3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

"
NSUCK wrote:
"
Malrockk wrote:
"
NSUCK wrote:
I was thinking about this build and the minion damage +1 level of socketed gems staff (see below). Now with the new crafting system BIS would be those 2 mods and a crafted +2 level of support gems. Granting empower up to level 7. Too bad my staff doesn't have an open prefix :( id have to get a lucky annul to get rid of the increased phys damage.

I had played this build a few leagues back and was just thinking about some of the crazy crafted mods now and how it would work for this build. I'm considering trying with a nice 2h shaped mace to go for +1 gems, +130% minion damage and supported by level 20 maim. It wouldn't be expensive to spam bound fossils but I don't know how many tries it will take.

A quick POB calculation with only partial gear showed 250k dps per skeleton and 25k zombie life.

After seeing some other minion builds, I now think its best with a bow. +1 gems, multimod +2 gems, + whatever else (I think minion attack speed, minion life, minion damage?) then that gives you the ability to also have a quiver for stats. The maim is interesting too, it might take awhile to get minion damage, +1, and maim using fossils though.

Yeah, especially the +1 gem level since there's no increased chance to get it. One strategy that may work would be to do Serrated(20% more dmg with socketed attacks) and Bound and go for 2 out of 3 of +gem/20% more dmg/130% minion dmg. I also thought of the bow idea but it doesn't have any extra skill gem mods like maim.
Gots to get one of these: :

this still has an open affix too and has a chunky amount of options
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 13, 2019, 2:34:18 PM
Any decent corrupted Baron helm options?
"
Any decent corrupted Baron helm options?

There is a life regen corruption that is ok. But it's definitely not worth even attempting. Getting a good lab enchant is a better way to spend your time.
Do you have an update tree somewhere?
I stared playing again few weeks ago, i'm mainly playing the Necromancer that I used as a league starter in incursion.
I'm Lv94 now, my build is based on this phys Skeleton build, but I made many changes to it. It turned out pretty good, so i though i'd share it here.

Offensive Stats
Shaper DPS per Shelton : 196K.
Shaper DPS with all Skeletons : 2.35M
Shaper DPS per Zombie: 36K
Shaper DPS with all Zombies: 360K

Defensive Stats
HP: ~6500
ES : ~500
MoM mana: ~1000
Fortify

Here's a List of things i did different from this build guide :

1) MoM instead of purity of elements, Rare Helmet instead of the Baron :
i was using purity of elements until i realized that my minions have capped resistances without it (exactly 75% : 40% base resistance, +15% from Tree +20% from Ascendancy).
all i needed was some more resists on my gear witch was pretty easy to get since i'm not using the Baron. (I personally didn't like strength stacking)
Without purity of elements I was able to get MoM, I have ~1,1K unreserved mana, not enough to fully benefit from MoM, but should still be worth the 4 Skill points.
I also had to replace one of my 2 defensive flasks with a mana flask (Lavianga's Spirit), didn't have any mana problems after that.

2)Femurs of the Saints instead of Queen's Escape:
Femurs offers a nice defensive and offensive boost to minions, and 18% chance to block.
To make up for the lost move speed that Queen's could provide, i'm using flesh offering, 2 jewels with minion move speed, and a 10% move speed from Skill Tree.

3) unique belt : Darkness Enthroned for more jewel sockets.

4) Gems:
Fortify : Vigilent Strike + The Vigil Jewel gives around 35 secs Fortify that also applies to minions. For me that's defensively worth the 3 skill points.

Clarity : this is needed to activate Commander of Darkness. I have it at Lv5 with 20% qual for a better Radius.

Empower : for hard bosses, i swap Melee Splash with Empower for skeltons. At Lv3 it gives less DPS then Multistrike, but makes up for it with more Skeleton HP. At Lv4, Empower is better than Multistrike, it gives almost the same DPS(+33% compared to 35% from MS) and adds 33% more HP for skeletons.

Chaos Golem : Might decide to replace it with a 6th link for Zombies.

Phase Run : no gem slots left for phase run, i put Flesh offering in its place to benefit from inc duration.

5) Skill Tree :
after i picked the key elements of the Tree, i had to choose between more life nodes (near the Duelist and Marauder) or more minion nodes (Rigiuos Army and Redemption near the Templar, and Grave intensions near the Witch).
i decided to get the minion nodes since i already have ~6.5K HP, MoM, and Fortify.

My Current Tree (Lv94)
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.5.4/AAAABAMDAQQHBLMI9A3iES0UIBUnFm8YPBhWGjgabBzcIuIi9CSqJbInLyj6Kk0qmCycMtE1kjbpOQs6WDrGOuE_J0GHRUdFnUeFR-JIjklPSp9KyEyzTblN41BHU1JVxlnzWpFfP2D4YoZi9GZUZp5ncWpDaqxr22wLbRluqm87cbJyD3gNeWh7w3yDgseD24UyhWCIQIqvjLGPGpARkDOQVZRvly2a4J69oOaiAKQ5plemrKh9qW6qqarErJi18rc-uJO8qrzqvSe_l8AawGbBBMk9zLzQH9OP0_vYvd-K42rpAuvu7IPsiu8O7-vwH_Ie8kX2SPfX-ej60v4K_o8=?accountName=TN_Sylar&characterName=TN_ESTER

Gear

PoB
https://pastebin.com/M5PG4mcw
"
It turned out pretty good, so i though i'd share it here.

Thanks for sharing, if you have a pob link i'll add it to the guide.

"
grimlock9999 wrote:
"
It turned out pretty good, so i though i'd share it here.

Thanks for sharing, if you have a pob link i'll add it to the guide.

I did include a pob link in my post.
here it is : https://pastebin.com/M5PG4mcw
From patch notes:
"
Spectred Blood Chieftains now have a cooldown on their power charge-generating roar.

RIP.
"
Kingmaker now has "nearby allies have +50% critical strike multiplier", "nearby allies have fortify" and 250-285% increased physical damage. Existing versions are not affected.

Hmm. Perhaps this would be competitive with Dying Breath for the Animated Guardian?
"
Hmm. Perhaps this would be competitive with Dying Breath for the Animated Guardian?

definitely. it's an easy 7th link, as fortify gives a bit of damage, and is good for minion survivability. It'll also keep us alive if anyone uses a melee movement skill

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info