[3.13] GOLEMENTALIST (Flame Golems Elementalist) Build (Easy & Safe for everyone!) +Video guide!

"
AceOfJacks1 wrote:
Spoiler
Hello again. I have created a post on reddit about my current version of this build. I posted it there because I'm a fat lazy idiot who wanted to feel special because I had my own thread. ANYWAY, I would like some advice on how I should proceed. I am incredibly uneducated as it regards the advanced inner workings and the min-maxing of builds, as you will be able to see from the PoB link in that thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/d63qai/flame_golem_elementalist_needs_gear_suggestions/ is the link that I made my stupid little reddit thread. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can improve this character, I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time, and have a nice day.

Hello again.
I just killed Uber Elder with this character. It is my first time reaching anything higher than t11.
My first character was in Synthesis, an all unique version of a Baron/Mon'tregul's Zombie Necromancer. I was learning everything from scratch as a new player. I learned a lot.
In Legion, I still had my Unique addiction, and I played a Cane of Unravelling Bane Occultist. I barely got to red maps, but I thought I was doing well.

Then this league, I tried out Flame Golems. After coming here and getting the slap in the face that I really needed and deserved, I took that advice and ditched most of the Uniques for some rares with Energy Shield and resists. After going for Chaos Inoculation, I finally had the confidence to attempt Elder and Shaper. I did it in 4 portals, but it would have been 2 portals had an actual fly not flew straight into my eye, distracting me and causing me to freak out because a FLY ... tried to KILL me ... and then when I went back in, I didn't realize that the Shaper and Elder were camped next to the entrance, so I died immediately again which cost me another portal.

Anyway, I am ranting, and rambling, and making you read a whole bunch of useless text at this point. I apologize. THE REAL REASON I AM HERE, is to THANK YOU ALL for your help. I realize that I should take the advice of others, not be an ungrateful spoiled brat. I look forward to learning more as I continue to play, and I hope that I don't cause too much trouble for you all in the future.

One more thing. Now that I've gotten Uber Elder completed, what should I do next? What is this character best suited towards completing? Should I focus on doing more Uber Elders? Should I start deep delving? Should I just farm red maps? Should I retire the character and play something else? I've never gotten this far in this game, so I really don't know hoe I should proceed.

Edit: fixed a typo.
Last edited by AceOfJacks1 on Oct 3, 2019, 6:59:14 PM
Congrats, that's great news. As to what to do next, that's up to you. Personally I like to mix it up between all end game content. Delve is certainly a nice addition. There are some other bosses like Uber atziri, Mastermind, chayula you can tackle if u haven't already.
"
AceOfJacks1 wrote:
I took that advice and ditched most of the Uniques for some rares with Energy Shield and resists. After going for Chaos Inoculation, I finally had the confidence to attempt Elder and Shaper.

Well done.

But since you went with CI get rid of that life pot! Yes, it will remove bleeding but since your life is always 1/max it cannot recover any life and thus it doesn't have any duration so it cannot grant "Immunity to Bleeding during flask effect", get some utility flask "of Staunching" instead (Basalt maybe).

Get Elemental Equilibrium in the skill tree and use Storm Brand to trigger it, that's 50% reduced fire resistances on enemies right there!

Why are you using Inspiration Support? Any Elemental damage increase you may gain from Inspiration Charges only applies to yourself but not to your minions/golems.

You're not using any curse? So many empty sockets you can put to good use. Flammability for even more damage, Enfeeble for better defenses, take your pick.

You have anointed your amulet with Champion of the Cause which grants 18% increased effect to non-curse auras, such as Zealotry, and yet you have not linked Generosity Support to Zealotry which will increase its effect on your golems by up to 40%.

Replace your lvl 19 "dummy golems" with lvl 21 gems, 21/0 golem gems are dirt cheap thanks to The Rite of Elements Divination Cards. Consider dropping the Ice Golem and replace it with Empower 3 or 4. You will gain 7% more physical damage reduction from the Chaos Golem right there and 50 ES/sec regeneration per Stone Golem level.

