Skill Revamps - Part 5

"
stomatopod wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:
wait wait wait, do you have to reach a certain stage in order to get the final wave on incinerate?

Cuz if not, at 500% more damage and 200 average damage at level 20 per cast, you could just repeatedly tap the skill to get 1200 base damage final waves with a base cast time of .2 seconds... that's completely obscene dps.

In addition to that, how does the final wave's 'more' modifier interact with the 'more' modifier per stage?

well unless you want the be clicking your mouse 5+ times a second i don't think it would be to big a deal. that being said, ignites don't stack so ignite based build might be able to just click once for the wave and run away from bosses

really the big changes are probably that it can crit (easier) and lost the proj tag so prjectile speed and extra projectiles arnt needed

a) i'd use my keyboard. I don't actually use my mouse for rapid use stuff, i mostly have like portal or orb of storms on my middle mouse and decoy on the right mouse button.

b) it'd be a very big deal, because ~200 average hit damage from the 'channel' plus ~1200 release damage with a .2 second cast time is bonkers base dps. That'd be ~7000 base dps... compared to even the best (non-channeled) spells atm like glacial cascade and frostbolt that are at about ~1300 base dps, or compared to sustained channeling of incinerate that would only net you ~3000 base dps at max stages.

If it was just 500% more ignite damage with the final wave? Sure, that'd be fine, cuz that's not stackable. But 500% more final wave hit damage for just doing a 1-stage cast-and-release is insane with such a short cast time required. And from the Ziggyd video, it appears that indeed you get a final wave regardless of how long you channel, so my concerns are extremely valid.
"
Kazrial wrote:
Also.. is Ziggy the official mascot of GGG now?

Depends. Are you volunteering to travel to NZ on your own expense while also managing to build a popular stream? If so, I suggest you apply for the position. :)
Last edited by Exile009 on May 9, 2018, 12:36:00 AM
"
Kunaak wrote:
It looks really fun, but I am curious how these skill revamps will effect the various MTXs for the skills that are being changed.

Ziggy confirmed on Reddit that the Incinerate mtx will be updated to match the new version. Presumably that will hold for any other skill mtx'es as well.
"
hayze420 wrote:
wait a second, where is skill revamp part 4??????? am i missing something????

Yes - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2139315/page/1
TOTEM OF EXILE
Time for southbound infernal blow for extreme aoe overlap...
Incinerate build incoming.
what about old incinerate MtX , now its useless ?

"
Bamzyniigata wrote:

no? Becomes a revamped effect.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Bamzyniigata wrote:

no? Becomes a revamped effect.

I hope they ll do that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info