[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

I got not the worst stuff on standard and was pushing for more life. I am now at 6800 life but still the build feels extremely squishy.
So when do I swap off the "Leveling/League Starter" and which one do I swap to? not too sure about the differences between the normal/berserker and stuff
Australian Summoner-Main
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
I got not the worst stuff on standard and was pushing for more life. I am now at 6800 life but still the build feels extremely squishy.

From my own experiencie , i was only able to play "safely" when i got grace/vaal grace.

Another option is activating vaal pact but this would require specific items or bend your passive tree over duelist nodes.

I got both LoL.

But have you ever caught the nodes on the "far east" side: Acrobatics and Phase acrobatics?

They are essential for defense.
"
ByCrom wrote:
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:

From my own experiencie , i was only able to play "safely" when i got grace/vaal grace.

Another option is activating vaal pact but this would require specific items or bend your passive tree over duelist nodes.

I got both LoL.

But have you ever caught the nodes on the "far east" side: Acrobatics and Phase acrobatics?

Sure I got the Acrobatics nodes.
The Vaal pact hint isn't that bad. Also the grace let me think about using those:

But then I have to switch from Berserker to Slayer, hmmm, or switch Belts from HH to Soulthether. And I will lack lots of Resis :(
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
"
ByCrom wrote:
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:

I got both LoL.

Sure I got the Acrobatics nodes.
The Vaal pact hint isn't that bad. Also the grace let me think about using those:

But then I have to switch from Berserker to Slayer, hmmm, or switch Belts from HH to Soulthether. And I will lack lots of Resis :(

Yeah, i use Atziri gloves to vaal pact and slayer ascendancy. And a lot of "reduced mana reserved" corrupted jewels and some nodes to run pride + grace.

I never used defensive features in jewels or amulets
I've always tried to get them in another way, but that is still an option.
Last edited by ByCrom on Feb 11, 2020, 8:55:16 AM
"
Valkyr1018 wrote:
"
Vashseden wrote:
"
Kattpess wrote:
Hi Again :). i have been checking out diffrent Watchers stone and i noticed that

Impales you inflict last 2 additional Hits while using Pride its a insanly high
dps boost og POB.

so im wondering what would be the best to have on the eye?. and does pob shows the right number ?

cuz its beats off

to Critical Strike Multiplier while affected by Precision
increased Attack Physical Damage while using Pride

I honestly dont want to list every variant of a watcher's eye considering most people will not try and obtain one. +2 impale is the best roll. After that, use your judgement and budget to decide if you can proceed to obtain another roll but that doesn't mean the other rolls are bad.

I'm comparing the +2 imaple hits and 12% chance to deal double damage. If we can only have one mod, I think 12% chance to double damage is only a little bit worse than +2 impale. Since +2 imaple increase the maximum impale from 5 to 7, it's more like a 50% more damage to 70% more damage vs. 12% double damage which is 12% more damage. Let's say we deal 1 damage per hit and 1.5*1.12=1.68 which is only a 2% loss of damage and if you consider the price difference, I would definitely say a double damage with another precision or pride roll is better than a single +2 impale roll. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

AFAIK double damage mods do not help when using paradoxica, since it always hits for double damage. So any double damage mods you use will only work at half effect.
"
So when do I swap off the "Leveling/League Starter" and which one do I swap to? not too sure about the differences between the normal/berserker and stuff

That's really up to you and your budget.

super condensed explanation:

slayer/raider - Standard build that you start with until you get either a soul tether or offering to the serpent (the gloves being the preferred)

once you get that, switch to

Beserker/raider - add in the Beserk gem (stated in the guide) and now have a button to dramatically temporarily increase your dps on Metas/bosses/elderslayers/etc. Also the ascendancy change alone is a dps increase. You wait until you have the gloves (or budget belt) b/c they have slayer's leech built in.
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:

I saw the suggestions below (above this post)

adding in V. Grace is the easiest from the state of the build to do if you feel you need it.

The build isn't meant to facetank.

Also, the best defense is a great offense. So, I'm not sure like how much damage you are sacrificing for that 6800 hp (I don't play standard so I have zero idea about how legacy items come into play etc) but getting mechanics down and capitalizing on dps windows is a good strat. Again though, I'm just kinda guessing at this point due to standard balancing etc. If you guys find a way through the items and stuff to make it fun for you, feel free and whoop some ass.
"
Vashseden wrote:
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:

adding in V. Grace is the easiest from the state of the build to do if you feel you need it.

Also, the best defense is a great offense. So, I'm not sure like how much damage you are sacrificing for that 6800 hp (I don't play standard so I have zero idea about how legacy items come into play etc) but getting mechanics down and capitalizing on dps windows is a good strat. Again though, I'm just kinda guessing at this point due to standard balancing etc. If you guys find a way through the items and stuff to make it fun for you, feel free and whoop some ass.

I agree. This build is about "killing before got killed".

Some of my scions were running with 3500 hp - born to kill - LoL

In the early days of this build, people did not use acrobatics/phase acrobatics, vaal pact was almost mandatory, they used grace to defense, sometimes vitality, haste for attack (there was no pride, precision, etc).
To push endgame content each player had his own solution...today there are several options to keep the character balanced, just choose the playstyle that you like the most :)
Last edited by ByCrom on Feb 11, 2020, 12:49:41 PM
"
ByCrom wrote:
"
Vashseden wrote:
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:

I agree. This build is about "killing before got killed".

Some of my scions were running with 3500 hp - born to kill - LoL

In the early days of this build, people did not use acrobatics/phase acrobatics, vaal pact was almost mandatory, they used grace to defense, sometimes vitality, haste for attack (there was no pride, precision, etc).
To push endgame content each player had his own solution...today there are several options to keep the character balanced, just choose the playstyle that you like the most :)

Ah, the good ole days. When we had to walk 40 miles in the snow and get them watcher's eyes! So many people would ask me about Vaal Pact.

but yeah, I agree there's a lot of variation depending on budget/preference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info