[3.3] [HC] Torchbearer's Off-Screen Summoner - [Command 90+ Minions] - [HC/Uber endgame viable]

"
meecrobb wrote:
Awesome build. Great job!

First time playing a summoner and it have been a blast so far. I haven't been in any danger yet either!

Happy you're enjoying it my friend. Keep up the good work!
Interesting twist on minnion characters :)

Keep up the good work.
Over the weekend I switched from another build to yours.

This is my first look at using Specters & Animate Guardian so I'm still working things out in the game play.

I have much of the gear, gems & jewels but I would appreciate any input on what to upgrade first and so on.

also

*** The Spectral Wolf -- how/when does it show itself -?
***Does the jewel unending hunger have a place in this build?
***Can I respect 2 of my ascendancy points? -- If yes - how?

"also" ---> you said: (If you can acquire an Elder helmet with increased minion damage on it, then make sure to use Multistrike gem in the 4-link instead of Minion Damage. It's thanks to this setup your skeletons are able to delete bosses in seconds)

In POE Goods - how would I search for an "elder" helmet - have not been able to locate one nor even see one.

Everything dies but the clear speed seems a bit slow -- is it me, gems or is this kinda typical?

I'm enjoying the build, just trying to figure the mechanics - what's first, second & so on "typically"

I only have the use of my right hand, so some basic mechanic understanding helps, plus I'm older than most

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Apr 16, 2018, 5:06:22 PM
"
Ishkabibble wrote:

"also" ---> you said: (If you can acquire an Elder helmet with increased minion damage on it, then make sure to use Multistrike gem in the 4-link instead of Minion Damage. It's thanks to this setup your skeletons are able to delete bosses in seconds)

In POE Goods - how would I search for an "elder" helmet - have not been able to locate one nor even see one.

Under "Misc" filters, you have "Elder" option. Just try to look for an Elder helmet with "% minion damage".

@OP

I'm not very experienced with the whole gems system, but is there any reason why Multistrike is better than let's say Culling strike in the helmet? People seems to say Multistrike is a 35.8% dps increase, but Culling Strike gives 39% damage, 10% aspd and one hit mobs under 10%. Wouldnt it be a better choice?

Also, do you think it's a viable option to replace the unset ring with an Hunger Loop? If so, which summon would you boost in the Hunger Loop?
"
Ishkabibble wrote:
Over the weekend I switched from another build to yours.

This is my first look at using Specters & Animate Guardian so I'm still working things out in the game play.

I have much of the gear, gems & jewels but I would appreciate any input on what to upgrade first and so on.

also

*** The Spectral Wolf -- how/when does it show itself -?
***Does the jewel unending hunger have a place in this build?
***Can I respect 2 of my ascendancy points? -- If yes - how?

Everything dies but the clear speed seems a bit slow -- is it me, gems or is this kinda typical?

I'm enjoying the build, just trying to figure the mechanics - what's first, second & so on "typically"

I only have the use of my right hand, so some basic mechanic understanding helps, plus I'm older than most

Your clear speed will come from stacked up minions. I think I should've mentioned in the guide that you basically use Vaal Summon Skeletons every 20 seconds or so. You can keep refreshing them non-stop as long as you're moving from room to room.

As soon as you summon up your skeletons, you can then put down your offering of choice and start spamming Dark Pact into them for curses, extra damage and spectral wolf summons (they come into play once your dark pact starts killing low health monsters).

With a full stack of minions and constant Vaal Skeleton refresh, your clear speed will increase exponentially.

Try following this skill combination by priority:

Vaal Summon Skeletons ---> Summon 3 Skeletons ---> Dark Pact ---> Offering ---> Vaal Summon Skeletons again (If you have souls!) ---> Summon 3 skeletons and so on.

Once in a while you'll use Charged Dash to get yourself out of sticky situations and that's basically it.

Good luck! :)
"
worldpk wrote:
"
Ishkabibble wrote:

Under "Misc" filters, you have "Elder" option. Just try to look for an Elder helmet with "% minion damage".

@OP

I'm not very experienced with the whole gems system, but is there any reason why Multistrike is better than let's say Culling strike in the helmet? People seems to say Multistrike is a 35.8% dps increase, but Culling Strike gives 39% damage, 10% aspd and one hit mobs under 10%. Wouldnt it be a better choice?

