[3.5] HC/SC Draxcon's 82/82 8,5k HP+ Gladiator. Very tanky, good damage on budget. League starter.

Thanks for the guide, will start with this in Delve :)

What's the go for mana sustain on this build?
"
SensibleJane wrote:
What's the go for mana sustain on this build?

Get some % of physical damage leeched as mana on gear (0.4 should be enough). Also while leveleing you can spec one or two points into the mana leech cluster.
How does outmatch and outlast work? Seems like its meant for dual wielding, but I still don't know much about the game. How would it work for this build?
Hi.

I would say it counts for your main hand. Maybe off hand shield too if tempest shield counts. There is no info that this requires dual wielding ;)
Well, this is my opinion.

As Gladiator, for you are the most important passive skills Painforged, Versatile Combatant and Violent Retailation.

Then as 4th you choose between Outmatch and Outlast and Blood in the Eyes (i dont count Gratuitous Violence cause it require Blood in the Eyes first).

Blood in the eyes grant u blinding enemies, some 25% bleeding and main.

Outlast and Outmatch givve u:
25% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill with Main Hand
10% more Physical Damage while at maximum Frenzy Charges

You don't need generating frenzy charges cause of blood rage. But you get 10% phys bonus on myx frenzy charge. And node to Outlast and Outmatch give u +5% more phys dmg than node to Blood in the eyes.

So finally Outlast and Outmatch is quite better than Blood in the Eyes for this build. You don't need maining, blinding and bleeding. Straight phys DPS is better.

Going to try this build for HC, looking forward to it!

Is there a leveling tree by the way, or what do we aim for first? Haven't played a similar build, and not sure which nodes to go for first.
does this build apply ailments to benefit from the increased damage and if so, how?
Very simple but effective guide. Just a few questions since it will be the first time trying gladiator and using a shield.

1. Why not use Arctic armor with Purity of ice? instead of determination (or is it really that effective. I've never tried it before, numbers seem low).

2. What about Ichinimonji sword? too low dps?

3. (This might be noob question but...) why no counter attacks with life leech or something?
"
Ndragon88 wrote:
Very simple but effective guide. Just a few questions since it will be the first time trying gladiator and using a shield.

1. Why not use Arctic armor with Purity of ice? instead of determination (or is it really that effective. I've never tried it before, numbers seem low).

2. What about Ichinimonji sword? too low dps?

3. (This might be noob question but...) why no counter attacks with life leech or something?

1. Herald of Purity + Arctic Armour will be better that Determination now. Going to update it.

2. Ichimonji is only 219-270dps

3. We already have enough leech with blood rage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info