[3.2] Lifting's Frost Blades & Dual Strike Champion | Fast Mapper & High Single Target DPS!

"
Hi :) im very grateful for this build:) i have one question: what should i use in secondary weapon or should i leave in empty?

I am glad to hear it! =)

In regards to weapon swap there is nothing specific I can recommend.

If you prefer you could invest into a pair of expensive rare claws to use for single target damage for bosses. This is not needed though.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Seff87 wrote:
Hey Lifting, following up your builds and learn a lot every time, thanks!
I have to follow with the Adrenaline-Proc - don't really like it too.
I see it a second time that you don't want to use "Inspirational" for 35% more dmg + 12% movement.
Is there something "wrong" with that or is it too bad maybe?
Because I would safe the point for perma-fortify, I can handle it to get it manual.

Thanks a lot, looking forward to your future builds!

Hey, glad to hear it - it's my pleasure! =)

Inspirational is completely fine and its a good keystone overall, it is just that I think the other ones are better in most cases.

If you don't like the adrenaline proc (which I totally understand) then Inspirational is an excellent alternative. Personally, however I would pick permanent fortify and instead of the "Fortify" support gem add in culling strike in the mobility setup - granted it had 20% quality for faster whirl speed, and the ability to cull of course.
"
Phypon wrote:
I just don't understand these builds I guess. While I'm a little low on life and things aren't perfect yet, this build feels too damn squishy. I'm not expecting to face-tank, but I wasn't expecting I'd occasionally be getting one-shot in T1 maps either. I've made one fairly good character in Standard, but most other builds just end up feeling waaaaaaaaaaay too squishy for survival. WHAT AM I MISSING!?

Phypon, please read and watch the guide properly.

I mention several times that getting the right affixes on your rare gear is incredibly important. When I look at your gear it is obvious that you haven't read or heard what I say in the guide.

From the guide:
You should have a MINIMUM of 70+ life on ALL your rare gear where it is possible. Without decent life rolls on your gear the passives will have nothing to scale and you will end up with a low life pool.
Also, make sure you reach a minimum of 75% to all elemental resistances (softcap) before you start mapping.

From the video:
https://youtu.be/NB6no8ghFEE?t=832

When I look at your gear, you don't have a single rare item with more than 30 life, and some of them have no life roll at all.

I hope this doesn't come off as being rude - that certainly isn't my intention, but it is incredibly frustrating when I put a lot of effort into emphasizing how important this is and yet it remains ignored.
I want people to have a great experience with the builds I put out, but that is not going to happen unless they listen to the advice I give. I am not sure how I can make it any clearer.

My advice to you is to replace your rare gear with the suggested affix rolls I have presented in the video and written guide. Get LIFE (70+) on each rare item as a minimum and you will have a much tankier character. Remember that a 100% of 0 is still 0 - what I mean by that is that unless you have a certain amount of life on gear the % life nodes in your skill-tree wont have anything to scale from.

Good luck! =)
"
waved4sh wrote:
Is 83% too low for chance to hit? From what I know, Worthy Foe guarantees chance to hit, but not chance to crit? Really not sure how the math works out.

In theory it means that you occasionally miss a crit, or even completely miss the attack on your first hit against the monster - in practicality you won't even notice it =)
"
mortadella80 wrote:
How can a (Might and influence) work if u havent 40 dexterity in radius in ur skilltree ?

Read the text description again mate:

"With at least 40 Dexterity in Radius,
Dual Strike has a 20% chance
to deal Double Damage with
the Main-Hand Weapon"

I underlined the important part. We have 40 dex in radius. It doesn't matter if it is allocated or not =)
"
KOrchann wrote:
Hi Lifting, nice guide thanks;) having blast with it;)
Have a 1 question if I’ll use blade flurry will same gem setup apply? Never played BF before and want to try it any suggestions?

Good to hear mate and you are most welcome =)

If you use Blade Flurry the gem setup changes slightly. I recommend the following setup:

- Blade Flurry
- Concentrated Effect
- Elemental Damage with Attacks
- Elemental Focus
- Melee Physical Damage
- Increased Critical Damage

This should give you the most damage.

One thing to note however is that when using concentrated effect with BF, it also drastically reduces the distance you can be from the enemy and still be able to hit. In case you don't like how much it is limiting you, you can instead use "Maim" - however concentrated effect is by far one the biggest damage multipliers for BF, so it isn't an easy choice.
"
darkforce1985 wrote:
Nice guide, but is there's any other options for armor and helmet?

Farrul stuffs in Flashback overpriced af

6l armor itself 40ex and helm is 2ex = 42ex for 2 pcs... nope

Thanks man!

Please read the guide (budget requirement section), or watch the video I specifically touch on this. There is indeed alternatives.
"
"
KOrchann wrote:
Hi Lifting, nice guide thanks;) having blast with it;)
Have a 1 question if I’ll use blade flurry will same gem setup apply? Never played BF before and want to try it any suggestions?

Good to hear mate and you are most welcome =)

If you use Blade Flurry the gem setup changes slightly. I recommend the following setup:

- Blade Flurry
- Concentrated Effect
- Elemental Damage with Attacks
- Elemental Focus
- Melee Physical Damage
- Increased Critical Damage

This should give you the most damage.

One thing to note however is that when using concentrated effect with BF, it also drastically reduces the distance you can be from the enemy and still be able to hit. In case you don't like how much it is limiting you, you can instead use "Maim" - however concentrated effect is by far one the biggest damage multipliers for BF, so it isn't an easy choice.

Thanks again mate may t RNG is got to u;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
Thanks for the build!

Having loads of fun with it but will probably get to sick of adrenaline:)

any suggestions on gear upgrades? Know 1 cast when damage taken is broken just cant stand dropping frostbomb, ancestral, bloodlust and adrenaline all the time.

And since helmet and chest piece is pricey as hell whats the best enchant? wondering if i should go with frost blades % 40 or one of the dual strike ones. Cant for the life of me find that Jewel with % phys conversion either(might want to add it to written guide)

Few questions
How important is the evasion on gear pieces?
What about abyss jewels with flat dmg and life?

Sorry if I asked something already explained

Last edited by Intervation on May 9, 2018, 2:56:51 PM
Hey lifting thanks for the guide and the videos great job man, sorry if its a nooby question still learning my away around POB but its worth trying to fit the FB threshold jewel into the build or its a loss of dps, thanks again man

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info