PVP and text chat

Will this still be coming soon?
Last bumped on Mar 3, 2019, 4:39:27 PM
Doubt they will come, game been out on Xbox 9 months now and still no news on them and with the Xbox player base been so low now, we will probably just get basic ported leagues from pc.

IIRC, there was a statement that they want to bring PVP elements to XBox. AFAIK, the whole plan is to have the XBox and PC versions be functionally the same with the possible exception of the various trading apps and things that PC players can use. However, even so, they want to improve upon the ability of XBox players to search for items and to interact with each other. That would mean we can still look forward to some forms of improvement including PVP, item searches and, perhaps, even player interaction.

Note: We also have to keep in mind that Microsoft, who owns the platform, is wary of anything that might turn the platform or gaming experience into some sort of spam-fest or, worse, having a constant flood of "ur momma" and other harassment issues that could give their IP a bad rep. IOW - Don't expect some "General Chat" unless GGG fully commits to hiring mods to steward it 24hrs a day. (They'd probably be overworked...)
"
Morkonan wrote:
Note: We also have to keep in mind that Microsoft, who owns the platform, is wary of anything that might turn the platform or gaming experience into some sort of spam-fest or, worse, having a constant flood of "ur momma" and other harassment issues that could give their IP a bad rep. IOW - Don't expect some "General Chat" unless GGG fully commits to hiring mods to steward it 24hrs a day. (They'd probably be overworked...)

I don't think it is Microsoft holding this part back. Look at pretty much any MMO on Xbox with chat currently, such as Neverwinter, Terra, Star Trek Online, etc... Everytime you load in there is someone spamming gold / currency buying sites. Anytime there is chat this is going to happen.

As long as we get an option to hide / disable chat and or block specific people from showing in chat, it should help alleviate some frustrations. Personally I wouldn't care if chat was ever added. The people I want to chat with on console I am already in an Xbox party chat with.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
"
Corrison wrote:
...The people I want to chat with on console I am already in an Xbox party chat with.

Same, here.

Some devs have absolutely no access to anything "player specific" for their own game on Xbox while some, like PoE, seem to have direct access. So, that tells me that PoE is hosting their own stuff or has different licensing, rather than Microsoft being the only authority. (Aside from obvious "server" connections.)

My ignorance is only tempered by the fact that there can be different concerns that are dependent upon who owns what and who wishes to seek protections with which IP, etc..

I would like certain sorts of chat or messaging ability, especially when it comes down to trading. But, then again, I don't want fifteen messages/tells a minute for some piece of crap I put up in the Market, either... A "switch" would would allow for "negotiations" for certain items would be nice, I suppose.

ie: Can't message someone unless they toggle that switch.

For "Open Chat" in towns, I don't care, just so long as I can filter it.
i keep giving them all my money and theres still no customizable loot filter
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.
"
rangerDangerr wrote:

yes there is its in options UI i think its neversinks one
"
"
rangerDangerr wrote:

yes there is its in options UI i think its neversinks one

customizable loot filter
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.
Last edited by rangerDangerr on May 21, 2018, 2:47:00 AM
"
Morkonan wrote:

lol I take it you've never played a true MMO on Xbox. No, GGG doesn't need to "hire mods" hahaha.
The lack of Matchmaking/PvP/Chat is disappointing. Also, you should of had in your title something like "How do i buy microtransactions and the devs would of replied almost instantly

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info