[3.2] Poet's Pen MoM - Glacial Cascade/Frostbolt - T15 Elder/Shaper/Guardians/ Fast Mapper

"
Question2 wrote:
I dont understand how this build works.

From what I can tell, you attack with frenzy which builds frenzy charges, and since its a wand attack, it automatically triggers frost bolt + glacial cascade via poet's pen.

Your 6L setup has unbound ailments in there. What for? It also has GMP. Why? Is there some benefit to having your wand hit more than one target? You have GC/FB setup for AOE as it is. GMP for culling+unbound ailments. Unbound ailments make your shock alot stronger, together with Elementalist Beacon of Ruin. Culling strike mainly for bosses, makes them die quicker.

Why do you have culling strike? The explosions from herald of ice should clear a pack of mobs anyway. Infact, you have ice bite linked to herald of ice precisely to generate frenzy charges from the herald of ice explosions right? Doesnt culling strikes prevent ice bite from gaining frenzy charges? Don't know about this one since I didnt link it that way myself, i skipped ice bite all along. But Culling is great for bosses.

Why do you have GMP in your frost bolt setup? You already have two FB thresohld jewels giving you +4 projectiles. Is that not enough for map clearing? What about using artic breath or freezing pulse instead of frost bolt? I skipped GMP since i didnt feel like it was necessary. However i ran mostly speed Minotaur maps which is a pretty narrow area. Frost bolt is great for clearing.

You have CWDT + Flame golem. Unless im missing something, the flame golem only gives you 20% increased damage and everyone has been telling me that 20% increased damage is neglible, and in my experience, minions die extremely quickly in red maps if you do not have minion boosts. Flame golem gets resummoned constantly and while mapping you kill mobs before they touch golem.

Why do you have arcane surge linked to flame dash? Wouldnt it be better to link arcane surge with frost bomb + increased duration? That way you dont need to drop frost bomb as often. During maps damage is enough without arcance surge boost. Vs bosses you use flame dash constantly to dodge stuff so arcane surgse is always up.

Im not sure how hatred is giving you a large damage boost. If i have the calculations right, a level 90 character gets an average of 120 physical damage from poets pen. Hatred gives you a +43 cold damage bonus based on your physical damage. Thats like, the same amount of damage that an abyss jewel can give you. it doesn't work like that at all. Hatred takes all the physical damage from glacial cascade and converts it to added phys. I can't explain exactly how it works but it makes a world of difference; similar to 80% increased spell damage I calculated it to.

You have no life from essence worm and very little life from Berek's grip (which is pretty pricey, roughly 2 ex last i checked). Whats your life/shields/EHP like? Bereks grip is like 30c atm, been alot cheaper too. EHP is around 6k when i ran the build.

Im guessing that since this is a DPS build, you cannot do enough per hit damage to freeze t14/t15 bosses? What are your DPS numbers like? around 700-800k shaper DPS. You don't freeze them but have to dodge and cast from afar.

Movement speed : Im guessing you speed through the map and rely on two evaison flasks to give you the extra movement speed you need? Whats your base movement speed without the flasks? Dont you ever run out of flask charges? I changed to Impulsas personally and ran a quicksilver with 25% extra move speed.

Since OP stopped answering topic I'll help out. Answers in red.
I'm currently using a variant of most of PopeJo's variant of this build, and it's utterly melting everything I've gone up against so far

good build overall, either way

also, yeah Inpulsa's feels better than QotF did, to me

the double GMP is just me being lazy and not using the 6th link is all and using it as a swap/leveling socket ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
G7Ghost wrote:
Spoiler
I'm currently using a variant of most of PopeJo's variant of this build, and it's utterly melting everything I've gone up against so far

the double GMP is just me being lazy and not using the 6th link is all and using it as a swap/leveling socket ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Spoiler

Well you can use the last socket for Cullingstrike to kill faster bosses ;)

And Thanks for this build, using also Inpulsa, seems to me much better than QotF.

Tryed a physical spell build with GC and EK but it doesnt scale well, physical spells have much better scaling with shaped %extra damage weapons but this another story.

Also good idea curse on hit with frenzy in that Inpulsa, i dont want to buy now a 6l for it but it have nice damage boost.
You can also swap one Quicksilver flask for a Rotgut Flask (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rotgut) to get Onslaught, 20% attack and cast speed is nice to have, also u have 30% speedbuff from flask if u get max roll.
Almost lvl 91 and farming t15 because i dont get map drops, works very well and is a nice alternate to a KineticBlast/Barrage build, because i dont like VD.

Also thinking to add Life on Hit gem to Frenzy when i get my 6l maybe this would be safer.
Will see how the guardians works with this build :)
Last edited by wowschik on Apr 28, 2018, 2:18:50 AM
"
wowschik wrote:
"
G7Ghost wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Well you can use the last socket for Cullingstrike to kill faster bosses ;)

And Thanks for this build, using also Inpulsa, seems to me much better than QotF.

Tryed a physical spell build with GC and EK but it doesnt scale well, physical spells have much better scaling with shaped %extra damage weapons but this another story.

Also good idea curse on hit with frenzy in that Inpulsa, i dont want to buy now a 6l for it but it have nice damage boost.
You can also swap one Quicksilver flask for a Rotgut Flask (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rotgut) to get Onslaught, 20% attack and cast speed is nice to have, also u have 30% speedbuff from flask if u get max roll.
Almost lvl 91 and farming t15 because i dont get map drops, works very well and is a nice alternate to a KineticBlast/Barrage build, because i dont like VD.

Also thinking to add Life on Hit gem to Frenzy when i get my 6l maybe this would be safer.
Will see how the guardians works with this build :)

Rotgut and onslaught puts you above 4 atk/sec which messes up how quick u throw spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info