[3.3] [HC] Torchbearer's Off-Screen Summoner - [Command 90+ Minions] - [HC/Uber endgame viable]

Let me thank you for your detailled work on this build as well as assistance here first. Being a veeery casual SC player, I prefer defensive builds over speed, and enjoy this one a lot.

Nevertheless, even after crawling through all the replies here, there's two questions left for me:

1. For the Spectres, in one post it was Frost Sentinels ; and in another one it was Rime Sentinels. As both exist, which ones are the better variant for us? And you should edit that in your initial post, it still mentions Lunaris Sentinels (that don't exist) there. :)

2. For the passives, I might be wrong; but if you change the path from your version to this one (don't use the red ones, but the green ones instead), you will get a small benefit with the same amount of points without losing anything:

red:
+10 to Intelligence
+10 to Intelligence
+10 to Intelligence

green:
16% increased Spell Damage
4% increased Cast Speed
+20 to Intelligence
+10 to Intelligence
+10 to Strength

= adds up to +30 INT as well ; plus a little more STR, cast speed and spell damage ?

ty, and keep the good work rockin'!
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
"
Rhajiid wrote:
Let me thank you for your detailled work on this build as well as assistance here first. Being a veeery casual SC player, I prefer defensive builds over speed, and enjoy this one a lot.

Nevertheless, even after crawling through all the replies here, there's two questions left for me:

1. For the Spectres, in one post it was Frost Sentinels ; and in another one it was Rime Sentinels. As both exist, which ones are the better variant for us? And you should edit that in your initial post, it still mentions Lunaris Sentinels (that don't exist) there. :)

2. For the passives, I might be wrong; but if you change the path from your version to this one (don't use the red ones, but the green ones instead), you will get a small benefit with the same amount of points without losing anything:

red:
+10 to Intelligence
+10 to Intelligence
+10 to Intelligence

green:
16% increased Spell Damage
4% increased Cast Speed
+20 to Intelligence
+10 to Intelligence
+10 to Strength

= adds up to +30 INT as well ; plus a little more STR, cast speed and spell damage ?

ty, and keep the good work rockin'!

You're very correct with your observation, the only reason I took the top route was so I could toggle minion instability on & off with only a single regret orb, but later on I found it wasn't as effective as I thought it would be (only against certain encounters like a few t11-12 bosses) and forgot to revert it back to the obviously better pathing choice as you've highlighted.

Think someone else pointed it out too before.

Edited the "Lunaris" sentinel part as well. (It was "Rime").

Thanks for pointing those out & the kind words!
Last edited by Acaste7 on Aug 30, 2018, 1:43:24 PM
This build looks really interesting, I want to try it but I'm not sure how much has changed for 3.4.

I was going to use this for my HC build, but is this viable for HC in the delve league stuff? This league seems kind of horrifying for a HC character. The darkness does as much damage as Lab traps. I lagged for a few seconds and teleported about 20 feet backwards into the darkness,and nearly auto died on SC (thankfully it was SC). So far ALL of my SC deaths on a simple SRS leveling build have been in the Delving stuff O_o
Last edited by Balerion_ on Sep 1, 2018, 1:19:45 AM
I played a modified version of this build for Incursion and loved it. Made it further with this in endgame than any other Necro build I've previously played. Capable of running nearly any map mod.

Am playing it again for Delve and it appears to still be very viable. I would definitely suggest Convocation as mandatory though for the dives. Can't pull mobs out into the light without it.

I play SC, but can easily see HC in my future. Great build - thanks for posting it!

ps. The 3.4 changes to minion nodes are naturally throwing things off a little, but I'm figuring it out as I go along.
Last edited by ShellColdcinder on Sep 12, 2018, 12:39:30 AM
I'm gonna reroll on HC for the first time. Is this build still viable in the current league?
Edit

Double post for some reason. But yeah I got my answer from above.
Last edited by fatmechanic on Sep 14, 2018, 6:52:56 AM
Love this. ty
Anyone playing this league? Wonder what to do for the tree
I am thinking about this build for my second character for this league.

I will just go along with where the tree takes me, but it would be nice to have an updated 3.5 tree, also because of the message a few posts above me on a slight alteration of the tree.

Btw, i have actually levelled to 55 following this guide 2 leagues ago, it was massive fun. It works quite well in SC as well, i never had the idea i was missing out on damage sacrified for defenses
Hi Acaste!

Thank you very much for this great build!

Everything works fine for those who are wondering, i'm playing it in 3.5 league on SC and im level 70 right now im starting mapping!

The only question i have is : Knowing i am dexterity starved for now, up to what level do i upgrade the green gems in the setup? Do they all go level 20 at the end and how many dex i need at the end?

Thank you for your time!
Last edited by MikeSwazovski on Jan 9, 2019, 2:03:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info