[3.2] BHC Dancing Duo/QOTF/CI/Occultist - lvl97 and pushing

"
Hello, I never played summoner builds this is first one I tried because I like fast builds, and
so far its amazing. Beautiful and deadly :D.

As for Dervish links I changed Ruthless support to Maim support, I noticed they kill bosses faster now.

Hello! I haven't played a proper summoner since... invasion I guess? For the same reason as you. Good call on maim! I will definitely test it out too. Ruthless adds an extra layer of defense in form of stunlock for some niche situations like allies cannot die rares or sneaky hiding totems. Haven't really played without it so I'm not sure how much it actually matters.

Cheers!
Last edited by dahack on Apr 17, 2018, 4:56:27 PM
"
Hello, I never played summoner builds this is first one I tried because I like fast builds, and
so far its amazing. Beautiful and deadly :D.

As for Dervish links I changed Ruthless support to Maim support, I noticed they kill bosses faster now.

Don't you get maim from vulnerability already?
Last edited by Meek123 on Apr 17, 2018, 5:21:32 PM
Can you desecrate the heralds in a shaper map?
"
Meek123 wrote:
Don't you get maim from vulnerability already?

Yes, but Maim support gem gives 30% more physical damage by itself at level 20, then additional physical damage taken for maimed targets. And we can maim reliably because dancing dervish is fast, also there are 2 of them.

"
Meek123 wrote:
Can you desecrate the heralds in a shaper map?

I was told you have to bring them in shaper map, then they appear in desecrate spawn table so you can raise them. You can find them in act 10 The canals next to Ravaged square waypoint.
Last edited by XeonioTheImmortal on Apr 17, 2018, 6:24:12 PM
Is doing lab hard with this build? Is it hard to get off rampage on izaro?
This build looks really fun but I have no idea what would be the optimal way to level it , normal summoner then respect at 65 or just go ham with ES from the start?
Also how many essences in average took you to get those rings?
Last edited by Tehoblivion on Apr 18, 2018, 2:41:02 AM
"
Is doing lab hard with this build? Is it hard to get off rampage on izaro?
Yeah doing lab is pretty tedious. You should bring enough writhing jars to get the initial 15 kills for rampage when fighting izaro.

"
This build looks really fun but I have no idea what would be the optimal way to level it , normal summoner then respect at 65 or just go ham with ES from the start?

You should probably level as something like life based SRS, just have a look at other summoner guides for leveling sections, they should apply pretty well here too. I linked a very bare bones leveling tree on an earlier comment here if you want to take a look. Oh and never go ham with ES while leveling. :)

"
Also how many essences in average took you to get those rings?
I used around 10 deafenings total on the rings. As soon as I hit something I could use I stopped trying to roll better ones. I might try rolling better ones during some downtime.
I tried DD before, and it was OK. Never thought about using it with QoTF, and that just makes it perfect. Ontop of Occulist's Profane Bloom, you just zoom thru everything. Overall an amazing build, and thanks for the write up!
Ive been having some fun with this build! It's pretty good, but I think I'll need to really invest in another ~50% minion speed on the amulet/jewels if I want to make that QotF really worth it. Right now I have to double back or run in circles a bit too often.

On our DD links, should we be running Brutality? It should be our highest damage link since we deal pure phys as it is. Also, do the mechanics of multistrike make DD AI act any differently? There's a few gems we could replace it with for better damage, but I don't know whether it would make the AI feel better or worse.
"
Nexi wrote:
On our DD links, should we be running Brutality?
It would be a great dmg multi, however minions inherit the profane bloom keystone, resulting in 0 damage explosions. This also means that the explosion damage is scaled by minion damage and relevant multipliers. I haven't got around to covering the mechanic in the guide yet, will write a section for it later.
"
Also, do the mechanics of multistrike make DD AI act any differently?
Nope, they don't do any "extra" attacks, only the numerical values are applied. multistrike is a really, really good support gem for DD.

Guide updated, most importantly changed ruthless to maim, I played a day with it and it's just straight up better support. Thanks XeonioTheImmortal
Last edited by dahack on Apr 19, 2018, 5:06:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info