[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

Having an issue with the Aul fight, did anyone figure out a reliable way to keep endurance charges up on this one?

Everytime he goes up on the pillar or starts shooting icy spikes, he cannot be targeted with enduring cry and the phases last long enough to make you lose charges, then get wrecked. Only issue I've had, the rest of the game is a walk in the park.
"
Rouxsale wrote:
Having an issue with the Aul fight, did anyone figure out a reliable way to keep endurance charges up on this one?

Everytime he goes up on the pillar or starts shooting icy spikes, he cannot be targeted with enduring cry and the phases last long enough to make you lose charges, then get wrecked. Only issue I've had, the rest of the game is a walk in the park.

Just a few ideas:

If you can stand still for a 4 sec there - just switch weapons with 'gain an EC every 4 sec while stationary' affix.

Also you may try to spawn some worms with The Writhing Jar flask
Last edited by AlfariusX on Oct 13, 2018, 5:49:32 PM
"
Just a few ideas:

If you can stand still for a 4 sec there - just switch weapons with 'gain an EC every 4 sec while stationary' affix.

Also you may try to spawn some worms with The Writhing Jar flask

Tried both, sadly standing still for 4 seconds is literally impossible during those phases, since he chains attacks aimed at you that need to be avoided.

The jar works, you just don't have enough uses to go through the whole fight :/
I've used the weapon swap successfully. You don't need to stay still the entire time. Just as long as you can refresh charges once, you should be good.
"
Krooner wrote:
I've used the weapon swap successfully. You don't need to stay still the entire time. Just as long as you can refresh charges once, you should be good.

I'm sorry to be insistent, but at what moment are you able to sit still for 4 whole seconds when he aims icy spikes at you or the shield charges? :/

Thanks in advance, would really love to nail this fight and challenges down
"
dim.kiriyenko wrote:
I tried so hard to make it a Jugg (for endurance charge generation) but after two hours with POB and trade site I can say that with this amount of uniques +100% fire resistance is so overpowered, it's actually a selling point.

I may be late to the party but i made it work with jugg pretty nice.
got more dmg and more mitigation (33% more ele mitigation (11->7) and much more phys (30->7), pob is with 17k shaper phys slam) with qol of endurance generation
no gg mirror gear
here is pob https://pastebin.com/UvZhTJmS

1st flask is just to fix some bugs (vicious projs applying 10% less attack speed (it doesnt do that to molten) and tukohama pantheon after 2s) and to be replaced with life.

i think it will be my go to next hc league
Last edited by n0th1nk on Oct 14, 2018, 11:36:51 AM
Does Devoto's work instead of Abyssus? Was just wondering if i could use that instead since i have the currency.
I was able to down Aul with the worm flask. You gotta time it right. It's tough but it beats standing still for 4 secs.
"
huyakf1997 wrote:
So let say i have some decent gear ( 20ex budget ) then how deep can my build be ? I mean at which depth level will this build still feel comfortable enough ? I'm aiming for 600 depth or something around that.

Hi there!

I'm sorry I can't answer your question (playing another build on SSF), but grimchip has reached depth 400 with this build without dying a single time. The build is very tanky and deals a lot of damage. You may replace Abyssus with another helmet for more tankyness.
"
forsenCD wrote:
Does Devoto's work instead of Abyssus? Was just wondering if i could use that instead since i have the currency.

Yes of course.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info