[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
Mecielle wrote:
"

Depending on how much strength this build stacks, this might be the magical amulet you are looking for.

I honestly do not know, but I imagine that something like this, perhaps with life or %Phys added as fire instead of mana and higher tier rolls would be pretty nice. The physical damage reduction is a suffix which could instead be 7-13% Increased Attack Speed.

That would make a pretty gross amulet for a Chieftan.

Has a 0 too much in the price to be compared to Xoph's. Ok, 100ex might be a bit steep. But if you add attack speed instead of phys reduction it will cost much more than 100ex. And it will still not be a lot better than Xophs.

Sure, the price is a big problem, but it is my amulet, and it is priced as such because it is better than Xoph's for some builds and it is quite literally the only amulet anywhere near as good on any market whether that be Standard, Delve, or what have you, basically a filler price.

That said, if you had life instead of mana and attack speed instead of phys reduction, it wouldn't just be better, it would be MUCH better than Xoph's. I plugged it in as-is into my Brutus' Lead Sprinkler Molten Strike Ascendant and if I pathed into Avatar of Fire, it was a DPS improvement over Xoph's at a breakpoint of 700 Strength. I'm not even really strength stacking on that build either, so build to say 1000+ strength (which this build should easily be capable of achieving) and you're getting a very significant damage boost over Xoph's Blood.

That was more the point of my comment.
Quick question, what do you use for mana sustain? I just put a point in life/mana leech, was wondering if there was something I'm missing.
Has anyone considered a fossil crafted helmet with -9% to nearby enemies fire resistance? Really easy to craft. Of course, less damage than Abyssus, but also 100+ life and resists. And no drawback.
"
Xavathos wrote:

Okay, show me a 10ex amulet that will beat Xoph's and I'll tell you you're right. :)

PoB :
Chieftain : https://pastebin.com/Pww8ceq4
Juggernaut : https://pastebin.com/A2N9LicW

Consecrated Path :
Chieftain : 675000 dps
Juggernaut : 662000 dps

Molten Strike :
Chieftain : 5442000 dps
Juggernaut : 5135000 dps

Do not forget that you will need 100% fire resistance on your items, which is probably another 10 exalts because you will need triple resistance rares which are very expensive. So why spend 20 extra exalts for almost nothing?
"
Mecielle wrote:
Has anyone considered a fossil crafted helmet with -9% to nearby enemies fire resistance? Really easy to craft. Of course, less damage than Abyssus, but also 100+ life and resists. And no drawback.

Good suggestion. You lose about 7% dps but you gain resistances and 4% life (which is about 300 life).

The only problem with rare helmets is how to get the right enchant on them. If you buy it enchanted and cradted, it will cost you a lot! If not, it will cost you a lot too because either you will spend a lot of money crafting it or trying to get the enchant.

Abyssus is a unique item that many builds use, so lab runners always enchant them and you will find a cheap one with the right enchant for sure.
"
Quick question, what do you use for mana sustain? I just put a point in life/mana leech, was wondering if there was something I'm missing.

A PoB link if possible?
"

Depending on how much strength this build stacks, this might be the magical amulet you are looking for.

I honestly do not know, but I imagine that something like this, perhaps with life or %Phys added as fire instead of mana and higher tier rolls would be pretty nice. The physical damage reduction is a suffix which could instead be 7-13% Increased Attack Speed.

That would make a pretty gross amulet for a Chieftan.

Best rolls for this build are added phys and gain % of phys as extra fire, then comes attack speed

For strenght stacking build, look for Brutus' Lead Sprinkler molten strike build
Last edited by fjtheknight on Sep 14, 2018, 7:23:45 PM
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Abyssus is a unique item that many builds use, so lab runners always enchant them and you will find a cheap one with the right enchant for sure.

Interestingly, I have kept a live search for Abyssus with +3 and apart from when I have been sleeping, I have seen 1 new listing apart from the one that is listed for 20ex.

Not sure what is going on this league as in the past I have seen loads.
"
Robzilla06 wrote:
Hello. I absolutely LOVE this build!!! So much dps!!! However, I do have one question: I saw in your gear you were using Voll's Devotion. How are you generating power charges with this build?

Brinerot flag + enduring cry. With old cold snap it used to be faster but now they changed it to consume Frenzy charges. You can use ralakesh's impatience too.
Last edited by fjtheknight on Sep 15, 2018, 9:03:48 AM
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Okay, show me a 10ex amulet that will beat Xoph's and I'll tell you you're right. :)

PoB :
Chieftain : https://pastebin.com/Pww8ceq4
Juggernaut : https://pastebin.com/A2N9LicW

Consecrated Path :
Chieftain : 675000 dps
Juggernaut : 662000 dps

Molten Strike :
Chieftain : 5442000 dps
Juggernaut : 5135000 dps

Do not forget that you will need 100% fire resistance on your items, which is probably another 10 exalts because you will need triple resistance rares which are very expensive. So why spend 20 extra exalts for almost nothing?

Challenge accepted, when I get home.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info