[3.5] Synopsis's Crit Lightning Strike Inquisitor - Dagger - [NO LONGER UPDATED]

Level 94, in HO Dps - zero charge used - no potions up - no godly gear.

Without herald of ice : 500k

Changes with 3.5
Spoiler

The build has a completely different skill tree now : it has a lot more lightning nodes but we lose one jewel.

It now has ~600% crit multiplier (from ~550%) .

The build now has Acrobatics & Phase Acrobatics.

The build now has Piercing (Mapping is way faster this way).

We now use Berek's Grip to leech life, you can try with warlord's mark ("on hit" with a ring or simply as a curse) as an alternative.

Overall it feels as powerful as before but more tanky (life is more or less the same as before) and it is a lot better for mapping (piercing) .

1. Videos

Shaper (died two times because of chaos balls and vortex misplacement :/):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo5zbIIQ3Ow

T16 Pit of the Chimera (old tree without piercing , I'll update it later) :
https://youtu.be/8cHK1wqWkKA

2. Pros/Cons

Pros
- You can do all content
- Very fun to play
- Average cost
- Very good single target dmg and multiple targets dmg as well
- Overall good survivability (50%+ Block with Rumi's, Acceptable life for SC (4.5k), Enfeeble, Fortify, Arctic armour)
- Daggers are not really used therefore you can find good ones for a decent price

Cons
- Can't do elemental reflect maps
- Requires a bit of skill to use it
- Bad collisions can be VERY frustrating
- If you want to get a balanced character with my tree, aim for at least level 85+ with a decent gear

3. Improvements

As you can see I decided to privilege my dps over my survivability however there's still room for improvements :

DPS improvements :
- My dagger is decent but you can get a better one (400+ dps - with global multiplier) not too costly.
- Not all the gems are 21/20.
- If you want to go yolo you can replace Kaom's roots with skyforth/Bubonic Trail
- You can use 2 x Tamings
- You can get the mod "+x% Critical Strike chance when affected by Wrath" on The Watcher's eye (very expensive)
- The rings can get the mod "adds x to x lightning damages to attacks".
- You can get X% increased lightning damage on the belt.

Life improvements :
- You can get 5k+ life by getting increased maximum life on your jewels, as you can see only 2 of mine have this stat.
- Life on my abyss jewels can be improved (35+ Max life)
- Didn't test another amulet, you might find a good rare one with life and good dmg added as well.
- Rings/Shields with better stats
- Some life nodes are still available (cluster near Pain Attunement or more ES/Life nodes).

4. Path of Building - Pastebin link

Link :

Note : I didn't adapt my res to this new tree so don't worry if they are uncapped :)

5. Skill tree

My skill tree (level 94) :

https://www.poeplanner.com/AA8AAQEADxUAAH353YuMhIPmfe8hwGYEs6IARUcy0evumuBFnVNSHNyPGh8CBAdMs4PbVcbQH-_rOw0RD36vjRngEtlf3YwtH5UgwfOiow_EO3y4yn_GMFutMxnXrJcdgxGWBx6VLvDVSVEOSF3yKgtwUonTjDZwVpoT29RVS2HiJpUWv52qbIzo1psmFqo90QV9BbWNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkJRR-dUJP3_3jfU7T8wfI19I_ZNkmKswuy0xdvnRwbYdlb1226X0I6KuT6sZizhfeMajVsmf_tsCPGKkye-iqEv0NCP-sjcfIMRLYP3Klt59lLsOlgCltJ8km68Vqi5DFLtYZx7AAAAAAA=

Suggested progression trees :

/!\ If you don't have a good gear I would advise to pick up more life nodes and less lightning nodes as you might encounter serious life difficulties otherwise. You can respect later once you've got a more balanced character.

6. Ascendancy

Inquisitor
1 - First go for Inevitable Judgement : with this you don't need to have lightning penetration.
2 - Instruments of Virtue
3 - Augury of Penitence

7. My Gear

8. Jewels

9. Flasks

Here are my potions :

- Anti bleeding life potion : Quite self-explanatory.

- Rumi's : Very good for damage reduction and blocks.

- Staunching flask : Attack speed with Onslaught, you don't need "remove bleeding" on it if you already have it on one of your others flasks.

- Atziri's Promise : Good for Chaos res and damages.

- The Wise Oak : Very practical in minus res maps and against bosses.

(-) Taste of Hate is also a good dps/res option.

10. Gems setups

Main attack :
Lightning Strike
Added Lightning Damage
Elemental Damage with Attacks
Multistrike
Damage on full life / Ancestral Call (good for mapping)
Increased Critical Strikes

Cwdt low level (9) :
Cwdt
Enfeeble
Tempest Shield

Auras :
Wrath
Herald of Thunder
Enlighten
Arctic Armour/Herald of Ice

Movement :
Charge
Fortify

Attack Speed

Golem :
Cwdt
Ice Golem

11. Bandits : Kill All

12. Questions

How do you manage your mana ?

Spoiler
You should pick up the "Mana Leech" node as soon as possible when you're low lvl it may be a bit slow to get your mana back but as you level it will be enough to not have any problem with it, in the meantime use mana potions.

How do I run Wrath + Arctic Armour + Herald of Thunder at the same time ?

Spoiler
You have to use enlighten at least level 3 which must be linked to the three buffs, with this you should get enough mana to use lightning strike without any issue.

There's a good calculator to help you knowing how much mana you will get once the three buffs are running with enlighten : https://poe.mikelat.com

Should I not go full elemental conversion ?

