Make a simple PvP Town map

"
biyte wrote:

Ah, good catch; I missed it when they patched it out; I just recall it working at first.

The fact that GGG did disable it for PvP does show some good signs, recognizing that perhaps Ascendancy powers aren't quite suited for it. I do hope they'll go the rest of the way and either outright disable them, or at least remove a lot for PvP purposes.

I mean, it does draw back to what I saw was a fundamental balance issue of letting players of differing levels compete, since not everyone likes the level 28 point. I'd contemplated the prospect of capping players, (e.g, you could use a level 100 but they'd be scaled down to, say, level 80) but the way the skilldrassil works makes that kinda hard to handle. However, ascendancy passives are entirely separate, so they could easily just be disabled for that purpose.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Inevitable Judgment was fixed, yea. Same with Clever Construction: only 2.5 seconds before a trap can be damaged, rather than 5.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
biyte wrote:

Ah, good catch; I missed it when they patched it out; I just recall it working at first.

The fact that GGG did disable it for PvP does show some good signs, recognizing that perhaps Ascendancy powers aren't quite suited for it. I do hope they'll go the rest of the way and either outright disable them, or at least remove a lot for PvP purposes.

I mean, it does draw back to what I saw was a fundamental balance issue of letting players of differing levels compete, since not everyone likes the level 28 point. I'd contemplated the prospect of capping players, (e.g, you could use a level 100 but they'd be scaled down to, say, level 80) but the way the skilldrassil works makes that kinda hard to handle. However, ascendancy passives are entirely separate, so they could easily just be disabled for that purpose.

Yeah, the best would be to get specifically PvP balanced Ascendancies nodes that would allow more build diversity within the PvP area. For the level difference I'm not too much for a rectriction applied to everyone, after all people should be rewarded to play more the game by being able to reach the highest levels. For the low level duels there could be one or two other instances of the PvP Town with a maximum level restriction (randomly saying 28 / 60 / No restrictions).
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Apr 30, 2018, 7:44:47 AM
Just make the hill a safe spot and that is where you spawn on death, so you have the ability to cast buffs etc, then you step off the platform and your good to go. Get rid of the mini map in its entirety for the area. No Overlay no names, Los only.
This game has PvP???
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
This game has PvP???

This game have no PVE either, can t see the AI alive for more than 0.005sec.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Expert PVPer here.

We have Sarn Arena. All we need is damage nerfs, unkillable characters impossible to make, reduce AOE overlap/shotgunning, and bam. Fixed PVP. Sarn Arena will be fun again. PVP community will do its own tournaments without having to blacklist 90% of the content added since 2.0.

Also any expansion that further dedicates itself to PVP will need to focus on HLD, not LLD (eff Greendude).

inb4 casuals saying "there's PVP in this game?" and the like.

As someone way more experienced with PvP than me, do you think PvP could be made balanced (or at least to within reasonable limits) by just numerical adjustments? Or do some skills/items require fundamental mechanical changes to be balanced for PvP?

I would love to see a balanced pvp, but if you think about how many combinations of skills + links there are it's a nightmare to try and balance. Plus there are MTX's which may or may not interfere with visuals of pvp. I think the only way pvp could be balanced would be for a pvp specific league, similar to WoW system where you gain pvp points and can buy set gear and gems that are balanced specifically for PVP within that league. All MTX disabled for skills, only certain flasks available, etc. It is honestly super do able but would require slower gameplay and major tuning experiments. I'll be a beta tester pls ggg
That would be nice indeed but it would probably require too much ressources that GGG prefers to spend elsewhere especially when the game has been out for almost 6 years. That is why we need an open, as unrestricted as possible PvP which would add a whole section of new things to do in PoE that is in dire need of it instead of just having mapping as the sole true end game content.
Last edited by Synopsis on Oct 3, 2018, 8:11:26 AM
Bump
Bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info