Your belt has room for some improvement. At least use some Blessed Orbs to max the implicit value to 20... or replace it with a Crystal Belt, even a non-shaped version will do, it can be rolled to 150+ flat ES quite easy. Something like:

This should be more ES overall than your current 55 flat ES + 7% max ES.
Last edited by tomay on Oct 4, 2019, 3:03:58 AM
"
tomay wrote:

Lot's of text ... will handle point by point for clarity purpose

First of all, thank you for taking the time for a thought out, in depth response. I certainly don't deserve it. I appreciate you taking the time out for me.

Please don't think I'm being condescending or abrasive in my responses. It is not my intention. I guess it's just how I was raised to communicate with others?

"
tomay wrote:

get some utility flask "of Staunching" instead (Basalt maybe).

I plan on doing this. I just needed to confirm whether I should go for bleed or not. I'm thinking the following:
1- Quicksilver with extra move speed
2- Onslaught with evasion maybe??
Press both when moving for extra move speed.
3- ??
4- Utility flask with curse removal
5- Utility flask with bleed removal

75% res, CI, immune to shock, ignite, freeze, chill, all from Elemancer passive, so no need for resistance flasks. Can't use 40% increased damage flask, as it does nothing for Golems.

"
tomay wrote:

Get Elemental Equilibrium

I'm working on this character, but also thinking of my wife, who is also playing a similar character on her account. She has anxiety issues, and she needs a relatively low-stress play-style. The idea of walking up to a mob, pressing one button to teleport all the golems to you if they weren't there already, and letting the game handle all of the rest, is perfect for her. She panics and she cannot handle quick-thinking situations well. SUPER casual.

That being said, having to place another spell and worry about positioning before every mob will annoy her more than anything else. Currently it's Summon Golems, turn on auras, flame dash and convocation if needed, run around and avoid projectiles and explosions. Adding EE and making her actively have to worry about making sure the EE works properly, mi9ght be a bit much for her RIGHT NOW. Maybe as she gains more confidence (I expect 2-3 more leagues before she can really do it well.)

"
tomay wrote:

Why are you using Inspiration Support?

LITERALLY because it made the socketed spells cheaper while I level up the Enlighten gems on my auras to level 3. I have like 26 mana unreserved or something silly like that. I probably don't even need it. It's an open slot, just temporarily used by a reduced cost gem.

"
tomay wrote:

You're not using any curse? So many empty sockets you can put to good use. Flammability for even more damage, Enfeeble for better defenses, take your pick.

Thinking of my wife again. Maybe I can throw Flammability in for myself, but I'd have to let her play without it for a few days until she gets used to it as another skill to actively press. Making it an aura is a bad idea, as I'm already taking up enough mana reservation as is. Maybe Vixen's Entrapment gloves would let me cast the cheaper curse and trigger the more expensive one, to save mana?

"
tomay wrote:

You have anointed your amulet with Champion of the Cause which grants 18% increased effect to non-curse auras, such as Zealotry, and yet you have not linked Generosity Support to Zealotry which will increase its effect on your golems by up to 40%.

Literally forgot to get a Generosity. Will do ASAP.

Also, Champion of the Cause is because I was going like 5 or 6 auras with my old full-unique gear. So I wanted to maximize the auras. Seeing how this is a 35/35 Primordial Chain, I just left the anointment as it's expensive for Golden oils, and I didn't want to throw away the currency to throw another anoint on the amulet.

"
tomay wrote:

Replace your lvl 19 "dummy golems" with lvl 21 gems, 21/0 golem gems are dirt cheap thanks to The Rite of Elements Divination Cards. Consider dropping the Ice Golem and replace it with Empower 3 or 4. You will gain 7% more physical damage reduction from the Chaos Golem right there and 50 ES/sec regeneration per Stone Golem level.

