Remove the lab, it is what made me quit Abyss and now I am torturing myself

Just remove it, it is the absolute worst content ever created for PoE, it is so unbelievably shit. If you die you wasted 100% of your time wihtout any progress.
If you DC you wasted 100% of your time without any progress. Izaros hitboxes are terrible. And sometimes I cant even see what kills me.
It is impossible to put into words how much I hate the lab. But I have to do it, or I can basically stop playing because I most likely wont progress any farthar than yellow maps.

And on a side note. The Kitava fight is easliy the most shitty designed fight. Not even Malachai is that bad. Small arena, all dark/red. Boss is dark/red and his attacks are gigantic and dark/red

thanks for reading my blog
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2018, 4:42:41 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If you die in the lab (you mention izato hitboxes) you should not be even able to reach yellow maps. Make your character stronger so you wont die as much. Dps is not the only important metric.

it's a little exciting trip into hardcore gameplay.

hardly any other part of the game gets my pulse up like lab with an undergeared char.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
You did not 100% waste your time when you die. You (hopefully) learned how the trap / monster works and can survive much better next time.
Raging can diminish this profit, so try to think calmly about why you died, to improve.
Whether you love or hate Labyrinth, those rewards should always be enticing enough to run it at least 3 times per character (4 times if you map with that character and have access to Uber lab). You might never return to Labyrinth once you get your ascendancy points but until you did there is absolute reason to go there.

I hate doing initial trials on first character in a league more than running actual Labyrinth and I also hate that Uber trials are heavily gated behind RNG. GGG has changed early Labyrinths to be shorter and more forgiving to new and under-geared players.

I can sympathize with people who have unstable internet with frequent disconnects. Content with rogue-lite features such as one attempt only can be frustrating when your connection is bad.
get good.
No rest for the wicked
Don't remove lab. It is the absolute best content ever created for PoE, it is so unbelievably good.

And seriously, I personaly have fun running full lab runs with tanky chars, it feels so much better than map runs for me. I wish there was some separate kind of maps with higher than 75 lvl mobs but in the form of Uber Lab and the of same length.

Or just the next tier lab, 80 lvl mobs buffed Izaro and Argus, moar loot and shit. Would be cool.

So no, don't remove lab, not like anyone was going to do this.
"
Baron01 wrote:
Whether you love or hate Labyrinth, those rewards should always be enticing enough to run it at least 3 times per character (4 times if you map with that character and have access to Uber lab). You might never return to Labyrinth once you get your ascendancy points but until you did there is absolute reason to go there.

I hate doing initial trials on first character in a league more than running actual Labyrinth and I also hate that Uber trials are heavily gated behind RNG. GGG has changed early Labyrinths to be shorter and more forgiving to new and under-geared players.

I can sympathize with people who have unstable internet with frequent disconnects. Content with rogue-lite features such as one attempt only can be frustrating when your connection is bad.

ofc it sucks when you dont have a good connection,but all online games clearly list a fully functional internet connection as a game requirement .
sometimes you cant do anything to improve your connection,but that is simply like running the newest game on a 10 year old laptop.
you might be able to strat the game,but i doubt it would be enjoyable.
I can empathize with anyone who dislike the lab, because it's so much unlike any of the other content in PoE, but personally, I really like it. I'll be the first to admit I downright suck at it, but that sense of pressure, the thrill, knowing that a single mistake can screw up the entire run and I'll have to start all over again... I like it! When I completed the uber lab it felt absolutely awesome. It's a sense of pride and accomplishment I haven't felt since the last time I opened an EA lootbox. :D
Lab sucks, Just because those of us who have been playing for years have memorized the fight, the penalty tax to learn it makes most new players emo spiral and quit.

Plus this league isn't much different than standard since the new content is meh so there is less motivation to do it.

Last edited by Zalhan2 on Mar 23, 2018, 9:59:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info