[3.2] Poet's Pen MoM - Glacial Cascade/Frostbolt - T15 Elder/Shaper/Guardians/ Fast Mapper

Hey, what a great and funny build.
Already said that it is very blasting for mapping. A very good boss dps also.

I'm only 81, but already so fun and efficient. Farming T12 and T13 maps easily, Uberlab done at 80 without any difficulties.
Presently i'm doing a few gearing experiments
Choices have been made to try to improve defense.

I was not very found of Queen of the Forest ... I am at the moment wearing in place a 5L Restless Ward https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Restless_Ward. It provides me good amount of Energy Shield, and good evasion rating. Frenzy gems setup on it + Warlords mark curse. (Defense+ life regen with Restless Wards capacities)
Maybe a good Atziri's Splendour could be reliable ... ?

Also trying The Vertex https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Vertex in place of Mind of the Concil which is also great for Chaos resist, no mana leech from ennemies to take care of MoM, and +1 to socketed gems.
Also in order to improve mana support, i've taken Lavianga's Spirit https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lavianga%27s_Spirit.

I'm wearing Brinerot Whalers https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Brinerot_Whalers ... very good up of Frostbolt dps, unaffected to shocked grounds, more ES ...

As you said you may try, i've cut the Heart of Ice arc, and taken life nodes.
At the moment, this character reach 4200+ life with 1700 ES and a 15% physical damage reduction with the endurance charges. Still need to have a good evading technic with boss.
All resist capped at 75. Only remain Chaos resist.

I had to sacrifice Berek's Grisp unhappily to take a resists unique ring ... but life and mana regen are supplied by curse + Lavianga's Spirit.

I think i will finish my build with the Celestial Judgement Arc.
Maybe will add points in ES nodes ...

Could you tell me what you are thinking about these changes, are they efficient and good choices ?

Thanks for your build ! :)
Last edited by meuhlafin2017 on Apr 8, 2018, 2:17:18 PM
This is the link to my character : FeuerfreiRamstein for this build.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Meuhlafin/characters
I loaded your Path of Building link, and according to it using Queen of the Forest with this build lowers your movement speed since you don't have enough evasion to hit the breakpoint that puts you above the 25% Reduced Movement Speed explicit.
"
Soske wrote:
I loaded your Path of Building link, and according to it using Queen of the Forest with this build lowers your movement speed since you don't have enough evasion to hit the breakpoint that puts you above the 25% Reduced Movement Speed explicit.

Flasks put you Waaaaays above 25% reduced lol
Any Info about leveling please?
So far I've been working on a similar concept, coming out of me saying "I want to use arc and GC what do I do?" However with Inpulsa's to take further advantage of shocking. Mine is a heavy WIP, mostly just a PoB at the moment but I will be updating as I play and adjust.

I do like the idea of Pandemonius/cold centric Poet for GC over the Arc/GC I was originally planning. What are your thoughts on Freeze Pulse instead of Frostbolt?
Can you link another tree please i dont use PoB. Thanks
I dont understand how this build works.

From what I can tell, you attack with frenzy which builds frenzy charges, and since its a wand attack, it automatically triggers frost bolt + glacial cascade via poet's pen.

Your 6L setup has unbound ailments in there. What for? It also has GMP. Why? Is there some benefit to having your wand hit more than one target? You have GC/FB setup for AOE as it is.

Why do you have culling strike? The explosions from herald of ice should clear a pack of mobs anyway. Infact, you have ice bite linked to herald of ice precisely to generate frenzy charges from the herald of ice explosions right? Doesnt culling strikes prevent ice bite from gaining frenzy charges?

Why do you have GMP in your frost bolt setup? You already have two FB thresohld jewels giving you +4 projectiles. Is that not enough for map clearing? What about using artic breath or freezing pulse instead of frost bolt?

You have CWDT + Flame golem. Unless im missing something, the flame golem only gives you 20% increased damage and everyone has been telling me that 20% increased damage is neglible, and in my experience, minions die extremely quickly in red maps if you do not have minion boosts.

Why do you have arcane surge linked to flame dash? Wouldnt it be better to link arcane surge with frost bomb + increased duration? That way you dont need to drop frost bomb as often.

Im not sure how hatred is giving you a large damage boost. If i have the calculations right, a level 90 character gets an average of 120 physical damage from poets pen. Hatred gives you a +43 cold damage bonus based on your physical damage. Thats like, the same amount of damage that an abyss jewel can give you.

You have no life from essence worm and very little life from Berek's grip (which is pretty pricey, roughly 2 ex last i checked). Whats your life/shields/EHP like?

Im guessing that since this is a DPS build, you cannot do enough per hit damage to freeze t14/t15 bosses? What are your DPS numbers like?

Movement speed : Im guessing you speed through the map and rely on two evaison flasks to give you the extra movement speed you need? Whats your base movement speed without the flasks? Dont you ever run out of flask charges?
Last edited by Question2 on Apr 22, 2018, 2:11:45 PM

hey, thanks for the great build guide! Its a lot of fun. lvl 88 elementalist, currently.

I made only small changes:
I use Impulsas instead of QotF. Gives me shock immunity, increased effect of shock and increased damage. I'm not running hatred, but only Arctic armor and Herald of ice to have more mana for MoM and the defense from arctic armor. the damage is already great, so i don't miss the hatred aura for the glacial cascade damage.
Also, I use a curse on hit + Frostbite curse in my Frenzy setup. Freezes T 15 map bosses :D (highest map i got so far)

thx again. great build!

EDIT 1: small update. I dropped a wise oak -> even more cold penetration :)
EDIT 2: FYI keep your frenzy attack speed as close, but below 4 attacks per second. other wise you will loose a lot of DPS. (raises again, if you hit 8 attacks per second, but that needs heavy investment and a different tree) use path of building to figure out how far to level your faster attack gem to come as close as possible to 4 attacks per second (ideal: 3.98)

gear

Last edited by PopeJo on May 9, 2018, 5:24:25 AM
hi, would you recommend this build as a league starter for flashback? Im trying to find the most cost efficient build/ascendancy to start with and am having a difficulty figuring out which will provide bes the best damage/defense for the price.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info