Do we lose too much DPS by losing Ice Golem? Or does the extra Flame Golem make up for it? I thought the damage buff scales higher with 5 different Golems? I might be too uneducated in this area.

Getting level 21 gems is something I will do, but I just want to make sure I'm getting the right things first, then upgrading to higher levels of them, such as level 4 Enlightens, level 4 Empowers, level 21 non-flame Golems, etc. Why throw money at the wrong gem like a 21/20 Ice Golem if I'm going to drop it from the build?

"
tomay wrote:

replace it with a Crystal Belt, even a non-shaped version will do, it can be rolled to 150+ flat ES quite easy.

I will work on the belt. I know there is room for improvememt on every single piece of gear I'm wearing. It just means I need to learn more, so that I can make educated decisions for upgrading. Again, thank you for all the help so far. I really appreciate you taking the time out to guide me, especially when I don't deserve it.
You may use Cast when Damage Taken for Storm Brand and/or Curse. For best effect link CWDT lvl 1 + Storm Brand lvl 8 + Curse on Hit + curse of choice, where the latter two gems can be max lvl and quality on CoH will increase the curse effectiveness. No buttons to press, it will all happen automatically when you get hit. While it is possible to cast curses directly with CWDT lvl 1, they'll have very low effect and will be cast at your location and not on the attacker so if the attacker is out of range the curse is for the birds, better use CoH. Either way, Elemental Equilibrium is far too strong for us to miss out on.

Champion of the Cause isn't such a bad choice, it's 3% more damage via Zealotry after all and quite the boost for Discipline as well.

Speaking of Discipline, you may want to add a Watcher's Eyr jewel with "(20-30)% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline", this will also affect the ES regeneration from Stone Golem/Zealot's Oath. You have 11 golems so a lvl 24 Stone Golem will regenerate you 914.4 ES per second, almost 1200 with Watcher's Eye. You can replace you Eminence jewel with Watcher's Eye. If you don't want to invest in Watcher's Eye at least replace Eminence with another Harmony jewel, Eminence is pretty much dead weight for us.

I didn't calculate the exact numbers for your character but the general consensus is to run 3 dummies and the rest flame golems. The most important reason for you to use empower is to get the Chaos Golem to lvl 22 (or better) so you get 6% more physical damage reduction. You don't have the + minion gem lvl mod on your helmet so empower is the only way for you to achieve this. In addition you will gain about 50 energy shield/second regenerated per Stone Golem level (via Zealot's Oath). Empower will also make the golems a lot healthier.

As for your final flask, there are a couple of choices: Rumi's Concoction is always handy for attack/spell damage block, Basalt Flask for phys dmg reduction or an elemental dmg reduction pot where needed, depending on the bosses you want to take on.
Last edited by tomay on Oct 5, 2019, 5:34:00 AM
Hello again. I just wanted to say thanks again for all the help. I have passed on the gear to my wife so that she can try to get to red maps on her own pace. I got the itch to play something different, which I normally do not play (RF Chieftain) and I figured she can use the gear instead of it just sitting on my character collecting dust. I will pick the character back up in a little while, probably in Standard, where it might be easier to start min-maxing. Thanks again for all the assistance, I truly appreciate it.
How strong is this build now comparing to zombies / spectres / skellies?
Nowhere near in terms of damage output.
No matter, build can do all content with ease. Proper gear and all content deathless.

On a related note, I finally ran into Aul, the Crystal King at 350 depth and mopped the floor with him first attempt. I was expecting a little more challenging fight but all has been easy as of late. Waiting on the blight content at this point.
True, this build surely can do anything the game has to offer... but in terms of damage output Zombies are currently in a league of their own.

I've done lvl 100 now so I'm pretty much done here for a while. Gonna miss them golems for sure. Anointed my Amulet in standard with Righteous Army, paid about 120 Chaos for the oils (Verdant/Black/Black).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info