3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

do we still use the same spectres? the gorillas? 1 host chief and 2 carnage chief?
"
do we still use the same spectres? the gorillas? 1 host chief and 2 carnage chief?

Yes. Although the host chieftans got a small nerf.
I actually prefer extra defences, so suggest you can give up the spectre nodes and take the new +1 max resist node or the 20% less effect of curses node.
looking forward to seeing how much of a buff this build will get for the league
So far, it seems like we get huge buffs here.
- The new golem will scale with all our skellies and zombies, plus increase their damage as well.
- The aggressive stance will allow the move speed on zombies to be even more useful
- The defensive stance will be a nice option to swap in if minions are dying to some boss
- We only need bone sculptor ascendency to remain unchanged and the rework won't hurt our core synergy.

That being said, I'll probably skip this build again, in favour of testing some off meta stuff:

I'm curious to see if the necro changes spill onto the scion necro ascendency. I spent last league testing this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583410

which also looks like it will get a huge buff with the minion block jewel.
It's also a much cheaper league starter, as it needs zero six links, and will get you to red maps without dying easily.

I'm also predicting necro gear to be insanely expensive, so I might revive the Jugg life regen baron version and see if it is cheaper, or if it can get the bit more damage it needs to shine:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2332595

If these towers need your attention to manage them, then these tanky builds will be a lot more satisfying to play compared with legion, which rewarded damage far more than defences.
Are you considering updating this build for 3.8, or are there too many changes to the point where it's easier to just make a new build? The skeletons seem to be getting a lot of changes, although it almost seems like they are buffing the mage ones more than physical with the removal of 100% accuracy, movespeed, + 15 mage skeletons from one jewel
"

Are you considering updating this build for 3.8, or are there too many changes to the point where it's easier to just make a new build? The skeletons seem to be getting a lot of changes, although it almost seems like they are buffing the mage ones more than physical with the removal of 100% accuracy, movespeed, + 15 mage skeletons from one jewel

I'll definitely update the thread as users find new combinations and suggestions (I won't be testing it much myself). I very much expect this build will remain OP, as the core synergies: strength, physical minion damage, minion and personal movespeed, little micromanaging, good allround defences, not too expensive, smooth tree progression, easily capped resists will all remain in place and will only be improved by the new ascendencies, item buffs, gems.

What will change is the amount of choices available, so if you find one you like, share it and I'll add it to the guide!
I've updated the guide for 3.8.

I still haven't put the new gem options in, as path of building is not updated yet. Regardless, the build still kicks butt.
what are the Ascendencies, it is not in the guide
"

what are the Ascendencies, it is not in the guide

Here's my choices:

1 - Commander of Darkness - for nice early resists
2 - mindless aggression - more minion speed!
3 - unnatural strength - more minion damage and life
4 - Bone barrier - sweet defences for you and minions

The order is flexible, but it would be hard to use any other ascendencies for this build.
Killed Uber elder on second try for the first time using this build.
Laggy fight though due to blight crappiness but got it done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info