The avengers: the infinity war (spoiler talk)

"
diablofdb wrote:
"
sarannah101 wrote:
Spoiler
Avengers: Infinity war was AWESOME! Didn't expect something this good after Thor 3: ragnarok let me down big time.

Personally I would rate infinity war 9.5/10... would be a 10 if it wasn't for the open ending. Always love the upgrades ironman gets in every movie. Also loving the whole optimistic spiderman walking around introducing himself.

Did feel bad I never saw guardians of the galaxy :(

Just try to imagine all the movies that you kinda have to watch before seeing infinity war:
-Ironman 1-3
-Thor 1-3 (Thor 3 really a must, sadly)
-Avengers 1-2
-Captain America 1-3
-Spiderman: Homecoming
-Doctor strange
-The hulk
-Black panther (Really a must, since alot of the action takes place in this area)
-Guardians of the galaxy
And I still feel like I'm forgetting some, haha!

There are indeed so many movies in this universe, and most of them range from good to awesome. Marvel did a good job to flesh out their entire cinematic universe. It's a good time to be a superhero fan. Sadly this isn't the same with DC cinematic universe, I wish it was as good.

Movies you forgot are the 2nd Guardian of the galaxy and Antman.
Antman was really only mentioned in Infinity War, but since Civil War is required viewing, I suppose by proxy Antman is too. Not to mention it's a pretty decent movie anyway.

I've watched all the movies at least twice now, but I might do another rewatch before Avengers 4.
Hi.

IGN: Lady_Serena
Last edited by fragiledreams on May 23, 2018, 9:43:33 AM
"
diablofdb wrote:
omg Thanos throw a fucking moon. Movie was awesome, did you guys liked it?

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on May 23, 2018, 8:10:14 PM
lol.
the avengers universe is to movies what mumble-rap is to rap-music.

so obviously based on formalism, so naive, its hillarious.
hey, we are sh*t at what we are doing, but thats ironic and self-referential and postmodern, and we dont care, but we pretend to care about not caring, aaaiiight! (that is EVERY line of every dialogue in every avengers-movie)

the irony and pastiche of the avengers is not a contextual means of subversion or criticism but merely, again - : a formalism. it lacks any intelligence. because it is designed in such a way to be understood by ANYone.

the objective: achieving the biggestestest effect possible by only employing the lowestestest common denominator.

but there is a lesson to be learned here:
media can no longer be approached from a perspective of aesthetics/ hermeneutics, not even semiotics in barthes´ sense or systemic symbolism in baudrillards sense - but merely as a commercial, hyper-constructed product. merchandise, literally... for contemporary commercial cinema, we need a post-postmodern theory, lol.

the avengers universe is to movies what a mcdonalds cheeseburger is to food, what starbucks is to coffee.

strange how watchmen and nolans batman basically ended the superhero-genre as a narrative while at the same time being a near-perfect cinematic experience, as movies.

but here we are, with fast & furious nth and avengers nth making billions and attracting the masses. :D

spoiler-alert for the next movie: everyone will be brought back to life (Hi dragonball!), hah, you didnt see that coming, didnt you?
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
omg Thanos throw a fucking moon. Movie was awesome, did you guys liked it?

I find Thanos's premise in the movie stupid, because doing a 50% wipe once serves no purpose. If Thanos is correct (in the movie) he would need to basically schedule a 50% wipe every 500-1000 years.

They should have stuck with the comic book Thanos who just wanted to please Mistress Death.
Finally saw the movie last night. It was really awesome, lots of funny moments and of course lots of action. I was really surprised that the theater was full even after 8 weeks. Also that moment at the end, everybody was stunned, you couldn't hear anyone in the theater.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
"
PaoloPinkel wrote:
but here we are, with fast & furious nth and avengers nth making billions and attracting the masses. :D

spoiler-alert for the next movie: everyone will be brought back to life (Hi dragonball!), hah, you didnt see that coming, didnt you?

Some movies are about the journey... you beforehand know that in a superhero movie, the superhero will win. Personally I watch these movies to see the epic group fights.

