What is Tencent? Have a look

Tencent is an investment company. They invest in a lot of things. Now if you were an investor and picked up the penny stocks of companies like Apple, McDonalds, KFC, Microsoft, along with many others that later made you a billionaire many times over.

Now you will not be taking all of the money made from all of those investments and putting it into KFC. No, instead you would use the money from each to re-invest into that same investment. This means that Path of Exile that makes Tencent money from it will be re-invested into Path of Exile. Heck they might even hold on to some of it in a small fund just in case GGG needs it. Rather than put it along with all other money into its WeChat big brother ap.
You want to think about what companies are doing? See this.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceupbin/2011/10/22/the-147-companies-that-control-everything/#562980b15105

and this

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brendancoffey/2011/10/26/the-four-companies-that-control-the-147-companies-that-own-everything/#79097f0b685b

and think about it.

Also the problem is in our current situation that there is financial sector. People in this are not producing anything exept money and money are worthless without goods You can purchase. This financial thing is cancer on our economy and it is killing it.

Thats the problem.
Last edited by de99ial on May 29, 2018, 1:45:02 AM
"
IIPheXII wrote:

It won't affect your ingame that's true BUT 80% of the money won't be going to NZ and will land in the hands of those people who dabble in social engineering and orwellian practices.

The seller matters, not just the product.

I get the point you're making but this quote bothers me because of how factually incorrect it is and how common this misconception is.

Tencent (like any shareholder) gets 80% of profits. Not 80% of my supporter pack.

My supporter pack still pays for NZ employee salaries, office rent, expenses for GGG etc. Then the leftover has 80% given to tencent. In reality probably less than 10$ of my 60$ actually goes to tencent.

It doesn't change the OP's point but it is an important clarification.

Personally, I don't care where the money goes. I pay for a product. If the product quality is good, they get my money. If you put tencent out of business today, literally nothing would change. The next company would jump up and take over. Not to say that their practices or ethics aren't terrible but if your argument is gonna be the social score system, your problem is the chinese govt, not tencent. Do people actually expect businesses to turn down massive business deals for ethics nowadays? Do you think thats what happens in the west? The ONLY reason big companies like facebook care about ethics is simply because in the west the people will use social media to damage the company. If that wasn't a threat, they'd be doing the same shit they are probably doing now but openly.

Atleast Charan is arguing that tencent is a bad company to support, which I understand and get. Arguing that China is bad and so don't support coz you support China? That seems idiotic to me
"
think of Tencent as if the NSA were a corporate entity

so, they're google
Furthermore, the Trade Manifesto delenda est.

Bone Mommy did nothing wrong. I want to join the Syndicate.
Last edited by 007Bistromath on May 29, 2018, 8:24:44 AM
"
Mythkiller wrote:
"
IIPheXII wrote:

It won't affect your ingame that's true BUT 80% of the money won't be going to NZ and will land in the hands of those people who dabble in social engineering and orwellian practices.

The seller matters, not just the product.

I get the point you're making but this quote bothers me because of how factually incorrect it is and how common this misconception is.

Tencent (like any shareholder) gets 80% of profits. Not 80% of my supporter pack.

My supporter pack still pays for NZ employee salaries, office rent, expenses for GGG etc. Then the leftover has 80% given to tencent. In reality probably less than 10$ of my 60$ actually goes to tencent.

It doesn't change the OP's point but it is an important clarification.

Personally, I don't care where the money goes. I pay for a product. If the product quality is good, they get my money. If you put tencent out of business today, literally nothing would change. The next company would jump up and take over. Not to say that their practices or ethics aren't terrible but if your argument is gonna be the social score system, your problem is the chinese govt, not tencent. Do people actually expect businesses to turn down massive business deals for ethics nowadays? Do you think thats what happens in the west? The ONLY reason big companies like facebook care about ethics is simply because in the west the people will use social media to damage the company. If that wasn't a threat, they'd be doing the same shit they are probably doing now but openly.

Atleast Charan is arguing that tencent is a bad company to support, which I understand and get. Arguing that China is bad and so don't support coz you support China? That seems idiotic to me

I actually see it as that money will no doubt be used to finance Path of Exile. Due to the fact that Tencent as a smart investor will want to put the profits back into the game. It wouldn't make sense to put the profits into other products or the CEO's pockets. Where the investments have to keep funding the CEO's. If anything only a small portion of all investments goes to pay for Tencent employees and other expenses.

Tencent probably has it already figured out how much money from each investment will go to paying the company's expenses which is no doubt very small since they own so much. So most of what is left as profits from each investment no doubt goes right back into that investment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info