Why are traders in Flashback so "special"?

In Beastiary, while I had some bad traders, most were OK. In Flashback, I have to block 6+ people every single day.

What is so special about flashback that turns people into douchebags?

Some very common examples :

- Someone messages you to do a trade, you invite, then they stop responding entirely. Or they reject the invite and then go "you were too slow" even though you invited them immediately.

- You message a seller and he doesnt bother to respond, but is clearly not afk. 15 minutes later, you refresh poe.trade, he is still listed as online and he is still not responding. Most of the time he's not even in your league and deliberately set his poe.trade settings to show that hes not in the league even though he has no intention of changing leagues to trade.

- You message a seller, try to invite, and he starts bitching at you "OMG HOW DARE YOU INVITE ME GO AWAY"

- Seller lists an item in chaos, you ask whether you can pay in exalts + chaos because you dont have that many chaos on hand, he instantly leaves party without a word and refuses to respond any further.

- You message the seller to buy a map, he puts the wrong map in the trade window, you tell him its the wrong map and he instantly leaves party without a word and refuses to respond further.

- You message the seller to buy a map, he askes you how many you want, and throws a massive fit because he wants to do bulk trades only but didn't name his stash tab "BULK ONLY".

- People who deliberately list items that they have no intention of selling, this just clutters up search results. I had one guy who listed a map, then told me had no intention of selling and only listed it "because".

- You go to the seller's hideout to do a trade, there is nobody else in the party, a few minutes later he's just standing in his hideout not responding...you throw him a trade request thinking that he is waiting for you to send the request, and he rejects it and starts bitching at you because he wanted to be the one to send the trade request instead.

- You invite someone to do a trade and tell them to hold on because you are in an abyssal depths or whatever, and they start bitching at you because they can't wait a few minutes. One guy even threatened to give the other people in my party free stuff to get them to stop trading with me unless I immediately portaled out for him.

- You go to the seller's hideout to do a trade and he just starts spamming skills in his hideout, refuses to trade with you and refuses to say a single word...wtf?

- Someone wants to buy more currency than you have listed, you tell them you only have whats listed, then they start bitching at you for not having the amount they want.

- People who are out of stock and never remove their listings. An hour later, they are still showing up in search results.

- People who list items with min rolls for the prices of items with max rolls, bitch if you make an offer, and then the item doesn't sell for the rest of the league because nobody is paying their ridiculous price. And it just sits there cluttering up search results forever.

Last bumped on May 22, 2018, 9:53:08 AM
Fun and Interactive Trading.
Because the event isn't voided, so A LOT of people are standard players, playing the event just to make a profit. So everything is profit/efficiency. No time for standards, moral or politeness.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Then why didnt they play beastiary to make a profit? New league = new economy...if they had played at the start they would have made plenty of profit there too.
"
Question2 wrote:

Some very common examples :

- Seller lists an item in chaos, you ask whether you can pay in exalts + chaos because you dont have that many chaos on hand, he instantly leaves party without a word and refuses to respond any further.

Well… trading is so annoying that people are… extremely annoyed. And this applies to every league. And now league ends soon, so level of annoyance is really high. For example, just after beginning of each league I have no problem with selling something listed for… let’s say 50c for some equivalents in chayulas or fusings or I can take exalted and pay some chaos extra. But in certain stage of the league such types of transactions became real PITA.

I’am crafter so when I need 2 ex, it means I need 2 ex in 1 transaction, because I need exalted orbs for crafting, not chaos orbs to fiddle with another transaction to obtain exalts. Plain and simple. And because I play the game and usually try to kill some monsters on the map, I do not even bother to answer questions about the transaction, which I would not do anyway.
"
Question2 wrote:
Then why didnt they play beastiary to make a profit? New league = new economy...if they had played at the start they would have made plenty of profit there too.

As I said: efficiency. Easier to make profit in an event full of mechanics. And, a lot of people skipped Bestiary because, well, it was rather boring.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
It happens not only in flashback. And yet, people still don't want any sort of easier trading system where you can sell / buy items without having all of these problems.
That's why I'm switching to ssf playstyle.

The trade system is shitty and the community is ultra toxic.

This game is a solo game for me now because all interaction I had with people where always at the league of legend level of toxicity
"
- You message a seller, try to invite, and he starts bitching at you "OMG HOW DARE YOU INVITE ME GO AWAY"

Inviting as a buyer is extremely rude and intrusive so I understand that one.

"

It is commont courtesy asking to pay with alternative currency before getting invited, preferably as a part of the initial message. Completely understand this one too.

"
- People who deliberately list items that they have no intention of selling, this just clutters up search results. I had one guy who listed a map, then told me had no intention of selling and only listed it "because".

This is the lazy-man's price check. If they get a quick offer they bump the price and see if people still want to buy etc. Annoying but for some items it is really hard to set a price and I do understand to some level that newbies would prefer this method.

"
- People who are out of stock and never remove their listings. An hour later, they are still showing up in search results.

This is usually a bug that makes the item stuck/not updating. Have had items that show for a looooong time after selling it.

"
- People who list items with min rolls for the prices of items with max rolls, bitch if you make an offer, and then the item doesn't sell for the rest of the league because nobody is paying their ridiculous price. And it just sits there cluttering up search results forever.

So you are saying people are not allowed to set a price that the item is worth to them? Lets say I find a mirror. Lets say there are other mirrors for sale for 150ex, but for me the mirror is worth more and I don't want to part with it for less than 300ex. Sure it probably won't sell, but if I play permanent leagues from time to time the item still has value for me there. Same can happen with certain uniques. Move on. It is the seller's perogative to set the price he/she wants for the item.

Other than that I mostly agree with your post :P
Dont worry exiles. Tencent will implement an auction house in Western POE to quell player interaction to help their bottom line.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info