Summon Phantasm on Kill Support

I would like to make the case that this gem should be a trigger-only skill gem. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this skill should be able to be a 6-link skill; However, The way this gem works makes it seem as if it should be a trigger-only skill gem. Linked support gems affect the phantasm support, even if they do not support the main skill. It can alter the support gems the skill gem accepts. I feel like a lot of these problems can be largely done away with by turning it into a skill gem, without implementing how it functions ingame at all.

Here are a couple of things that could be fixed by implemententing it like this:

-gives access to the UI for skill gems. As of right now there are a bunch of UI tools for skill-support interactions that phantasms completely misses out on. Mousing over support gems in inventory to see which skill gems apply, mousing over socketed gems too see the interactions highlighted, seeing the skills in your toolbar with the appropriate support gems highlighted. All of these are completely missing for phantasms, leaving you to go off your instinct.

-Allows phantasms to work on a cooldown. As of right now the skill does not have a cooldown. If you link this to vaal summon skeletons, it is not uncommon to have ~100 hits per second against a boss. This spawns on average 10 phantasms per second, giving each phantasm 1 second of life before it is replaced. This can also be done by giving it a toggle on/off skill like an aura or herald.

-gives summon phantasm access to unnatural strength. It is literally the only minion ally from gems which does not benefit from this ascendancy node. I don't know if this is intended, but it seems like a big oversight.

-Doesn't cause the linked skill to gain new tags. This is a minor nitpick for me, but it does simplify the game slightly for new players.

The idea of a support gem minion is pretty great, but I do feel like the implementation is kind of lacking. By making this change, there is a whole lot of QOL improvement. You can even implement this by adding just a couple of lines:

"50% chance to trigger this spell when linked skill deals a killing blow"
"10% change to trigger this spell when linked skill hits a rare or unique enemy"
"you cannot use this spell directly"

Please GGG, I really like this skill and I think it deserves some love.
"
Doesnt work with minions instability?
why is that?

the minion blowing off doesnt count as the character kill
and should count as the skeleton kill

This still hasn't been fixed. Or is there any explanation to why it's not working?
Just a shot in the dark here, might be something to do with secondary damage. I know some on kill effects (like quecholli/similar corpse explosions) historically didn't work with secondary damage (which MI explosions are I believe) but haven't checked recently. Not sure if explosive arrow is still secondary damage but that's an easy method to check if it is.
"
Krehlmar wrote:
"
Krehlmar wrote:
Is there still not any information on their damage?

Why?

requote
Did this support gem ever get an updated feature that Herald of Purity already has?

I'm talking about the feature where Herald of Purity minions get refreshed, instead of resummoned. Seems like such an easy fix that, along with a few dmg tweaks, could make this a totally viable and enjoyable addition to a summoner's toolkit.

That, and perhaps a top-tier spectre that scales the same way as the phantasms do.
Life is soup, I am fork.
The "Unnatural Strength" ascendancy from Necromancer class does not affect Summon Phantasm on kill support. As this is a support it does make sense, but this also creates minions. Is it not supposed to be affected by the passive in case someone wants to make a build with this skill? Please consider this, thank you in advance.

P.S. My build is Necro on srs/phantasm/zombies, currently lv 55.
Can we get some confirmation on Spell Echo? Googling around it's yes, no, maybe, gets the cast speed but not double spell.... please GGG clarify for us <3
IGN: AuraMeThis
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Consuming Dark/Bino's ED/Contagion
"
amenslemirii wrote:
The "Unnatural Strength" ascendancy from Necromancer class does not affect Summon Phantasm on kill support. As this is a support it does make sense, but this also creates minions. Is it not supposed to be affected by the passive in case someone wants to make a build with this skill? Please consider this, thank you in advance.

P.S. My build is Necro on srs/phantasm/zombies, currently lv 55.

This^
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Apparently Path of Building gives Summon Phantasm Support Gem the levels for damage, hp, life regen, etc for application, but doesn't actually state it gains the levels
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
"
armyguyclaude wrote:
Apparently Path of Building gives Summon Phantasm Support Gem the levels for damage, hp, life regen, etc for application, but doesn't actually state it gains the levels

PoB is wrong. It uses the level of the active skillgem you've linked the phantasm support to for determining phantasm stats, instead of the level of the support. This is not how the Summon Phantasm on Kill support actually works.
Life is soup, I am fork.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info