[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
After 5 failed attempts I read your suggestion to use ancestral call on Uber Elder (first time trying the fight). It really makes the fight easier. Damage is no problem on Shaper and Elder (again, no enchant or Abyssus) but it really helps on the minion phases.

P.S. Boot swap is great.

Yeah AC helped me a lot on the fight, but I thought that this was due to my newbieness and my bad hardware so I haven't thought of recommending it for the fight.

Thank you a lot for your continuous feedback :)
I managed to six link my first chest ever! So here's my gear now:

Still a bit budget if you discount the chest but I think I'm getting there. I think I might look for a good helm and then run Uber lab for the enchant a few times. I'm unlikely to get it but I think I'll get through it pretty quick with a Brightbeak Prismatic Eclipse weapon swap. I just need levels now I think!
"
m0onknight wrote:
I managed to six link my first chest ever! So here's my gear now:

Still a bit budget if you discount the chest but I think I'm getting there. I think I might look for a good helm and then run Uber lab for the enchant a few times. I'm unlikely to get it but I think I'll get through it pretty quick with a Brightbeak Prismatic Eclipse weapon swap. I just need levels now I think!

Congratulations on your 6l!
You should now get the remaining endurance charges and some attack speed nodes.
You have now 800 shaper dps and can reach 1k dps with current gear.
I honestly wouldn't recommend farming lab for enchantment. I think that buying an enchanted abyssus is much more efficient.
Good luck !
EDITED

@FJ

Just read your section on Jugg vs Chieftain. One thing you don't mention there, is how much of those things we lose could be negated by using a Xoph's blood. It would be more expensive, yes, but it would also compensate for the loss of many aspects of the switch to jugg.

Also your analysis skimps over other huge gains. A ton of accuracy and the ability to use Elemental Overload (and dropping Resolute Technique) to compensate for damage lost. A quick attempt at a tree (I'm at work, so no access to POB):

poeurl.com/bZ16

If you also equipped a Xoph's Blood neck, could this work? If resists are a problem, you could drop Unrelenting, get Unstoppable, and use a pair of rare boots over Kaom's Roots.

Alternately, have you looked at using a fire Impresence neck with your chieftain setup, and using maybe Anger instead of Artic Armour (the defense of AA only works when you stand still, it's a huge sacrifice for little gain, IMO)?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Impresence_(Fire)
Last edited by Xyrm on Jul 2, 2018, 11:15:37 AM
"
Xyrm wrote:
EDITED

@FJ

Just read your section on Jugg vs Chieftain. One thing you don't mention there, is how much of those things we lose could be negated by using a Xoph's blood. It would be more expensive, yes, but it would also compensate for the loss of many aspects of the switch to jugg.

Also your analysis skimps over other huge gains. A ton of accuracy and the ability to use Elemental Overload (and dropping Resolute Technique) to compensate for damage lost. A quick attempt at a tree (I'm at work, so no access to POB):

poeurl.com/bZ16

Thank you for your suggestion. But even with Xoph's blood, Chieftain will still be better than Juggernaut. The damage will be about 12% less. Also, we will have life regen problems, especially at low levels (at least 400 life regen less than chieftain with my current build). And we will need to find a way to get resistances (more expensive items).

"
Xyrm wrote:

If you also equipped a Xoph's Blood neck, could this work? If resists are a problem, you could drop Unrelenting, get Unstoppable, and use a pair of rare boots over Kaom's Roots.

The problem here is that we will lose the small tankyness that jugg has over chieftain. This will also lead to more life degen (less life than Kaom's => less life regen)

"
Xyrm wrote:

Alternately, have you looked at using a fire Impresence neck with your chieftain setup, and using maybe Anger instead of Artic Armour (the defense of AA only works when you stand still, it's a huge sacrifice for little gain, IMO)?

Yes, and found that an amulet with % of physical damage gained as fire is better than Impresence+Anger (about 1.5-2% damage)

I will update the build with your suggestions. If I missed anything do not hesitate to ask again. Thank you!
Thanks for the prompt reply! That's why I was asking the questions, it wasn't obvious to me why you made some of the choices you did.

Hopefully, going forward, GGG will give us an option similar to Frenzy or Power Siphon to help us with endurance charge generation on boss encounters. It seems, though, even without that convenience, that issue only applies to a small handful of situations, correct?