Also, do you think it's a viable option to replace the unset ring with an Hunger Loop? If so, which summon would you boost in the Hunger Loop?

I think Culling strike would deny you a lot of kills from Dark Pact, would make summoning your wolves much harder for you. It's also a damage increase % multiplier, not "39% More Damage" multiplier. When you have so much flat percental damage increase for minions Multistrike just gives them steroids. They're also able to finish off low health individual targets faster and move on to other minions - increasing your clear speed as well.

Of course in the end it's always about preference. I'd never tell anyone not to use their preferred gems! That's half the fun of the game, but in terms of efficiency I'd pick Multistrike. :)

About Hungry Loop < I'd use it on standard if I could cap my resists fairly well from other gear, at least to 105%. I'd probably boost Spectres with it, but there's a lot of other great gems to consider there as well.

I'm not a fan of losing survivability stats for utility and QoL changes on Hardcore though, I always try to maximize survivability for HC characters, but even with that in mind Hungry Loop is still a very good choice.
Last edited by Acaste7 on Apr 17, 2018, 4:20:18 PM
"
Acaste7 wrote:

About Hungry Loop < I'd use it on standard if I could cap my resists fairly well from other gear, at least to 105%. I'd probably boost Spectres with it, but there's a lot of other great gems to consider there as well.

I'm not a fan of losing survivability stats for utility and QoL changes on Hardcore though, I always try to maximize survivability for HC characters, but even with that in mind Hungry Loop is still a very good choice.

Yeah I'm playing on Softcore. Currently have Fire: 100, Cold: 128, Lightning: 118. If I replace my right ring, I'd drop to 76/105/97 but get the Hunger loop's benefits... so kinda tempted to do it, but I feel my fire resist might be too low for end-game contents (I just finished Act10, so I'm not into end game just yet)
I seem to have alot more skills than buttons, and more gems that sockets. Would would please mind showing your final gear and/or what sockets the gems go and what buttons the skills are assigned to.

thank you

PS also not enough mana to keep arctic armor, discipline and hater up at once.

11 skills, 8 buttons ????

charged dash
raise skeletons
val skeletons
raise zombie
raise spectre
animate guardian
dark pact
flesh offering
a armor
discipline
hatred

Last edited by DumpsterJedi on Apr 20, 2018, 12:06:56 AM
"
DumpsterJedi wrote:
I seem to have alot more skills than buttons, and more gems that sockets. Would would please mind showing your final gear and/or what sockets the gems go and what buttons the skills are assigned to.

thank you

charged dash
raise skeletons
val skeletons
raise zombie
raise spectre
animate guardian
dark pact
flesh offering
a armor
discipline
hatred

The reason you can't stack the 3 auras is because you're using the Lochthonial Caress gloves, reducing your maximum mana by 13%. Also, Generosity shouldn't be used with Discipline in this case, since you need the survivability from it yourself as well.

Raise zombie/spectre/vaal skeleton needs 0 links, so you can just place them in any +2 level to socketed gems item (Shield, in our case)

A 4-link with 5 or 6 slots as a chest would help you out a lot as well, where you can socket Enduring Cry/Animate Guardian.

You can also replace increased duration on your Cast When Damage Taken combo with convocation if you're using it and need an active meatshield.

Getting unset rings on both slots for 2 extra gem sockets is also a huge benefit. After you get a 6 socket (not link) chest and 1 unset ring, you'll have just enough to socket all your gems. Meanwhile, you can remove the less important gems like Convocation/Guardian or Enduring cry, but you'll need them endgame.
"
DumpsterJedi wrote:

thank you

charged dash
raise skeletons
val skeletons
raise zombie
raise spectre
animate guardian
dark pact
flesh offering
a armor
discipline
hatred

You do not need to have all those skills on your bar.

Summon your guardian/golem/spectre and just change the skills out, same for auras.

The only skills you need at all times on your bar are Charged dash, Skeleton, Vaal skeleton, Dark pact and your offering skill.

For the triple reserved mana, you need the -mana reserved nodes to achieve it.

You can see his full gear/passive tree here

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Acaste7/characters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info