3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

This build is exactly what I was looking for.

Love the ammount of life regen, means easy to farm uber lab. :)

Is there anything that this build cant do and how does it perform on T15 & 16 maps?
"
This build is exactly what I was looking for.

Love the ammount of life regen, means easy to farm uber lab. :)

Is there anything that this build cant do and how does it perform on T15 & 16 maps?

Yeah uber lab should be super easy to farm fast. Maps should be 90% easy right up until guardians. I found minotaur difficult, and the others only moderately hard because I am unfamiliar with them. I ran most red maps without the health bar even dropping too much, but then got the rippy mods or the unfamiliar boss that oneshots me or goes close. This was made more likely by my playstyle which is to almost never take my finger off the run forwards button.

I think a good summary is:
: fast clearspeeds (facetanking) are mostly fine, but still the chance of being oneshot.
: Slow clearspeeds (playing a bit safer) can do all content deathless as long as you kite moderately well.
: For the most part, there is no difference between a T10 map and a T15 map - just lay down the skellies and collect the loot. A tier 15 boss with increased life should still only take extra seconds to kill if your minions stay active. If they die, you will need to kite and resummon a few times.

Hard fights are:
- Acid Lakes Boss (screen wide AOE physical projectiles melt your minions)
- Minotaur (Phase run does not work well vs those shocking slowing beams, and the physical aoe boulders can oneshot you)
- Shaper and elder. If you are new like me, it can be hard to dodge everything (took me a while to figure out that you have to stand in Zana's shield, but I still killed him by running around like a maniac)
- Random combinations eg. twinned bosses with curses, huge aoe spells, crit and ele damage multipliers
- Ele weakness and ele equilibrium plus listening to tunes mean that those fireball bloodline monsters have killed me a few times. But it seems to be just me who thinks that the sound warning sounds exactly like a divination card dropping, so I stand there like an idiot looking for it and get blown up.

Annoying mods are:
- no regen means you'll have to press mana and life potions occasionally, where they otherwise rarely get used
- Physical reflect mods mean your zombies die and you need to resummon skellies more often
- Temporal chains cos it's just annoying to go slow.
"I'm not sure why pure physical minions aren't meta right now"

Considering this felt like the strongest build I've ever played, I'd have to agree.

Never has it felt so easy to cap resists and build a strong HP pool while simultaneously 1-shotting most bosses. I have a strong feeling I'll be returning to it this league.
Wow...ty for the detailed answere grimlock9999.

Rly nice guide, prefere it even more than Ghazzys guide. :)

Cant wait to read about improvements to this build (Vaal Skeletons OP, new unique BIS, new Support Gem OP with skeletons, etc...)

Keep up that great work and hopefully we'll see more guides written by you. :)

PS: If I may have a suggestion to the guide....would be rly nice if you could link the items itself in the item section with the gems in the sockets.

After a wall of text its always nice to see some self explained pictures of the gear & the gem links in the middle of the guide. :P

Last edited by CroDanZ on Jun 1, 2018, 12:49:41 PM
Hi, as a noob i need some clarification on gem links in boots, gloves and helmet, is it all linked?
"
GratakPl wrote:
Hi, as a noob i need some clarification on gem links in boots, gloves and helmet, is it all linked?

Yes

You can see his equip here (Character: Bones_Jones)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/grimlock9999/characters
Thank you very much!
There is 1 problem that i can find in the build here. The VD jewel above Lord of the dead only gets 30 INT, the +10 below Cruel Preparation is not reached. So you need to take a 10 int node above the jewel for it to work.
Leveling this now in incursion. I do like leveling with skeletons rather than srs, especially if you grab a vaal skeles you just delete bosses.
"
Zwollen wrote:
There is 1 problem that i can find in the build here. The VD jewel above Lord of the dead only gets 30 INT, the +10 below Cruel Preparation is not reached. So you need to take a 10 int node above the jewel for it to work.

You dont need the nodes to be allocated for Violent Dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info