[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

I did mean increased critical strikes. Just mistyped it. The damage is as I said it was. Flasks and charges only tilt it more in favor of penetration.
https://imgur.com/a/Vy34qQH
You can see the different on ball lightning is about 22 percent.

Fire up PoB and test it yourself if you don't believe me. Just make sure the enemy type is set to guardian/shaper.
Last edited by FilthyMonkey on Jun 10, 2018, 9:22:42 PM
The shockrate of Ball lightning is enough with lightning pen. Ive played this build to 94 in beastiary and 96 in Incursion now.
What i did for mapping is using blood rage for frenzy charges (during mapping) and using power siphon for easy power charges (during mapping) and running warlords mark instead of assassins, for occasional endurance charges.

On bosses you can swap pcoc in the power siphon and use barrage. I also got me a 84 shaper belt with cdr. Still can up my attack rate a bit but for now everything is a cakewalk besides uber elder which i tried last league (and failed) and am bound to try this league again.

I also would love to drop bereks and use an essence worm with wrath and watchers eye. But for that i need to find a way to either gain life on hit with spells (shaper ring) or get a lightning leech corruption. But that's something ill have to heavily invest in. And ild like to have a Poets with pcoc corruption. So far i got one with attack speed and elemental pen. :)

Ahh and sth i really love is using vaal righteous fire for 39% more spell damage for burst phases.
Killed all guardians, red elder, shaper. Havent bothered with uber elder but Im pretty sure this build will be capable of it. Great build for clear speed and bossing.
Last edited by dylan33 on Jun 11, 2018, 2:18:32 AM
"
tom333 wrote:

I also would love to drop bereks and use an essence worm with wrath and watchers eye. But for that i need to find a way to either gain life on hit with spells (shaper ring) or get a lightning leech corruption. But that's something ill have to heavily invest in.

you really think that the 21% more damage from wrath is worth all that headache? you'll have less survivability with wrath (less mana) something that this build is a bit lacking. The damage is good enough and most things melt pretty fast, surviving is the issue.
"
Darksiders25 wrote:
"
tom333 wrote:

I also would love to drop bereks and use an essence worm with wrath and watchers eye. But for that i need to find a way to either gain life on hit with spells (shaper ring) or get a lightning leech corruption. But that's something ill have to heavily invest in.

you really think that the 21% more damage from wrath is worth all that headache? you'll have less survivability with wrath (less mana) something that this build is a bit lacking. The damage is good enough and most things melt pretty fast, surviving is the issue.

I tried it for a short period on some 90% ailment maps, it felt insane. But not having the berek/leech sucked. And im totally aware that my damage is good alrdy. I dont really feel squishy besides maybe minotaur which is weird. I didnt have that much of a problem with it in beastiary and i had only ~200ehp more there than i have now. Though thinking about it now, me not having an IC setup atm might be the issue. Im at 5150hp + 2250mana which means my mana is alrdy too high. Wrath + Watcher's eye gives another 15%pen too.

I could also drop out of the heart of thunder part and move to the life chaos res nodes and pick those up, if i really wanna go tanky. Stuff i might figure out.

"
you'll have less survivability with wrath (less mana)

You should review the Essence Worm item :).

Btw I'm playing my own variation, dropped the ligthning warp and using only one setup of Poet's pen (I need to back track every times something drop with LW so I don't need to move fast if I have to come back every 5 sec, playing a normal LW and using it only when I need it). I dropped Mastermind of discord for Paragon of calamity, using Wrath in an Essence Worm + HoT (my mana pool will be fixed with my next skill point, I'm acctually missing ~150 for a perfect balance)+ watcher's eye pen, using a shaper ring with life gain on spell hit (Barrage is now only needed when I take an heavy slam). This build allows me to do all map mod, Atziri (normal and ubber), Shapper, Elder, all breach boss, Temple boss, and I think the build is able to do Uber elder (build is able to, I'm not :)).

I need now to balance my res to get a perfect Wise Oak use, upgrade my jewel and mb at the end find a CD reduction on boots or belt to scale the attack speed a bit more :).
When reading through this I see the general consensus is that the damage more than enough for most of the content. Still, most are using Mastermind over Paragon. Won't the damage be enough still when taking Paragon? I know the lightning penetration is huge so boss fights will take longer but if you are better able to sustain these fights and not worry about reflect, ever, won't that just make life easier?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
When reading through this I see the general consensus is that the damage more than enough for most of the content. Still, most are using Mastermind over Paragon. Won't the damage be enough still when taking Paragon? I know the lightning penetration is huge so boss fights will take longer but if you are better able to sustain these fights and not worry about reflect, ever, won't that just make life easier?

The mastermind setup is just easier/cheaper to build, on my own PoB, damage are the prety the same if you have the watcher's eye and good enought jewel to balance your life / mana pool (and level).
this build can wort without inpulsa on start?
It's Arc, actualy it can works with full white item but 1 poet's pen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info