Let's kick-off the Incursion teaser cycle with a new unique item!

Those gloves seem crazy over the top with a lot of cast speed and the new cast speed scaling traps.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Seriously want me to play a trapper next league don't you Bex?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Nice art. I'm pseudo-resigned to trying fire trap or something next league but I can't say traps or mines excite me to the point where I just can't hide it.
Last edited by ladish on May 13, 2018, 9:40:54 PM
"
Yo the fucking armor right there looks like some dark souls shit well done art team btw.

Yes, the GGG art department is doing a stellar job. I made a post about it here. It's just too bad the general programming of PoE is toward faster and faster playing such that the artwork is lost because we're rushing through as fast as possible. And our fast speed builds cause a clusterfuck of explosions and other visual effects pollution that it completely obscures everything and the quality of the art details from the gear to the environment is lost. I think GGG is losing (maybe has already lost) their vision of what they wanted PoE to be (the real successor to D2) and are just following the money trail. So PoE is going down the path of being a twitch shooter and not a role playing game anymore. Blizzard top execs pulled the rug out from under the Blizzard-North dev team and forced them to go down a different path just for pure monetary gains and we ended up with less role playing and more of just another mindless shooter game (explains why many quit and it was closed down... some started Runic Games). I think GGG is following the same/similar path as Blizzard did as PoE is more and more just a shooter and less of a role playing game.

Edit: But to get back on topic my hat's off to the GGG art department for the quality of the look of PoE. Some of the new gear is beautiful.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 13, 2018, 10:19:38 PM
Eh... sorry, hard to get behind this one at all.

I mean, I saw some of the new traps have cast speed scaling so this looks 'noob-trap decent' for them. But it's not great, cuz you probably still won't have that much cast speed, at best you'd probably just get back the 30% throwing speed you're losing and a bit more. Not worth it, especially since shaper gloves can give both inc cast speed and inc trap throwing speed.

10% inc aoe? Completely insignificant ever since the aoe changes, you'd be lucky to get 1 additional unit of radius off that little.

And the blood magic for traps bit? I'd rather use

And charges on traps being 'triggered by enemies' is lame in general, because trappers pretty much use chain reaction or sunblast, and traps triggered in those ways don't count for this.

Besides ALL that, the most important part where this falls short: any trapper that knows what they're doing is going to shoot for shaper gloves with the additional trap affix

No trapper in their right mind is going to give up throwing an extra trap for this unique. They'd just take up a item slot that you could get way better trap-oriented bonuses from. This item is 100% noob-trap.
Last edited by Shppy on May 13, 2018, 10:44:10 PM
Why do you brick so many otherwise decent uniques by giving them no life and no resistances?

I can see this allowing some neat interactions, but nothing that would objectively offset the complete loss of defenses from one gear slot.
"
Shppy wrote:

Auras, Heralds, and Arctic Armour?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:

Auras, Heralds, and Arctic Armour?

Works fine for me without em. Awakening gives ~240 average damage added to spells. That's way better than heralds (and since traps can't proc the herald effects the flat damage to spells is all they do) and way better than offensive auras (anger gives 90 average damage at level 20).

Can still use essence worm for an aura (or two if you're cool with giving up two rings). Alternatively, could still use Perfect Form for free Arctic Armor and Impresence for a free 1-element blasphemy curse.

For my trapper with it, Awakening was around 40% more dps with level 20 gems (it was ~67% more dps when i equipped it around level 68), plus blood magic making costs completely irrelevant. Well worth it. And I eventually tacked on an essence worm with Grace for a few thousand extra evasion.

(plus, fortify + born in shadows + kongming's gave me 60% reduced spell damage taken and 30% reduced non-spell hit damage taken, more or less. And blind. Many times i felt tankier than a juggernaut despite having less than 4k life)
Last edited by Shppy on May 14, 2018, 12:07:42 AM
Probably worth a chance orb.
"
Nephalim wrote:
Incursion is like a trapper's wet dream.

I am thrilled by everything they said about trap, except one thing:

I am actually terrified at the idea of no-cd traps. I find traps fun because you have to cycle through different skills. Self-stacking spammable traps do defeat the purpose.

But siphoning and spire traps seems to cater to the old trap playstyle, so it should be ok.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info