[3.5] Oni-Goroshi Wild Strike/Molten Strike: (Slayer/Jugg, 7K+ HP, 5k+ Leech) ~ Uber Elder Down!

"
KooperT wrote:

Glad you are enjoying!
I spent 3 leagues working on this build (BSC, Flashback, and Incursion), and I agree it is quite strong for the budget. I've played tons of builds over the past few leagues, and consider myself quite an experienced player - there are a ton of builds out there that may do more DPS, but balancing high DPS/Tankiness is more difficult. I really like Oni-Goroshi, as it's provided an excellent budget league-starter (not having to worry about fusings/6-link in early league is a godsend).

Grats on the double-anger Eye - I'm still only using a single-anger eye!

You probably should have tried for a +3MS helm though, before the eye; it's definitely a MUCH bigger DPS upgrade (single target.) Also as other poster mentioned, a corrupted Tombfist with a Curse on Hit is a good upgrade, but not critical, and nowhere near as potent as the helm enchant.

Also, consider dropping your Quicksilver flask for a Dying Sun. Get used to just using whirling blades/leap slam. The added DPS and survivability (Maximum fire resist) is no joke; you get 4 Icy Waves projectiles (instead of 2, effectively doubling it) from your Wild Strike, and more balls from Molten Strikes. If not for the DPS aspect, it's awesome just from a visual perspective.

I've been avoiding the +3 proj because all my gear is pretty tightly linked. Changing helms would mean redoing several pieces of gear... It's hard to sim the dps benefits of additional MS projectiles considering we never know how many are hitting the actual target... I felt like the constant +23% more dps from the Eye was a sure thing.

And yeah I wish I could get used to Leap Slamming around... too much time spent as a Pathfinder has me wanting always run fast!
"
I've been avoiding the +3 proj because all my gear is pretty tightly linked. Changing helms would mean redoing several pieces of gear... It's hard to sim the dps benefits of additional MS projectiles considering we never know how many are hitting the actual target... I felt like the constant +23% more dps from the Eye was a sure thing.

I understand; I had to redo all my gear 3 times this league. But it feels so good once everything is "perfectly" set up.

I had to search for days for the correct rings/boot/belt to fill in resists, and I also have exactly 77% Fire, 77% Cold and 77% Lightning resists for my Wise Oak, meaning I take 10% reduced damage from all elemental, which is a big deal. (Used a lot of divine orbs!)

The +3 molten strike enchant is actually ludicrous in terms of DPS increase.

For actual calculating, I suggest you use the Molten Strike DPS calculator that many consider quite viable:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1903956

Note that additional projectiles for Molten Strike don't increase the "spread" at all, so if 60% of your balls hit before increasing projectiles, 60% will hit afterwards. So more balls is always good.

(TLDR: The +3 helm enchant provides something like 30-40% MORE damage... it's a lot)
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jun 25, 2018, 1:51:12 PM

"
can you check my character.. what should i get to improve in the short term.

or any suggestions on what to do?

running trials still hurt like mad... no monster to hit to leach or refill flasks

1) Fix your flasks. Many players seem to completely neglect their flasks. Flasks are the strongest defensive/offensive component in PoE; each individual flask can do more for you than 1 entire item you have equipped. Drop all quicksilvers, run only 1 life flask, be sure to have armor flasks (Granite/Basalt). Be sure to have a flask of Staunching, Warding, Iron Skin, and a Diamond flask.

2) For Lab / Trials - DROP VAAL PACT. Doing labs without regen is shitty. You really don't need vaal pact for izaro, he's a joke anyway.

Otherwise, your gear looks "ok". Obviously need to improve all jewelry (higher life - IE your necklace only has 30 life). You have a pretty bad blue jewel in your tombfist... you could at least regal it for a 3rd mod. Try to get a good Stygian Vise asap for another free jewel slot.

i did the upgrades you mentioned. i always felt that was an issue.. guess i was trying to be cheap and save some Chaos Orbs... rather save for the real end game stuff instead of minor upgrades. anyways ill give it a try..
i run quicksilver cuz i only have T5 maps.. and currently they dont hurt. but lets see how this new setup works

thanks for the advice
"
KooperT wrote:

I understand; I had to redo all my gear 3 times this league. But it feels so good once everything is "perfectly" set up.