Spoiler
You don't need a full ele conversion here because the physical damages are pretty insignificant with this tree (there's no phys boost apart from the dagger's ones) - take a look at the phys damages on the image above, you'd lose more than you'd gain with full ele convert. It might worth giving a try with a very high phys dagger (and thus absurdly expensive), but with a way different tree and I'm not sure you'd be able to reach that amount of dps.

What dagger should I use ?

Spoiler
If you can't afford a top notch high phys/lightning damage dagger it is very important to get a dagger with very high lightning damage and adding as much as possible dps with the other sources of damages, physical damages won't boost your dps significantly there if they are too low. In terms of cost/efficience a 350 full ele dps dagger will be better than a mixed 400 dps partly physical and partly elemental if the physical damages are not enough substantial, because only 50% of the physical damages will benefit from the WED gem. It would require a rather expensive dagger to see a significant difference from an elemental dagger.

Try to aim for at least 1.7+ Attack speed and 7% crit.

Also : crit multiplier on dagger is way more important than having a little more dps.

Thank you

Feedbacks and acknowledgements are always welcome, I would be glad to know how it went for you !

... And please don't forget to credit this build when it has been used as a basis for another one :-)

📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Apr 9, 2019, 11:38:46 AM
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2019, 5:32:52 AM
What potions do you use?
I'm having trouble with mana too! And I saw that you don't even use a mana potion.

Thank you, I await answers!

"
tato9184 wrote:
What potions do you use?
I'm having trouble with mana too! And I saw that you don't even use a mana potion.

Thank you, I await answers!

Hey :) I just added a flask section and a reply to your question in the last section, you shouldn't get an issue with your mana for too long.
good brother ! now it has improved a lot! I'm new to the game and so I'm kind of lost!
I started delve with this build after I say what I found!
thank you !:D
question, so my mana is at 100% reserved with hot wrath and arctic armor, so i cant use lightning stike at all, how to fix this?
"
Grammar12 wrote:
question, so my mana is at 100% reserved with hot wrath and arctic armor, so i cant use lightning stike at all, how to fix this?

You need to use enlighten at least lvl 3 to get the 92% multiplier which should free enough of your mana to attack with LS. You must link it to your auras to make it work :)

You can use the following calculator to know how much mana left you'll get once you run your auras with enlighten : https://poe.mikelat.com
Last edited by Synopsis on Oct 2, 2018, 1:38:59 PM
Hi,

I'm quite interested on this build but I wanna try doing this with Mjolner instead of the dagger, is this viable?

And I'm quite iffy in your gems for this Lightning Strike, coz I'm thinking to do Full Elemental Instead... so i dont know why are we using Damage on Full Life gem, id rather put Phys to Lightning here..

Let me know if this idea is viable.. i wanna try this but some modifications
"
Hi,

I'm quite interested on this build but I wanna try doing this with Mjolner instead of the dagger, is this viable?

And I'm quite iffy in your gems for this Lightning Strike, coz I'm thinking to do Full Elemental Instead... so i dont know why are we using Damage on Full Life gem, id rather put Phys to Lightning here..

Let me know if this idea is viable.. i wanna try this but some modifications

Hey :)

I'm not sure for Mjolner, in the first place because reaching 412 Str/300 int will certainly erode some of your dps/survivability, or making the gear very expensive. You will lose a huge amount of damages coming from the flat ele damages of the dagger. On top of that you need a high attack speed and good crit. Also I'm not sure LS is the best skill for a Mjolner build - molten strike seems more appropriate for a large amount of hits. But if you can make something work I'd be glad to know :)

Damage on full life is crucial to boost significantly your dps, and the big advantage with it is that it boosts all types of damages from your attack. You don't need a full ele conversion here because the physical damages are pretty insignificant with this tree (there's no phys boost apart from the dagger's ones) - take a look at the phys damages on the image above, you'd lose more than you'd gain with full ele convert. It might worth giving a try with a very high phys dagger (and thus absurdly expensive), but with a way different tree and I'm not sure you'd be able to reach that amount of dps.

If you can't afford a top notch high phys/lightning damage dagger it is very important to get a dagger with very high lightning damage and adding as much as possible dps with the other sources of damages, physical damages won't boost your dps significantly there if they are too low. In terms of cost/efficience a 350 full ele dps dagger will be better than a mixed 400 dps partly physical and partly elemental if the physical damages are not enough substantial, because only 50% of the physical damages will benefit from the WED gem. It would require a rather expensive dagger to see a significant difference from an elemental dagger.

Also : crit multiplier on dagger is way more important than having a little more dps.
Last edited by Synopsis on Oct 5, 2018, 6:18:29 AM
Can you make some recommendations for leveling with this build? I just got to act 2 and it is PAINFULLY slow. I just got lightning strike and it does abysmal damage as a level 15.
"
bluebman52 wrote:
Can you make some recommendations for leveling with this build? I just got to act 2 and it is PAINFULLY slow. I just got lightning strike and it does abysmal damage as a level 15.

I'd recommend to link it with attack speed ASAP, then act4 use multistrike. And if you've got some extra links put on added lightning damage, ancestral call (for AoE), weapon elemental damage, and increased critical strikes.

Damage on full life should be used mostly for single target, you can swap it with ancestral call whenever it's needed.

For the nodes try to get some attack speed as soon as possible (Berserking and dagger nodes), and invest into the crit ones a bit later.

For the weapon you can use Ungil's Gauche (lvl 20) for example, which should help for leveling.

Last edited by Synopsis on Nov 30, 2018, 5:56:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info