[3.9] Discomancer - Skeleton Mages | SSF HC viable | All Content | Budget

Is this build still viable? Im basing myself on the guide made by Poe Builds, but there isnt much information about the build anywhere.
"
Giandeutch wrote:
Is this build still viable? Im basing myself on the guide made by Poe Builds, but there isnt much information about the build anywhere.

It is still very viable but you will have to give your minions a bit more survivability. Some of the Cluster Jewels should boost hard. Sadly my lootluck this league is bullshit so I can't manage to do much :/
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"
Giandeutch wrote:

Yes. The build is very viable even towards end game. I have cleared all tiers of Sirus, elder, and shaper. Currently I'm working on getting the last fragment for uber elder and also buying cortex to clear the boss there. I can also survive 4x sextant, 80% delirious maps without dying and can clear 100% delirious maps with some deaths.

My lastest and maybe final PoB is below assuming I don't mess with thread of hope for my tree:
https://pastebin.com/S6Sh6yje

Some notes here -
My ring gives me 1-2 cold damage to trigger EE on shield charge

My Shield charge also curses on hit which is why I don't run Defilers

I opted to go for lightning damage over fire damage since it scaled better

Minions are intimidated and unnerved as I shield charge into them thanks to my cluster jewel

After testing spectres, you need blood magic so that carnage/host chieftains warcry every 4-5 seconds which is in line with when we want to recreate our skeletons thanks to renewal (so they are always full life).

I socket in zombies in my helmet because I like being able to summon 10 zombies, 4 spectres, 2 golems, 1 animate guardian, and 12 skeletons. It makes me feel cool. It's probably better to not do that and use elemental army support instead.

This build is very focused on surviving because our skeletons pump out damage even with GMP.
8.45m average shaper dps with slower projectiles (adding up 3 elemental minion damages, dividing by 3, and then multiplying by 12)
4.9m average shaper dps with gmp (adding up 3 elemental minion damages, dividing by 3, and then multiplying by 12)
"
SkaiA wrote:
"
Giandeutch wrote:

Yes. The build is very viable even towards end game. I have cleared all tiers of Sirus, elder, and shaper. Currently I'm working on getting the last fragment for uber elder and also buying cortex to clear the boss there. I can also survive 4x sextant, 80% delirious maps without dying and can clear 100% delirious maps with some deaths.

My lastest and maybe final PoB is below assuming I don't mess with thread of hope for my tree:

Some notes here -

Minions are intimidated and unnerved as I shield charge into them thanks to my cluster jewel

After testing spectres, you need blood magic so that carnage/host chieftains warcry every 4-5 seconds which is in line with when we want to recreate our skeletons thanks to renewal (so they are always full life).

I socket in zombies in my helmet because I like being able to summon 10 zombies, 4 spectres, 2 golems, 1 animate guardian, and 12 skeletons. It makes me feel cool. It's probably better to not do that and use elemental army support instead.

This build is very focused on surviving because our skeletons pump out damage even with GMP.
8.45m average shaper dps with slower projectiles (adding up 3 elemental minion damages, dividing by 3, and then multiplying by 12)
4.9m average shaper dps with gmp (adding up 3 elemental minion damages, dividing by 3, and then multiplying by 12)

Really nice. You seem to deal like twice the dps i deal. I think i did this wrong. I used a staff from another charachter i had instead of wand and shield. Don't think it's the most optimal in the end.
Pob:https://pastebin.com/3xBM7Mf9

I post here but i made my own build. Used bits and pieces from various guides but i have kinda given up. Don't like gem switching builds and expecially not this league when you have to try and gem switch while you have 5 delirium instant death projectiles homing in on you and monsters on all sides.

Also my build doesn't deal good enough single target damage. Theoretical 3,9 million dps if adding up 3 elemental minion damages, dividing by 3, and then multiplying by 12. But it doesn't feel like that at all. My holy relic guardian has 3.6 million dps and kills all bosses much faster.

It's a big difference between pob dps and in game true dps by the looks of it.
Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 18, 2020, 11:47:12 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
SkaiA wrote:
"
Giandeutch wrote:

Some notes here -

Really nice. You seem to deal like twice the dps i deal. I think i did this wrong. I used a staff from another charachter i had instead of wand and shield. Don't think it's the most optimal in the end.
Pob:https://pastebin.com/3xBM7Mf9

I post here but i made my own build. Used bits and pieces from various guides but i have kinda given up. Don't like gem switching builds and expecially not this league when you have to try and gem switch while you have 5 delirium instant death projectiles homing in on you and monsters on all sides.

Also my build doesn't deal good enough single target damage. Theoretical 3,9 million dps if adding up 3 elemental minion damages, dividing by 3, and then multiplying by 12. But it doesn't feel like that at all. My holy relic guardian has 3.6 million dps and kills all bosses much faster.

It's a big difference between pob dps and in game true dps by the looks of it.

Yea, against faster bosses, like Sirus, I tend to use GMP so that my skeletons actually hit the boss. Against slower bosses like Crusaders I tend to just use slower projectiles + vaal haste. I can kill all Crusaders within a few seconds using those alone. Vaal summon skeletons tend to be overkill. I think this helps with you feeling like you don't do much damage. I usually don't switch too much unless it's against crusaders or something easy like Minotaur/Shaper/Elder. I also switch to only pierce on the last couple stages of simulacrum to help with clearing.

A couple of things I would suggest on your tree is to actually drop things that give minion accuracy. Skeleton mages will always hit and don't need accuracy. This will probably free you up for another cluster jewel setup which I think is super important for all builds this league.
Since you have blessed rebirth, I would definitely take a look at damage on full life support. As long as you remember to resummon your skeletons after 4 seconds your skeletons will always be at full life. It helps with DPS a lot. Also look into trying to get a medium jewel with master of fear. This will give you unnerved which is 10% more damage.
I think that wand and shield is definitely the most optimal this league even without using necromantic aegis. I tried using necromantic aegis but I was way too squishy to do end game delirium content which is why I switched to a super tanky shield like magna eclipsis. However, I was doing pretty well with a 2 handed staff earlier on. This actually can let you have 6 link skeletons and 6 link spectres which I think is kind of insane.
Another that really helped me a lot is when I got kingmaker for my animate guardian. It's quite pricy (60c ish) but it gives all my minions fortify and culling strike. My skele mages having culling strike is really clutch against bosses.
I would definitely also replace Kaom's heart because that does nothing but give you some health. I realized pretty early on that to make skele mages work we need as many slots as we can afford to get.

Unfortunately I spent way too many exalts on my build, so getting close to my damage and tankiness is kind of hard. I think you're doing pretty well so far though!
hey man can i help me what to do with my build!i think i doing something wrong!
https://pastebin.com/MagW71uk

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info