[3.2] Old School Fire/Lightning Trapper revival




I realy liked to play Trapper, but they were in a realy bad spot for a long time, after the ascendancy rework i wanted to give it another shot. While it is not the fastest build, i'm having alot of fun and realy enjoying playing it!

The Build works realy well on a low Budget but can improve quite a bit if you are willing to invenst into it.


UPDATE : Red Elder DONE - Shaper DONE - Atlas COMPLETE 157/157
ATLAS





GEAR


RECOMMENDED_GEAR




Fenumus' Weave / Aspect of the Spider
Aspect of the Spider increases the damage monster take within the aura by 5% per stack ( 1 stack per 1 sec) up to 15% which is a multiplier if you don't have any other sources of "monster take x% inc damage" it also applies hinder which reduces their movement speed.

Either get the Gloves as they are probably cheaper to start with, or get any item with the aspect crafted on it, avoid gloves and helmet. Probably best to get it on rings or necklace.



Once you got the aspect on a rare item and freed up the glove slot, you can get rare gloves with "Sockted gems are supported by lvl x Trap" this mod has a hidden second part which adds a additional Trap so instead of 4 (with cluster trap) you throw 5 Traps at a time. This mod is global!

IMPORTANT : There are 2 Version of this Affix - only the one that does NOT give extra %increased trap damage will add the additional trap!

This got fixed in Patch 3.2.2b
Fixed a bug where a Shaper Mod did not display "Skills which Throw Traps throw an additional Trap". This was only a display issue.




Fenumus' Shroud
Adds -10% all res to the aspect of spider which is a nice damage boost, also reduces the damage dealt by monster by 10%.
Since i'm running Eldritch Battery + Mind over Matter the extra es + regen is just a nice bonus for very little investment.

NOTE: I'm running Lightning Trap in that chest which is mostly for clear i was running a 5L up to 91 and doing fine, so the 6L is not requiered!



Elder Helmet
Try to get a Elder helmet with "socketed gems are supported by level x concentrated effect" and "socketed gems are supported by level x Immolate" (the level of immolate is more important), if there are any helmets with "socketed gems are supported by level x Less Duration" ontop thats another small multiplier (18%) but it should just work fine with the first two.

If you still have questions feel free to ask!



CURRENT_GEAR











GAMEPLAY

T16 Phoenix - deathless
https://youtu.be/vyFxG08MW6s

T11 Factory - enfeblee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHKKmkrGqv4

T12 Racecourse - rare corrupted ghosted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhj7OZb9H2U




ASCENDANCY

The Ascendancy points are realy important to make it feel smooth at all, especially Chain Reaction and Pyromaniac.





PASSIVES+POB+BANDITS




3.3 Tree It
It may change since i wasnt able to test it! It should work for most traps but can be optimized if you decide on specific traps
.

http://poeurl.com/bVVU



Bandits
Help Alira

PoB
https://pastebin.com/GBk50HU2

Tree
http://poeurl.com/bPNd






GEMS+LINKS


Elder Helmet!
Fire Trap - Cluster Trap - Trap and Mine Damage - Elemental Focus

Body Armour (on a 5L skip inc crit strikes)
Lightning Trap - Elemental Focus - Increased Critical Strikes - Cluster Trap - Trap and Mine Damage - Pierce

Movement skill set up (most likely in weapons or where ever are free slots)
Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Auras (just where ever is a free slot)
Clarity

Since there are some free slots left you can run a cast when damage taken set up or what ever you prefer life decoy totem, a golem so on.



DEFENSE

Solid Life, EB, MoM, Aspect of the Spider, the flat ES regen from Fenumus' Shroud and the Saboteur blind and regen are doing a good job at keeping me alive.





If you have further questions feel free to ask!
Last edited by Shareware on May 31, 2018, 8:18:35 PM
Last bumped on May 31, 2018, 8:22:16 PM
I will try it. I was looking for a build like that in last league but i couldn't find anyone. I tried tritrap, and found traps really nice to play. With the ascendancies rework, it deserves to :)
Hey, I'm playing this build right now, currently only level 20 tho.

I was wondering if you could post a leveling section, with the Skill Trees, so I can know which nodes to choose over others, since I'm rather bad and never played traps before.

Other than that, amazing guide!
"
Completed 7 ChallengesKazubuki wrote:
Hey, I'm playing this build right now, currently only level 20 tho.

I was wondering if you could post a leveling section, with the Skill Trees, so I can know which nodes to choose over others, since I'm rather bad and never played traps before.

Other than that, amazing guide!






I usualy grab whats needed while leveling, i think this will work thou.
The best advice i can give you is to take what ever you feel is lacking (dmg/life).

Last edited by Shareware on Mar 21, 2018, 12:12:46 PM
I have been aching to play a traps build and was looking at the tri trap build but the Elemental Equilibrium thing made me rethink it and I decided to go with your build instead because I do not have the confidence that I will not screw up the EE timing and end up with mobs that are resistant to my attacks.


Turns out after asking about this apparently as long as you rotate the trap element it should trigger the EE properly.

Anyway good work.
Last edited by Desarix on Mar 21, 2018, 2:22:45 PM
"
Completed 14 ChallengesShareware wrote:
"
Completed 7 ChallengesKazubuki wrote:
Hey, I'm playing this build right now, currently only level 20 tho.

I was wondering if you could post a leveling section, with the Skill Trees, so I can know which nodes to choose over others, since I'm rather bad and never played traps before.

Other than that, amazing guide!






I usualy grab whats needed while leveling, i think this will work thou.
The best advice i can give you is to take what ever you feel is lacking (dmg/life).



Thanks a lot!
Hey again. I progressed a little, and wanted to buy some gear. I realised that there aren't any boots listed on "Current Gear"

I'd like to know what to choose. Currently I was thinking about some rare ES/EV boots with resists.

-Sorry for the noob questions by the way.
"
Completed 7 ChallengesKazubuki wrote:
Hey again. I progressed a little, and wanted to buy some gear. I realised that there aren't any boots listed on "Current Gear"

I'd like to know what to choose. Currently I was thinking about some rare ES/EV boots with resists.

-Sorry for the noob questions by the way.



Oh, ye just any rare with res, life and movement speed. (also added my boots)
Last edited by Shareware on Mar 23, 2018, 3:44:18 PM
have you tried using RF for the extra dmg boost?

@SpyChicken
"
Completed 7 ChallengesSpyChicken wrote:
have you tried using RF for the extra dmg boost?



No, wouldnt be able to sustain rf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info