[3.4] Ascendant Reave/Blade Flurry - Fast Mapping - Easy Bossing - Uber Elder viable.

"
gibtuck wrote:
"
Jd009 wrote:
"
YeahErmLuke wrote:
Currently running a champion version of this build, its great, only issue is survivability seems quite low, so I'm tempted to reroll into a scion for slayer leech.

What ascendancies would you pick if you have a Farrul's Fur? Don't think raider is worth it when you have perma frenzy charges anyway so. Thinking either Elementalist, Inquis or Jugg?

I'm running the Farrul's Fur variant of this build, and i went with slayer + elementalist. in PoB elementalist actually beat out inquisitor slightly in terms of shaper dps (mostly the 10% pen instead of 6%), and elementalist has the added benefit of providing ele reflect immunity. so together with slayer, the character is 100% reflect immune

Could I see your POB link for the Farruls version?

not at home so don't have the pob link, but the build is pretty much the same as OP's original build, and i'll list all the differences here:

- chest is farrul's fur instead of belly
- replace raider ascendancy with elementalist (along with slayer + path of duelist), since chest gives us automatic charges
- rest of passive tree is the same
- crafted aspect of the cat on offhand stat stick, with a less duration socketed. this makes the cat aspect buff cycling go much faster, giving you 100% up time on frenzy and power charges
- still use blood rage of course for the attack speed (even though we don't need it for frenzy charge generation)

for the cat aspect, you don't have to run less duration like i do if you dont want to sacrifice a gem slot. you can also have it crafted onto an item without a socket, like amulet. but in this case there will be a slight (~2s) down time with the charges, which is fine for the most part, but i just wanted to have 100% uptime

pros and cons vs OP's original build:

pros:

- elementalist gives more dps vs raider ascendancy (10% pen is very good vs end game bosses)
- the 40 int you get from elementalist is very good since this build is pretty starved of int. for me this actually saved 3 passive points which is quite a lot
- the cat aspect cycling buffs are good boosts to dps as well (100% crit chance or 10% attack speed), plus the slight survivability buff with stealth/phasing
- automatic charge generation (that is 100% up even against bosses), so no need for curse on hit with assassin's mark. you can drop it or link it to another curse
- full reflect immunity. slayer gives us phys reflect immune, elementalist gives ele reflect immune

cons:

- less hp compared to belly, and a bit harder to hit resist cap since farrul's chest has no resist
- need one open suffix to craft the aspect of the cat skill
- farrul's chest is a bit more expensive than belly
Last edited by Jd009 on Apr 16, 2018, 1:15:48 PM
"
baronzo wrote:
"
HarryBalzac wrote:
Could I get some feedback on my build? I'm only getting around half a million PoB DPS. For such a powerful mechanic, it feels... anaemic. I've cleared all the T16 guardians, and shaper, but not uber elder.

Here is my gear:
Spoiler

Here is my PoB code:
https://pastebin.com/T6Ce6zMZ

What am I doing wrong? I'm following the tree, though I haven't grabbed the Blade Master cluster.

Ignore the Headhunter, it's just something I have.

1. Those nodes in the middle of the tree are NOT doing you any favors compared to grabbing the sword wheels on the left and right. I just de-allocated all your nodes/jewels in the middle (+15 passive points) and allocated razors edge/blade master/brutal blade (total -12 passive points) and you instantly jumped up to 745k dps, plus 3 more free passives. I took out a 4% life node and added fencing (4 points) and then you're at 820k. That's just all tree, NO gear change whatsoever. Final tree here: https://pastebin.com/hNcuH8FX ---- could be optimized further but I'm just listing simple changes.

2. Your jewels are mostly awful. For example your "grim leer" jewel on the left side gives you a total of 0.6% dps (and 2.7% if you crit recently). A decent jewel should give around 8% dps. If you can't afford gg jewels just buy 10-15c jewels with 30%+ crit multi and attack speed (no life).

