to others. It's deeply evil. To put it in perspective to folks who don't live in a Communist country, if your government tried to install something like this into your culture, you should overthrow that government by any means necessary. No hyperbole or joke.

Some folks may wish to ponder the ethics behind financially supporting a company that is responsible for such a thing.
Yep. Imagine a country where your rights were determined by a "social credit score". Only good people deserve a trial by their peers. Only good people have the freedom to travel or change jobs. You have to be really really good to run for public office.

Or move to China and you don't have to imagine it.

Tencent is the company that's keeping score.
China LITERALLY puts you in JAIL for SHITPOSTING...! EVVIIIIIIL! The RIGHT to shitpost SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!
has anyone made it to level 100 yet?
rawr. fear me.
"
Templar_G wrote:
Onnnnnn and onnnnnnn the complaint threads go.

You DO know you're not obligated to read them yeah?

"
Templar_G wrote:
Like reading the responses to Trump's tweets.... only not as funny here.

Wait, and see... cuz unlike climate change fake science, the sky of POE really isn't falling.

So Basically this thread was just a veiled attempt for you to spread around your pro Trump/Conservative rhetoric? Gotcha. I mean I'm a pretty conservative dude but I don't feel compelled to interject my political leanings into every thread in a forum dedicated to an online game. You need some new hobbies friend.
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
"
respwnd wrote:
There is also the fact that Tencent produces Sesame Credit.

While that may not matter to some here, it does to others. It's deeply evil. To put it in perspective to folks who don't live in a Communist country, if your government tried to install something like this into your culture, you should overthrow that government by any means necessary. No hyperbole or joke.

Some folks may wish to ponder the ethics behind financially supporting a company that is responsible for such a thing.

This, you do not make such deals with people on such unmoralistic standards. You do not help support this type of behavior unless you are ok with it. If you are not OK with it, yet stupid enough to support it in any way shape or form, then you are a special kind of idiot, and deserve whatever shit may come to you.

I hope Chris and company are 100% OK with the company they made this deal with, because to make such a deal, and only willing to look the other way because of the $$$ is a hideous act.

IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
MasterAxe wrote:
This, you do not make such deals with people on such unmoralistic standards. You do not help support this type of behavior unless you are ok with it.

(forum mods i consider this to be not an off topic thread/response for the reason in caps way below)...

The quote from Master seems to be the consensus with most people I read here concerning this Tencent issue.

Though I agree in a few ways, I have to sum it up like this, and strongly disagree overall...

1) i am pro conservative Christian USA born and raised... my country has abortions gay marriage etc... do i boycot USA because of certain things i consider to be "moral failings" on a government level? Do any of you for the things you find morally evil?

2) see 1) above when asking yourselves why Tencent/China needs to be held to a different standard.

3) China is evolving past communism obviously, as seen from their massive numbers of billionaires, and counting.

4) Much like Russia was horrible under communism, they evolved past it, through engagement of ideas and people and business, and their own resolve to be a more free people.

5) Perhaps we need to ban dealings with NK too while you're at it, even if they do what USA demands of them?

------------

Tencent is just some company under the thumb of a regime even the chinese themselves don't like the government form of (mostly).

I refuse to be a hypocrite in this matter while my own country does so many things I don't like. Though I agree being a hypocrite sometimes is preferable to being an enabler of things you despise, on both sides.

China has many good people in it, through no fault of their own are under that regime's control to varying degrees.

I know people who go to China from USA multiple times a year (mostly migrants from China) for Christian reasons and even the non Christians there want a new way (again, mostly).

I'm not saying turn a blind eye to what you find reprehensible but I don't think it helps at all to be making an issue out of a video game's cash, when in soooooooooo many ways we're forced to deal with soooooooo many NON Chinese up to sooooooooo many more and worse things, regardless of the side of the political/religious fence you're on.

Also, the more of us here that THEY deal with, the better for them.

Considering the internet nanny state of thought policing they have to live under on the internet.

Like Russia, China is changing for the better... slowly but it is.

No need to poke them in the eye when they're making these changes almost entirely on their own... in trade with USA and Trump's deals, and socially.

Won't be too long before NK and SK are unified... China and Taiwan etc.

It'll come when they abandon the communist ideas holding them back.

NO I DIDN'T WANT THIS TO BE A SOCIAL THREAD FIT FOR OFF TOPIC

I suggest it's entirely on topic because it seems to be a common theme why people don't like the Tencent control.

"Moral grounds"

I support my friends who go to China because I hear first hand what engagement of normal people does to peck away at that control.

The very fact they even invested in a game where people can voice such opinions against Tencent, and against their government even, should REALLY tell you something about whether or not they are the boogy man so many of you are worried about.

I like those threads, they keep me entertained until next GGG post
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info