[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
broseidon07 wrote:

But not having to throw in a xoph's blood on the chieftan means we can use a conversion elder amulet which would boost the DPS way more, right?

We're using that amulet on both builds in the test. Look for yourself. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
can we play like rat's helmet or devoto instead of abyssus?
"
Ending2018 wrote:
can we play like rat's helmet or devoto instead of abyssus?

You can play any helmet you want for this build. Even a rare one. Abyssus is BiS but it's not required.

I am currently thinking about doing this as a Jugg. Currency is no issue and as Xavathos has pointed out in his helpful posts on the last pages, if you have the currency you can scale Jugg much higher than Chieftain.

My plan is to grind to depth 600 with this but I have one concern:

The clearspeed in maps. I will have to farm a lot of maps for Sulfite and doing so with a 1.4 APS weapon sounds really, really slow.

My solution would be using a 3g Prismatic Eclipse and a high APS mainhand in maps. Has anyone done that for T15+ clearing? How was the survivability without the Nebulochs?

I know Jugg negates a lot of the defensive problems that Chief would get without the Nebulochs, but wanted to make sure that its not a problem.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 14, 2018, 10:19:10 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
I am currently thinking about doing this as a Jugg. Currency is no issue and as Xavathos has pointed out in his helpful posts on the last pages, if you have the currency you can scale Jugg much higher than Chieftain.

The clearspeed in maps. I will have to farm a lot of maps for Sulfite and doing so with a 1.4 APS weapon sounds really, really slow.

My solution would be using a 3g Prismatic Eclipse and a high APS mainhand in maps. Has anyone done that for T15+ clearing? How was the survivability without the Nebulochs?

I know Jugg negates a lot of the defensive problems that Chief would get without the Nebulochs, but wanted to make sure that its not a problem.

I believe there's a build like that already on the forums. Though I remember it being a sub-build of another so the title won't be Juggernaut iirc. I read about it anyway. Using stat sticks instead of Nebulochs. The build had nothing like the kind of tankiness we have here though.

Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 14, 2018, 10:22:45 AM
Why use PoB with xoph on chieftan? I don't think that is ideal
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

I believe there's a build like that already on the forums. Though I remember it being a sub-build of another so the title won't be Juggernaut iirc. I read about it anyway. Using stat sticks instead of Nebulochs.

I'm sure there is. But I meant if anybody did this with this exact build. I will use Nebulochs for Uber Elder and other bosses and for deep delves.
"
broseidon07 wrote:
Why use PoB with xoph on chieftan? I don't think that is ideal

I never said Xoph. You were talking about Elder amulet. We're using that (as we're using FJ's gear on his request, to test with)

I don't have to test anything to tell you that Xoph's Blood on a Juggernaut is far superior to a Chieftain, that's obvious. ;)

Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 14, 2018, 10:25:45 AM
Oh I see. well that's cool considering I just beat the game as chieftan and did all my ascendancies.

edit: what is an optimal tree for jugg, since we need to get avatar of fire

double edit: if we go jugg is it still optimal to DW nebuloch's or should we use something else?

triple edit: apparently getting avatar of fire doesn't do anything when used in conjunction with xoph's blood? so there's no 100% conversion? also still looking for a good jugg version of this build, whether or not it DW's nebuloch
Last edited by broseidon07 on Sep 14, 2018, 11:00:44 AM
"
broseidon07 wrote:
triple edit: apparently getting avatar of fire doesn't do anything when used in conjunction with xoph's blood? so there's no 100% conversion? also still looking for a good jugg version of this build, whether or not it DW's nebuloch
Both Molten Strike and Consecrated Path have their own physical to fire conversion built into the skill for the other 50%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info