Reave Skill + High attack speed Issue?

So I'm running a Champion Duelist lv84 at the moment.
I've been using Reave as my main attack; attack speed @ over 6.0APS w/ Accuracy @ 93%.
Currently main handing a Scaeva and off-handing a Shaper Axe as a stat stick.

Bare with me on this b/c I'm not quite sure if it's an issue or not but there are times when I will miss with my first attack/swing and if I keep holding the attack button down I will NEVER hit anything; I would expect with my accuracy that I would miss of course every now and then but this is different.
If I attack and miss then re-press the attack button it seems normal or if I miss then Leap Slam onto something then attack, no issues, it's only when my initial swing misses and I continue to hold down the button.
I thought it was lag at first b/c the game has been real "de-sinky" since the most recent update, a ton of banding/teleporting, and I assumed I was experiencing "phantom swings" if you will where the game has the enemies in a different spot than what my screen shows which would equate to me not hitting anything;
I highly doubt this phantomness is even a real thing, I don't know.

All I know is I can miss initially like I've stated and hold the attack for 15-20+secs and not hit anything, I've purposely killed myself continuously holding the button to see if I would eventually connect.
Or maybe it's an issue with the Reave skill itself, again I don't know, I've not had enough time in with Lacerate but I'm to the point with Reave where any other skill would be better, it's EXTREMELY frustrating.

*No status effects in play either; no blind and I'm not cursed.
I've got Fortitude and Herald of Ash, Curse on Hit setup with Herald of Ice and differing Marks.
No changes to what aura/buffs I have active equates to any difference in the issue and this includes multiple weapon set ups, different swords and types altogether.
...this escalated quickly.
Last edited by thMadHatter83 on Apr 5, 2018, 10:08:16 AM
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2018, 8:30:12 PM
I played reave last league and had the same issues
Maybe an issue w/ Reave's detection?
It definitely wasn't as noticeable until I hit mapping full time; I don't know if it's an issue with the amount the game has to process when running maps or what.
I did see a similar issue w/ Dual Strike, which I ran before Reave, but it seemed like it would eventually connect after 5-6-7 misses, maybe I'll just go back to it. Dual Strike's skill gem gives it a bit of splash but for clearing Reave is exponentially better.
Which while running Dual Strike I had even more attack speed than what I've got now so it may just be the Xbox's limitations?
a friend of mine plays reave this league and has this exact issue.
Been playing Reave this league since low lvl untill lvl 82. Can confirm that I had same issues as OP stated. It has to be looked into. Hella frustrating.
I tried basically every weapon type I had last night; combo'd differing stat sticks, regular and Shaper variants(I don't have anything Elder related yet) and combos where Reave attacked with both weapons - no change.
I thought it might have had something to do with high attack speed and console limitations but the lowest I could get my attack speed without regret orb'ing was in the mid 4's so my range to test was basically 4.0-9.0APS with no change at any point.
All this was done on Beach as well; just a plain white map, no sextants, nothing extra.

*I think I noticed something though:
If my Golem engaged a mob and then I went to Reave it my attack would literally hit everything around said mob THEN I might connect with the enemy we had engaged initially, I don't know, just seemed strange.
This morning I actually ran without a golem and it seemed like it lessened the issue a bit but that may just be confirmation bias on my end.
I tried different golems as well; I had been running Ice primarily but ran Fire earlier and I'm going to try the other golems this evening.
There is DEFINITELY an issue with detection whether solely on the skill itself or when paired with these golems.
Though I will say with Warchief by itself it seems to happen less when compared to only a golem or a combination of both - I haven't checked any totems other than Warchief yet*

If anyone has any other details or whatnot that may help us solve this issue please post'em up.
Maybe there's something on our end, common factors, etc, that may give insight as to the cause or help us figure this out.
Or (conspiracy theoried) Reave was ninja nerfed due to popularity/power?
Last edited by thMadHatter83 on Apr 5, 2018, 5:40:16 PM
Experiencing this same issue here with my Reave Champion as well.
Hello,

Do any of you have a video of this behaviour occurring that you could provide me?

Thank you for acknowledging this.

I can try to capture one on my Xbox this evening.
I had a good scenario last night of me swinging away for 20-25+secs and not hitting anything. The mobs continued to move/attack as normal so I don't think that qualifies as de-sync.

With the video, how do we get it to the website or get it to you guys?
Last edited by thMadHatter83 on Apr 6, 2018, 10:08:39 AM
"
thMadHatter83 wrote:
Thank you for acknowledging this.

I can try to capture one on my Xbox this evening.
I had a good scenario last night of me swinging away for 20-25+secs and not hitting anything. The mobs continued to move/attack as normal so I don't think that qualifies as de-sync.

With the video, how do we get it to the website or get it to you guys?

Once you have it captured and it says uploaded (to OneDrive, should be automatic) on your console, just go to your profile on one of these sites and paste link to that video. All clips and SS are automatically visible here.

http://xboxclips.com/

http://xboxdvr.com/

Your link should look something like: http://xboxclips.com/Corrison/e7329685-b2f2-4d01-9ab8-e869efc5a130

If you have any issues just let me know.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Apr 6, 2018, 3:39:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info