Fix your tree, fix your jewels and you'll be over 1m dps already. I didn't even take a look at your gear.

Good point about the jewels, they're pretty awful, I've been sitting on them for ages. I've swapped them out for better ones:

As for the nodes in the center of the tree, well, I'm reluctant to take them out. I'm using Might of the Meeks as recommended, they're worth 60 crit multi and almost an entire scion life wheel worth of life.

Also, I was playing around with the options, and I only just noticed that I didn't have "Are you always on Full Life" option ticked. That could explain my mediocre PoB showing. I'll still want to upgrade weapons and jewelry as well.
"
HarryBalzac wrote:
"
baronzo wrote:
"
HarryBalzac wrote:
Could I get some feedback on my build? I'm only getting around half a million PoB DPS. For such a powerful mechanic, it feels... anaemic. I've cleared all the T16 guardians, and shaper, but not uber elder.

Here is my gear:
Spoiler

Here is my PoB code:
https://pastebin.com/T6Ce6zMZ

What am I doing wrong? I'm following the tree, though I haven't grabbed the Blade Master cluster.

Ignore the Headhunter, it's just something I have.

1. Those nodes in the middle of the tree are NOT doing you any favors compared to grabbing the sword wheels on the left and right. I just de-allocated all your nodes/jewels in the middle (+15 passive points) and allocated razors edge/blade master/brutal blade (total -12 passive points) and you instantly jumped up to 745k dps, plus 3 more free passives. I took out a 4% life node and added fencing (4 points) and then you're at 820k. That's just all tree, NO gear change whatsoever. Final tree here: https://pastebin.com/hNcuH8FX ---- could be optimized further but I'm just listing simple changes.

2. Your jewels are mostly awful. For example your "grim leer" jewel on the left side gives you a total of 0.6% dps (and 2.7% if you crit recently). A decent jewel should give around 8% dps. If you can't afford gg jewels just buy 10-15c jewels with 30%+ crit multi and attack speed (no life).

Fix your tree, fix your jewels and you'll be over 1m dps already. I didn't even take a look at your gear.

Good point about the jewels, they're pretty awful, I've been sitting on them for ages. I've swapped them out for better ones:

As for the nodes in the center of the tree, well, I'm reluctant to take them out. I'm using Might of the Meeks as recommended, they're worth 60 crit multi and almost an entire scion life wheel worth of life.

Also, I was playing around with the options, and I only just noticed that I didn't have "Are you always on Full Life" option ticked. That could explain my mediocre PoB showing. I'll still want to upgrade weapons and jewelry as well.

True, you do get a ton of life from the scion jewels, and your damage is probably more than enough by now. And yeah the full life box is a big one haha. You should be easily facerolling uber elder now.
"

How many Alts did it take you to hit the % Inc Phys roll? About ~550 in and haven't seen it yet.

I think I bought it for like 5c and split it at the menagerie. But I recall a reddit post in which a player made a spreadsheet displaying the results of 1200 alteration orbs spammed on a foil. T1 never happened and T2 happened once. I think I have a T2 sitting in my bank collecting dust if anyone needs it. Though it does have some extraneous mods, it might be workable after proper beastcrafting... if you're lucky enough to get only 1 bad mod coupled with the merciless. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though. It might not even be worth the 2 ex to multimod.
Last edited by 1nsolus on Apr 17, 2018, 3:20:23 PM
So Im looking for some fun and strong build as my LAST bestiary build (started with Jugg lab farmer lvl 90, then switched to GC mines lvl 91 and tried summoner and pathfinde VD but did not get past lvl 70) and I just found this thread and scion really got me hooked due mixed ascendancies.

I wonder now how far I can get with around 12 exalts budget (with maybe 15 if I sell some stuff)? Its better try to craft jeweled foil or just better buy something for around 2-3 ex?

I must say I was lucky on my miner with craft, made this with around 500-600 alts and around 20 regals/scours.

