[3.2] Elementalist InpulsaBomber

Welcome to my WIP build guide for the Inpulsa Autobomber Elementalist!

pros & cons

+ Fast Clearspeed
+ Scatter the whole screen
+ Walking simulator
+ Beatuiful Explosions
+ You can level with it
+ Not very expensive to get it going

- Not a bossing build
- Vaal breach isn't affortable(50ex currently) in bestiary (which I play) thus we can't cheese bosses with it.
- Needs to get carried for uberlab
- 1 Button + Flasks playstyle
- requiring multiple uniques + uberlab makes it bad for SSF
- Wouldn't play it in HC

items

A great body. Try to get one with 10% explosion damage. The explosions of this item are what distinquishes this build from various other "Autobomber" builds. Ususally Autobombers will use The Coming Calamity instead, but we really don't need it because Elementalist provides 25% less mana reservation for hearlds. We scale the explosion damage to > 100% of enemy life in the final version of the build which is insane...

Used to trigger the explosions, the sockets don't have to be linked here but you need to insert the right gems. See gem section

Three dragons is one of the most complex items to build around and causes a lot of headache doing so when considering multiple skills and multiple damage types. The basic idea behind using this item is: make inpulsa freeze enemys make herald of ice shock enemys for inpulsa. I Still think its a great choise for this build since it allows inpulsas explosions to freeze and trigger Herald of Ice (HoI). However that prevents herald of ice to freeze because cold damage can no longer freeze. Because of that we support HoI with added lightning damage support. Now we still can't shock to trigger inpulsa again with the HOI To solve this issue we use a cold to fire support gem in our setup. Sadly this means that we have to give up chill :(

Really strong amulet for any build that inflicts multiple ailments, and on top of that gives us chance to shock. I think this item is really underrated because it gives us ~15% more damage since 90% of the time enemys are frozen, ignited, and shocked.

Descent Elemental damage, some elemental leech. Nothing special to say about it. Not required at all but a solid relativly cheap weapon. You probably could use a Bright Beak instead since you don't need the damage in mid tier maps.

Esh's mirror gives you a ton of lightning damage to everything once you start killing stuff. A really good item with no particular downside. Not required but recommeded.

questionable items

I only use this for the live leech, still having to test the build without it and with a vessel of vinktar instead. I think vessel of vinktar in the flask slot will make this ring more then redundant and replaceable. I think Berek's Respite, Taming or a rare ring would be better than this once you manage to have a flask setup containing vessel of vinktar.

current gear - far from optimization

gems & links

In Body (You'll need a redudced mana reservation herald lab enchantment to run a 6L or drop Herald of Ash):
Herald of Ice - Cold to Fire - Added cold - Increased Area of Effect - Added Lightning Damage - Ice Bite

In Gloves (if you use Essence of Hysteria Gloves):
Herald of Thunder - Added Cold Damage - Innervate / Added Lightning Damage - Ice Bite

In Boots (Sockets don't have to be linked here):
Innervate / Added Lightning Damage / Immolate / Added Cold Damage (these gems support Abberath's Fury)

Anywhere:
Herald of Ash (Unlinked and only post uberlab)

Shield Charge - Fortify - Faster Attacks

Cast when damage taken - Immortal call

ascendancy
Shaper of Desolation > Beacon of Ruin > Pendulum of Destruction
> Mastermind of Discord

passive Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAQHBLMI9AthDc0QWBEPES0UsBZvFy8aOBzOHNwnLytQLJwtfTLRNZI2iTpYOtg64TsNPAU8LT1fRUdFnUZSRtdMLUyLTLNSU1NSVcZV1lZIVylk52ZUZp5nvWjyakNrem0ZcYVyD3YRfIN99X6vgKSCHoKbg1-DzIPbhXuHZY6-jxqQVZD6ksGUb5eVl_SaO5rgn9-iAKZXpwivbK-nsUK1hbc-vOrAZsG0xPbGrsi_0B_YJNi92t3fbd-w42rr7uw470vvUO987-vwH_JF8xH06frS_Ez-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=KasLeberKas&characterName=ElementalistForMeme

path of building
current build(82): https://pastebin.com/xxCL7FWv

changes
In theory we shouldn't need cold to fire supprot in the herald of ice anymore since we use Yoke of suffereing, still looking for what Link would suite it better

