The Kraken Shield

Fuck wings. Claws FTW!
I just want to vent a little something out of my system.

Path of Exile is a great game, no doubt about that.

But in the future for this industry and medium, we as gamers really should encourage developers to stop these F2P models or at least keep improving them. And we're still not there.

At the end of the day, I'm not just "supporting" GGG if I make purchases. I expected to get the equivalent of a full game after I paid more or less the equivalent amount (60-80 USD). Instead all my characters in POE look like peasants wearing level 1 armor. I found Belly of the Beast and some other uniques but no matter if items have unique 3d models, you can quite clearly tell that the art direction is: "don't make it too cool looking because that is for the store".

So we still end up losing. The argument "it's just cosmetics" doesn't hold up. It's bad for games.

Still isn't there a middle road that can be found? I don't want to see like a currency conversion the likes of Guild Wars 2. But itsn't it possible to GIVE something to people now and then, that they can buy at least a FEW skins? Keep some skins exclusive to the store, I don't know. I'm sure you can think of something.

/rant off
"
PsOfOs wrote:
Wtf has kraken got to do with crabs?

Krakens are crabs.
Seriously, another MTX release? By now i'm like 90% sure you're trying to divert our attention from the main issue at hand.
"
Beglets wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
Wtf has kraken got to do with crabs?

Krakens are crabs.

In which language?
Originally, Kraken (Norse, for "Crab-Fish") were depicted as massive crab-like creatures, not giant squid or octopi. Words for assorted seamonsters kind of get used interchangeably due to bad translation throughout history, especially during the 1800's with the rise of pseudo naturalism / classification attempts.

Clearly though, this should have been a claw mtx and not a shield ;)
I feel like the crab gloves should have had claw 3d art.
OMG This is exactly what the league needed. More Mtx
"
DrDraids wrote:
I feel like the crab gloves should have had claw 3d art.

It was in the original concept art for the armor...but later converted to dollars :o)

It wouldn't really have worked as armor...holding weapons...shields...clipping problems...would have looked dumb
"
DeF46 wrote:
I just want to vent a little something out of my system.

Path of Exile is a great game, no doubt about that.

But in the future for this industry and medium, we as gamers really should encourage developers to stop these F2P models or at least keep improving them. And we're still not there.

At the end of the day, I'm not just "supporting" GGG if I make purchases. I expected to get the equivalent of a full game after I paid more or less the equivalent amount (60-80 USD). Instead all my characters in POE look like peasants wearing level 1 armor. I found Belly of the Beast and some other uniques but no matter if items have unique 3d models, you can quite clearly tell that the art direction is: "don't make it too cool looking because that is for the store".

So we still end up losing. The argument "it's just cosmetics" doesn't hold up. It's bad for games.

Still isn't there a middle road that can be found? I don't want to see like a currency conversion the likes of Guild Wars 2. But itsn't it possible to GIVE something to people now and then, that they can buy at least a FEW skins? Keep some skins exclusive to the store, I don't know. I'm sure you can think of something.

/rant off

complete challenges every league you get free mtx's.
you get the equivalent to a full game the moment you download it, the entire game is available to you for free. no hidden pay walls to access content, no sub fee to play end game. what your complaining about is you dont like the skins that are available for use by putting on the gear you find. then buy mtx so you can customize the appearance of your player, which in no means impacts the game in anyway if you look like a peasant or a fiery demon lord from the depths of hell.

in other words dont complain becuase your cheap. buy the skins you like or quit complaining about the store.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info