Not sure if I did not used all my luck in this league.

Also on the stat stick the most important mods are the two Gain XX phys damage as fire/light? For what stats I should aim also?
Last edited by Asag on Apr 17, 2018, 4:40:08 PM
"
Asag wrote:
Also on the stat stick the most important mods are the two Gain XX phys damage as fire/light? For what stats I should aim also?

dont forget "gain % elemental damage as extra chaos", which is also insane

besides those, there is the "gain % physical as extra random element". then penetration or crit multi

so in terms of priority, 40/40/20/30 (double 40 phys as extra ele, 20 ele as extra chaos, 30 phys as extra random ele) + 10 pen + crit multi, would be the perfect stat stick. implicit could either be 6% pen or 40% ele, the difference there is not significant
Last edited by Jd009 on Apr 17, 2018, 4:15:27 PM
Can I get some help on where to go with my gear? I know my gems are underleveled, but my dps seems very subpar for the amount of currency invested.

Spoiler
"
Jd009 wrote:
"
Jd009 wrote:
"
YeahErmLuke wrote:
Currently running a champion version of this build, its great, only issue is survivability seems quite low, so I'm tempted to reroll into a scion for slayer leech.

What ascendancies would you pick if you have a Farrul's Fur? Don't think raider is worth it when you have perma frenzy charges anyway so. Thinking either Elementalist, Inquis or Jugg?

I'm running the Farrul's Fur variant of this build, and i went with slayer + elementalist. in PoB elementalist actually beat out inquisitor slightly in terms of shaper dps (mostly the 10% pen instead of 6%), and elementalist has the added benefit of providing ele reflect immunity. so together with slayer, the character is 100% reflect immune

not at home so don't have the pob link, but the build is pretty much the same as OP's original build, and i'll list all the differences here:

- chest is farrul's fur instead of belly
- replace raider ascendancy with elementalist (along with slayer + path of duelist), since chest gives us automatic charges
- rest of passive tree is the same
- crafted aspect of the cat on offhand stat stick, with a less duration socketed. this makes the cat aspect buff cycling go much faster, giving you 100% up time on frenzy and power charges
- still use blood rage of course for the attack speed (even though we don't need it for frenzy charge generation)

for the cat aspect, you don't have to run less duration like i do if you dont want to sacrifice a gem slot. you can also have it crafted onto an item without a socket, like amulet. but in this case there will be a slight (~2s) down time with the charges, which is fine for the most part, but i just wanted to have 100% uptime

pros and cons vs OP's original build:

pros:

- elementalist gives more dps vs raider ascendancy (10% pen is very good vs end game bosses)
- the 40 int you get from elementalist is very good since this build is pretty starved of int. for me this actually saved 3 passive points which is quite a lot
- the cat aspect cycling buffs are good boosts to dps as well (100% crit chance or 10% attack speed), plus the slight survivability buff with stealth/phasing
- automatic charge generation (that is 100% up even against bosses), so no need for curse on hit with assassin's mark. you can drop it or link it to another curse
- full reflect immunity. slayer gives us phys reflect immune, elementalist gives ele reflect immune

cons:

- less hp compared to belly, and a bit harder to hit resist cap since farrul's chest has no resist
- need one open suffix to craft the aspect of the cat skill
- farrul's chest is a bit more expensive than belly

Im running the Farruls version aswell. I ll pick slayer jugg for the QoL stun immunity and EC generation. Damage wise we re doin enough damage, so i picked the lazy jugg version.
I think, Elementalist or pathfinder are more damage here.
"
Can I get some help on where to go with my gear? I know my gems are underleveled, but my dps seems very subpar for the amount of currency invested.

Spoiler

That looks pretty damn good man, what are you not satisfied about? If it's just reave being slow on bosses you can do a 1 gem swap (conc for inc area) to speed it up.
Does a 6 link have more importance over a good weapon? Trying to decide how I should spend currency next.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info