Same with dragonball, after 20 years, I still watch it to see what will happen. Even though roughly you will already know how it will end. DBS's ending I predicted even before the tournament of power started... but how they got there was still friggin AWESOME!

The red thread in these movies and shows is never really a surprise. Honestly, I hardly ever have had a movie or tv show surprise me at all with how it went.

This is sort of the reason I watch "the good witch" as well. There's like 8-9 movies and 3-4 season of it so far, and it is always fun to try and predict how things come to be. Just to see if I was right.
"
sarannah101 wrote:
"
PaoloPinkel wrote:

Some movies are about the journey... you beforehand know that in a superhero movie, the superhero will win. Personally I watch these movies to see the epic group fights.

Same with dragonball, after 20 years, I still watch it to see what will happen. Even though roughly you will already know how it will end. DBS's ending I predicted even before the tournament of power started... but how they got there was still friggin AWESOME!

The red thread in these movies and shows is never really a surprise. Honestly, I hardly ever have had a movie or tv show surprise me at all with how it went.

This is sort of the reason I watch "the good witch" as well. There's like 8-9 movies and 3-4 season of it so far, and it is always fun to try and predict how things come to be. Just to see if I was right.

The last avengers was just horrible... too obvious, too emotionally whining, and too just plain stupid in too many scenes.

DB series... i liked DBZ, all of it. But DB (before dbz) was sorta dull, and DBS was very very bad.

Really, really bad. The only thing it had going for it was his newest form but they only had that for like 3 episodes or something, partial at that.

DB is a case of should have been ended ages ago.

DBGT btw i thought was worse than dbz, but it's somehow refreshing and good after watching dbs.

I can't even think of a single series i like anymore (that's being pumped out today). Figuring or knowing the good guys will win is one thing. But "so obvious and stupid" should never be the case. Too much of that sadly.

Unless someone really likes krillin beating fighters with his foot smell, in which case series must seem really great
"
Templar_G wrote:
The last avengers was just horrible... too obvious, too emotionally whining, and too just plain stupid in too many scenes.

DB series... i liked DBZ, all of it. But DB (before dbz) was sorta dull, and DBS was very very bad.

Really, really bad. The only thing it had going for it was his newest form but they only had that for like 3 episodes or something, partial at that.

DB is a case of should have been ended ages ago.

DBGT btw i thought was worse than dbz, but it's somehow refreshing and good after watching dbs.

I can't even think of a single series i like anymore (that's being pumped out today). Figuring or knowing the good guys will win is one thing. But "so obvious and stupid" should never be the case. Too much of that sadly.

Unless someone really likes krillin beating fighters with his foot smell, in which case series must seem really great

I really liked this avengers movie. For starters it didn't feel rushed, since they knew it would be spread amongst multiple(atleast 2). The fights were awesome as well.

DBGT was the worst of the dragonball series, I did not see the orginal dragonball fully though. I see/think of super saiyan 4 as a form only achievable with tail. Dragonball super had some weak saga's... but that was mostly due to the movies. The beerus saga was great, movie as well(battle of gods). I loved the resurrection F movie, frieza never laid a hand on either goku or vegeta. For the series they made golden frieza matching goku's power though. Which I disliked, I suggest skipping this saga. The zamasu/goku black saga had some great things as well, but I'm kinda on the fence about that. But the tournament of power saga and how they handled everything in it was mindblowingly awesome.

Personally I like darker shows more. May I suggest "The 100" and "Cobra Kai", you might like them. I think the 100 is alot better than game of thrones. And Cobra Kai, you end up not knowing who to root for.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Jun 29, 2018, 12:58:43 PM
"
Khoranth wrote:

I find Thanos's premise in the movie stupid, because doing a 50% wipe once serves no purpose. If Thanos is correct (in the movie) he would need to basically schedule a 50% wipe every 500-1000 years.

"The Wipe" was done to encourage each species to take measures to control their population growth. This was before he obtained the gauntlet though. Thanos doesn't like over-breeders, and neither do I. Especially if you're incapable of sustaining your offspring.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 2, 2018, 7:18:10 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Cobra Kai was far, far better than it had any right to be.

It really was, also Daniel still cheated in the tournament and won with an illegal kick to the face.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info