I had to search for days for the correct rings/boot/belt to fill in resists, and I also have exactly 77% Fire, 77% Cold and 77% Lightning resists for my Wise Oak, meaning I take 10% reduced damage from all elemental, which is a big deal. (Used a lot of divine orbs!)

The +3 molten strike enchant is actually ludicrous in terms of DPS increase.

For actual calculating, I suggest you use the Molten Strike DPS calculator that many consider quite viable:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1903956

Note that additional projectiles for Molten Strike don't increase the "spread" at all, so if 60% of your balls hit before increasing projectiles, 60% will hit afterwards. So more balls is always good.

(TLDR: The +3 helm enchant provides something like 30-40% MORE damage... it's a lot)

ah cool I had no idea that calculator existed. Thanks!
and ele weakness is 4k dps more per ball than ass mark thats the min max things but if u ran out of upgrades than u have nothing left besides min maxing and on the topic with the to socket tombfists sure maim is just a gimmick but the 2nd abyss jewel adds quite abit of dps if u can afford good jewels in general your jewels arent that good u could replace them aswell
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
Last edited by Dafii on Jun 26, 2018, 2:57:29 AM
"
and ele weakness is 4k dps more per ball than ass mark thats the min max things but if u ran out of upgrades than u have nothing left besides min maxing and on the topic with the to socket tombfists sure maim is just a gimmick but the 2nd abyss jewel adds quite abit of dps if u can afford good jewels in general your jewels arent that good u could replace them aswell

Curses in general are pretty weak on bosses, but yes, from a min-max perspective Elemental Weakness will provide slightly more DPS on bosses (it's miniscule, something like 3-5%). Assassin's Mark is great for trash too; more crits/more consistent oneshot packs, and provides mana/life back on kill.

The bigger upgrade is definitely 1 more abyss jewel socket; the Maim portion is not the reason people use 2-socket Tombfists. Abyss jewels are extremely potent; especially if you invest into good jewels (I bought some for 1ex - 1.5ex earlier in league, which was a lot for a jewel.)

For example, I have a jewel with:

48 Life
20-35 Fire Damage to Sword Attacks
8% Increased Attack Speed if you've dealt a critical strike recently

Something like this not only provides ridiculous DPS increase (I'm not at home to check, but it's something like 20-30k DPS per jewel) but the flat life is 150+ total life. Now get two of these, and you're talking 300 life from your glove, alongside a big dps increase, intimidate, and while not that important, the maim is a positive.

If you can't afford good Abyss jewels, however, it's perfectly fine to go with budget options of Oskarm or 1-socket tombfist.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jun 26, 2018, 12:17:54 PM
Hey, first off, nice guide. Took a while to get the 2 oni-goroshi (decided to farm them myself) but it's smooth going after that.
I am currently doing t8-t10 maps and I did my first t11 map where I died, 4 times. I am working towards my Xoph's Blood (taking a long time).

My pastebin https://pastebin.com/kfxr43sN. Can you please have a look and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Current Items:
"
Xeerad wrote:
Hey, first off, nice guide. Took a while to get the 2 oni-goroshi (decided to farm them myself) but it's smooth going after that.
I am currently doing t8-t10 maps and I did my first t11 map where I died, 4 times. I am working towards my Xoph's Blood (taking a long time).

My pastebin https://pastebin.com/kfxr43sN. Can you please have a look and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Current Items:

your gear and tree looks fine maybe hard mapmods?
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
"
your gear and tree looks fine maybe hard mapmods?

Yeah maybe.. ~% physical damage increased to rate, 105% inc. cold damage, 50% less life regen (shouldn't affect me) and mana regen (would this?)

Don't remember more but it was not reflect. Immediately found out when it was reflect.
Been looking for a good boss killer build for 3.3. I will make this character tonight and give updates as I go!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info