I'm currently experimenting with a version without three dragon and call of the brotherhood. I'll update the guide once I can confirm that It's really better this way. Untill then just check out my profile (;
Last edited by KasLeberKas on Mar 22, 2018, 9:01:08 AM
Last bumped on Sep 8, 2018, 8:03:19 PM
Great job. Wanna build something similar but crit version. What you thoughts about going crit? Requires watcher's eye with crit it is expensive but I think it is worth in a long turn. Inpulsa is pretty crazy on elementalist right now. Also recomend you to get a helm with reduced herald enchant. You probably know it. Btw you basicly capped at max damage taken from shock with inpulsa ~40%. So I would not go to deep into effect of shock.
"
What you thoughts about going crit? Requires watcher's eye with crit it is expensive but I think it is worth in a long turn.

I descided to not go the crit route and stack %freeze & %shock chance because I wanted to abuse Inpulsa as much as posible and It's really hard to scale Inpulsa's Explosion with Crit Chance (If even possible? guess it has 0 base crit)

"
Also recomend you to get a helm with reduced herald enchant.

Thanks for pointing that out, I forgott to mention it. You need one once you want to 6L HOI.

"
Btw you basicly capped at max damage taken from shock with inpulsa ~40%. So I would not go to deep into effect of shock.

Why? My shocks shock for min 20% (Elementalist ascendancy) meaning thats 20% out of 50% meaning that I need 150% shock effectiveness to guarantee 50% or am I wrong here?
Last edited by KasLeberKas on Mar 18, 2018, 10:37:27 AM
How'd you go leveling this?
"

How'd you go leveling this?

I used abberath's boots from level 12 on. They are amazing for general clearing (just run past everything) however I died multiple times on later bosses. Probably a decoy totem and picking up some more life nodes while leveling could have solved this but I'm not entirely sure. Also I used elemental proliferation(instead of immolate) inside of abberath's till I got beacon of ruin. Also slap on Herald of Ice and Thunder but Ignore the links for HoT early on. All you really need for damage is HoI + Abberaths.

I recommend grabbing the 2 area clusters as soon as possible and invest into 3 viridian grand spectrum jewels (they are pretty cheap ~2c each) and give a total of 108% elemental damage. After that, I went for all the shock nodes on the tree. However, as already said I missed some health after all...
Alrighty, same links for abberaths?
equip for MF version?
I just made and released a flame surge build, and it was a hard choice to not use inpulsa's over what i eventually went with (incandescent heart).

your build legitimately made me question myself.

Bravo.

*Edit*
Considering yoke allows your elemental damage to shock, I don't exactly see the reasoning for cold to fire in your damage links. Herald of Ice will shock with sufficient shock chance, Three Dragons only prevents lightning damage from shocking. The cold is able to do it just fine.

Conservatively, take our cold to fire and test it out. I think Ice Bite or Culling would make a good alternative, but coloring would be more annoying.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Last edited by Kwitch on Mar 20, 2018, 5:53:04 AM
"
Considering yoke allows your elemental damage to shock, I don't exactly see the reasoning for cold to fire in your damage links. Herald of Ice will shock with sufficient shock chance, Three Dragons only prevents lightning damage from shocking. The cold is able to do it just fine.

Conservatively, take our cold to fire and test it out. I think Ice Bite or Culling would make a good alternative, but coloring would be more annoying

Can't test this now but in theory you should be right. Good obervation sir!, WIll update the guide later
why esh's mirror and not esh's visage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info