[3.2] Hot Flashes - Flame Surge, Life based, Shatter Expectations

Hey mate, understood all your points for the endgame and the build seems pretty solid.

But I'm having a really bad time leveling, don't really know which skill to use, tried Firestorm and Incinerate, although incinerate is not bad for killing bosses, it's kinda risky for clearing thrash mobs. Not sure what to use in the links too, since I never leveled a spellcaster before. Also, how should I leech? Should I use blasphemy + warlord's mark or there is another way to do so?

Thanks!

PS: If there is another skill that could be good for leveling I would love to know, firestorm is just not for me and incinerate seems clunky!
A ton of people level firestorm and swear by it. I've never had a taste for it personally, can't stand it.

I typically use freeze pulse until well into my 50's, and warmark on blasphemy is exactly what I start with also.

Seems like you have the right idea so far. If you want to level with a cold skill like that, just make sure not to heavily invest in fire damage on tree until later.

And don't forget to use the threshold jewels for the extra projectiles if you do. They are op. Frostbolt works here too.

I don't know what level you're at and ahving difficulty so I can't really advise beyond that sadly.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
Kwitch wrote:
A ton of people level firestorm and swear by it. I've never had a taste for it personally, can't stand it.

I typically use freeze pulse until well into my 50's, and warmark on blasphemy is exactly what I start with also.

Seems like you have the right idea so far. If you want to level with a cold skill like that, just make sure not to heavily invest in fire damage on tree until later.

And don't forget to use the threshold jewels for the extra projectiles if you do. They are op. Frostbolt works here too.

I don't know what level you're at and ahving difficulty so I can't really advise beyond that sadly.

Cheers

I'm actually level 41 with really shitty equipments. Gonna try Frostbolt until I finish act 10 I think. Frostbolt - Spell Echo - Added Cold - Cold to Fire - Controled Descruction are the best links I could fit, right?
controlled destruction works fine, sure. I personally like elemental focus if i don't have good spell crit gear, since you're not really losing out a lot on chilling or freezing with little to no crit on gear or tree.

If you find spell crit gear, then elemental focus becomes significantly worse. You might actually want freezes then.

Some leveling uniques that are typically cheap and you can consider would still be a karui ward / karui charge (for proj speed and player speed, dexterity for fitting), you could run a pyre if you are wanting fire damage investment and you're already running cold to fire to get the most out of your tree investment, and a couple of off the wall options as well for weapons. Shade of Solaris, Eclipse Solaris are both pretty interesting if you don't mind using a wand for a few levels (but note: you're going to lose the ability to shield charge), or a Supreme Truth might be fun.

I was able to level easily enough with just found rares, but that's completely RNG based. You might also consider Beastiary crafting a rare sceptre with cast speed on it.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have, good luck. And thanks for trying out the build. ♥
"
Kwitch wrote:
controlled destruction works fine, sure. I personally like elemental focus if i don't have good spell crit gear, since you're not really losing out a lot on chilling or freezing with little to no crit on gear or tree.

If you find spell crit gear, then elemental focus becomes significantly worse. You might actually want freezes then.

Some leveling uniques that are typically cheap and you can consider would still be a karui ward / karui charge (for proj speed and player speed, dexterity for fitting), you could run a pyre if you are wanting fire damage investment and you're already running cold to fire to get the most out of your tree investment, and a couple of off the wall options as well for weapons. Shade of Solaris, Eclipse Solaris are both pretty interesting if you don't mind using a wand for a few levels (but note: you're going to lose the ability to shield charge), or a Supreme Truth might be fun.

I was able to level easily enough with just found rares, but that's completely RNG based. You might also consider Beastiary crafting a rare sceptre with cast speed on it.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have, good luck. And thanks for trying out the build. ♥

Just using frostbold with the treshold jewels made it quite good, but using pyre is a blast! Trash mobs dies from offscreen and killing bosses takes some time but not nearly as bad as before, now I can reach maps in no time! Thanks bud!
Okay, finished act 10. Level 66 right now. I know it is personal choice, but what level do you recommend using Flaming Surge effectively?

I'm thinking about switching to CI right away, so should I switch to Flame Surge also?
I started using flame surge as soon as I could, but it really needs a 4 or 5 link. You can level it with an inpulsa's or incandescent heart, the inpulsa's feels better bu the incandescent is simply tankier.

I've been working on the life/evasion version, so stay tuned for that.
"
Non-crit, non-degen spell builds are an extreme rarity in POE.

Sadly, I chose to go for crit with the life-based version, which is now the dominant and suggested version for this. However yes, the CI variant is still non-crit.
Been doing pretty well in maps, survivability is not a problem, but I think it will be improved with some investment. My dps is alright. This is my gear right now:

The improvements will come when I hit level 80 when I finally can buy Stormfire or should I change anything? (I know the boot is shit, been lazy to search for a good one soon enough lol)
Looks like a solid start, I think you leveled the arcane surge too high. It needs to be able to always trigger whenever you press Orb of Storms, so the activation cost should never be higher than the mana cost to cast Orb of Storms.

Sin Trek boots are a really good option for your level, and if you can find more resistances elsewhere, make up a sizable increase to your energy shield pool and movement speed.

You may find you need to move some skill gems around if you do so, as coloring sin trek boots is easiest with at least 1 green socket. Which is meant to be a poison support gem anyways, so it will work for you.

I can't see your weapon swap, but I hope you're leveling a hypothermia gem still, as it will eventually be your 6th link.

An Overflowing Chalice might be better than a sorrow of the divine, for a similar effect. Everything else looks neat though. Nice job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info