3.2 Bestiary End Game Crit Freezing Pulse Occultist

Intro
Freezing Pulse has been my favorite skill in POE since way back in beta. This is the first time I've posted a build I've made, mostly because I didn't feel any I had made were good enough or there were already guides. Due to a lack of 3.2 Freezing Pulse guides I've decided to try to make a short quick build that I think is in a good functioning spot for end game content.

Disclaimer
I played this as my starter build in 3.2 bestiary league. This is the build in its current form. I will create a couple alternate builds that I have used and I know work and create a leveling tree later. Right now this is a low life energy shield build.

Video Links

Links to Passive Trees and Aura Setup
Spoiler
Path of Building Link
https://pastebin.com/P75UvrSj

POE Planner Link
www.poeurl.com/bSbp (sorry I don't know how to fully config poe planner so dps is off)

Official POE Site Link
www.poeurl.com/bSbq

Aura Setup
https://poe.mikelat.com/#CnRizu/y79hb._b/50H.e/tqA1Qo.Zd

Gem Links
Spoiler
6link DPS
FP > Spell Echo > Added Cold > Cold Pen > Inc Crit Strike > Inc Crit Damage

Movement
Lightning Warp > Faster Casting > Less Duration

Blood Magic Setup
Blood Magic > Discipline > Clarity - Unlinked Herald of Thunder (or Ice)

Aura Setup
Enlighten > Blasphemy > Warlords Mark > Herald of Ice (or thunder)

CWDT Setup
CWDT(lvl2) > Increased Duration(lvl19) > Immortal Call(lvl1) > Frost Bomb(lvl 11)

Flex Group
There are a lot of different options for the last 3 sockets. Haven't decided whats best.
Current Setup
CWDT(lvl15) > Ice Golem(lvl16) > Ice Nova(lvl16)

Pantheon & Bandits
Spoiler
I've been using Soul of Lunaris and Soul of Yugul since the start of the league. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Major - Soul of Lunaris
Minor - Soul of Yugul

Kill All The Bandits!

Leveling Guide (non starter build)
Spoiler
Items
This is pretty straightforward. Rings and amulet for mana regen. Use firestorm until you have 2 first snow jewels socketed.

Leveling Tree
20 pts
www.poeurl.com/bSh0

40 pts
www.poeurl.com/bSh2

60 pts
www.poeurl.com/bSh3

80 pts
www.poeurl.com/bSh4

100 pts (NO SHAVS, NO VOID BATTERY, NO ENERGY FROM WITHIN)
www.poeurl.com/bSh6

My Current Gear
Spoiler

Gear & Gearing Explanation
Spoiler
Required Items

6l Shavs. Manditory, this lets us play low life. If you are not going low life use a rare Vaal Regalia and take Chaos Inoculation Passive.

Dual Void Battery(I tried to aim for 40/20/60). Extra power charges and 50% bonus spell damage per power charge. I'm not an expert but I think this is where 90% of the damage in this build comes from.

Two perfect First Snow jewels. This is free damage and free GMP.

Perfect Energy From Within jewel. For the extra es, socket this below the melding wheel.

----------------------------------

Suggested Uniques
In retrospect this would be the first unique I would buy as a starter.

I don't really like these but the spider aura is really good.
If you can find the aura somewhere else use rare grippe gloves. There are some unique options here too, maligaro's comes to mind.
Currently exploring the idea of using avian aura instead of spider aura.

Rare Items
Get something with tri resists and high es. A hubris circlet would be better than the necromancer circlet that I have but this one is pretty good. If you get a 40% freezing pulse damage enchant you're set for life.

Crystal belts were super cheap at the start of the league, I paid 1 chaos for this the first week and never looked back. Tri resists and high es is what I like on a belt. There are other options here that I'll explore another time.

Rings were super cheap at the beginning of the league too. I have not spent a lot of currency on rings and recently it took a lot of balancing to make my resists where they are so I am OK with these as they are right now. There are other options but I usually aim for tri resists and es.

Flasks
Pretty straight forward. You'll want something to make you go zoom and you'll need something to remove bleed, ignite and freeze/chill. I like to live dangerously and forget that shock exists. Crit flask is manditory for damage and Atziri flask is nice for cheap damage.

Would love any feedback or other ideas on how to improve the build and or fun variations to the build. Thank you!

Edit1: added video links
Edit2: added requested leveling items and corrupted minotaur video
Edit3: changed "rain of fire" to firestorm in leveling section because its the correct skill gem name.
Edit4: changed belt in leveling guide
Last edited by rufiothelostkid on Apr 13, 2018, 8:49:41 PM
Last bumped on Jun 5, 2018, 6:59:19 PM
Seems cool. I love both: freezing pulse and void battery.
Do you have any video showing the build in action?
Let me see what I can put together. Any suggestions of content to run?
"
3portas wrote:
Seems cool. I love both: freezing pulse and void battery.
Do you have any video showing the build in action?

Added Atziri and T14 Acid Lakes
add please lvling items what you use for beginners
"
megadraive2 wrote:

Added =)
"
"
megadraive2 wrote:

Added =)

Thanks a lot!
"
megadraive2 wrote:
"
"
megadraive2 wrote:

Added =)

Thanks a lot!

Are you trying the build out and leveling right now? If so I'll put together a better guide.
Last edited by rufiothelostkid on Apr 11, 2018, 2:43:35 PM
Why belt of deceiver for leveling? Are you using attack skill?
"
Inferius90 wrote:
Why belt of deceiver for leveling? Are you using attack skill?

Just something I put up quick cuz I knew I had one in the stash. Its actually pretty good, you take reduced crit damage, extra life while leveling, all elemental resists, and nearby enemies are intimidated makes them take 10% more damage.

I'm sure there are other options here with ES or faster cast speed? but this is a solid belt for leveling imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info