Maybe another option (although I'm not sure how good/safe of a choice it is) is to pop Vaal Breach to build endurance charges in these situations?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Breach

"
fjtheknight wrote:

"
Xyrm wrote:

Yes, and found that an amulet with % of physical damage gained as fire is better than Impresence+Anger (about 1.5-2% damage)

But if you throw in a watcher's eye with some kind of anger mod (namely fire pen or extra phys as fire, or even both)... that would be a sizeable net gain, correct?

Final thought.

If you can find a way to squeeze in Combustion support with ancestral protector, you might get more damage from that too.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Combustion_Support

The fire pen it provides works for ALL attacks made to that target, as long as it was ignited by the supported spell. So you could have it linked to AP totem or a golem, as a "free" debuffer.
Last edited by Xyrm on Jul 2, 2018, 2:22:19 PM
"
Xyrm wrote:
Thanks for the prompt reply! That's why I was asking the questions, it wasn't obvious to me why you made some of the choices you did.

Hopefully, going forward, GGG will give us an option similar to Frenzy or Power Siphon to help us with endurance charge generation on boss encounters. It seems, though, even without that convenience, that issue only applies to a small handful of situations, correct?

Maybe another option (although I'm not sure how good/safe of a choice it is) is to pop Vaal Breach to build endurance charges in these situations?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Breach

Yes, the only situations were I had some problems with EC generation on bosses were shaper and elder fights. Shaper has a long dialog and you start fighting elder with no ECs because it is the first thing you encounter. That's why I use Brinerot flag (gain 2 power charges on warcry) and Voll's devotion (gain ECs when you lose power charges). I used to use cold snap to consume power charges quickly but GGG changed it to consume frenzy charges (unless you use a certain jewel, but I think that I'll just wait for the PCs duration to end before I warcry again). So it should take about 30 seconds before you become full ECs and start the fight. After that, you just use endurig cry once in a while to keep your ECs up.

Well, vaal breach should be the best solution for these situations. I honestly discarded it first because it was very expensive and forgot about it latert. But now it is even cheaper than voll's devotion and can make you gain ECs much more quicklt. I will test it for sure. Thank you very much :)

"
Xyrm wrote:

"
fjtheknight wrote:

But if you throw in a watcher's eye with some kind of anger mod (namely fire pen or extra phys as fire, or even both)... that would be a sizeable net gain, correct?

Yes, and it gives more damage than my current setup. But I think that the price I would pay to make this work will give me a better amulet than impresence and watcher's eye combined. Using the amulet gives also more resistances and takes one less jewel slot.

My main idea behing the build is to make the cheapest melee build that is capable of doing all content because I don't have enough time to make currency. The gear I did Uber elder with is about 12 ex and it should be doable even with less expensive gear. That's wgy I tried to stay away from expensive solutions so anyone who tries the build can do endgame content :)
"
fjtheknight wrote:
My main idea behing the build is to make the cheapest melee build that is capable of doing all content because I don't have enough time to make currency. The gear I did Uber elder with is about 12 ex and it should be doable even with less expensive gear. That's wgy I tried to stay away from expensive solutions so anyone who tries the build can do endgame content :)

That's a fantastic goal and I really appreciate the design. For me, personally, I like builds that start cheap, but can scale very far with expensive gear... so that's why, at this point in the league when I have lots of currency to burn, I want to see how far I can push the character!

Again, thanks a ton for taking the time to answer my questions and discuss this stuff with me. I'm going to start leveling this character as soon as I get home, and maybe give you some updates in a few days of my progression for your feedback section.
"
Xyrm wrote:

That's a fantastic goal and I really appreciate the design. For me, personally, I like builds that start cheap, but can scale very far with expensive gear... so that's why, at this point in the league when I have lots of currency to burn, I want to see how far I can push the character!

Again, thanks a ton for taking the time to answer my questions and discuss this stuff with me. I'm going to start leveling this character as soon as I get home, and maybe give you some updates in a few days of my progression for your feedback section.

Take a look at this: https://pastebin.com/88YEjCL3

You can reach 9.6M shaper dps with this gear (very very expensive though :D, maybe 11M with some opal rings instead of kaom's ways ), 8k life and 90%+ mitigation.

I did shaper with budget gear (about 250c), and spent around 12 ex to do Uber elder/Uber atziri. You can spend more if you want to do them more quickly :)

Good luck and have fun!

EDIT : forgot that vaal breach needs souls to work. So it wont help on elder or shaper :/
Last edited by fjtheknight on Jul 2, 2018, 6:34:08 PM
some leveling equipment help?
i like your build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info