[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

Great build ! Thx for posting it :). Played several MS builds, but always wanted to try out Nebuloch with it so I decided to give it a shot this league. At first I was very sceptical, especially half way through the gearing process. But what can I say, just killed Uber Elder twice, in one set :D ! Shit loot though, in case you're wondering.
Cheers !
Last edited by Maloc on Jun 10, 2018, 10:10:30 PM
"
Dogahan wrote:

Also, What is your final decision on Endurence Charge on Melee Stun vs Physical Projectile Attack Damage?

It seems that ECMS received a buff :

Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support
Now causes supported skills to deal 4% more damage per endurance charge (up from 3%).

Although I looked for changes that may affect the build, I didn't pay attention to the change to ECMS. ECMS may be better than PPAD and makes it easier to maintain ECs. Just do some PoB testing and decide which is better for you.
Last edited by fjtheknight on Jun 11, 2018, 8:13:57 AM
"
Maloc wrote:
Great build ! Thx for posting it :). Played several MS builds, but always wanted to try out Nebuloch with it so I decided to give it a shot this league. At first I was very sceptical, especially half way through the gearing process. But what can I say, just killed Uber Elder twice, in one set :D ! Shit loot though, in case you're wondering.
Cheers !

Thabk you! I'm glad you're enjoying the build :)

ECMS received a buff that I didn't pay attention to before :

Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support
Now causes supported skills to deal 4% more damage per endurance charge (up from 3%).

ECMS may now be better than PPAD (better dps and smoother mapping). Just do some PoB testing and decide which is better for you.
Last edited by fjtheknight on Jun 11, 2018, 8:14:43 AM
hey mate, would you say the regen enchant on kaoms roots is better than +1 endurance charges?

Also, I happened to drop a dying sun from shaper so I kinda wanna use it, which flask would you recommend subbing out for bossing/mapping.

Thanks heaps, really liking the look of this guide so far
Last edited by TeeBung on Jun 11, 2018, 10:54:56 AM
"
TeeBung wrote:
hey mate, would you say the regen enchant on kaoms roots is better than +1 endurance charges?

Also, I happened to drop a dying sun from shaper so I kinda wanna use it, which flask would you recommend subbing out for bossing/mapping.

Thanks heaps, really liking the look of this guide so far

1 - When did they change the item corrupted implicit modifiers :O ? I didn't know that although I read almost all of the patch notes. Anyway, a +1 EC is better than life regen if your net regen is enough to compensate the degen from Nebuloch (at least 7K HP without loreweave, 6K with loreweave). It will add about 5% more dps and some more defenses.

2 - Using dying sun will:
*add 2 more balls => another 600-900K dps (about 20% more damage)
*increase the ball AoE (15-25%) thus resulting in less hit chance. I am not sure but it can go down from 60% to 40%, so about 33% less chance to hit (which is almost equal to 33% less dps). This is especially true for single target.
*make the wise oak kinda useless because it increases our fire resistance (so it will decrease our fire dmg mitigation).

So honestly, I don't think that it is efficient to use dying sun. Maybe you can use it for mapping instead of the utility flask (of warding or whatever one you use), however, for hard hitting bosses/bosses with degen I don't think it is good.

3 - You are welcome :)

Tried this build as a boss-killer this league, was struggling with leveling in maps due to very slow (probably just becaues i'm not used to leaping) movement with leap slam. Killed rare corrupted minotaur today, quite quickly even with extra life mod. Got endurance charges from map mobs, entered arena, used blood rage, put down ancestral protector, pressed flasks, then just held right mouse button. Pretty smooth considering that for some reason I forgot to activate arctic armor.
My gear at the moment:

Crappy belt/amulet/gloves/jewels to balance resists for wise oak (wasted some chaos before managed to get same values), not the top rolls on the maces, not even 20/20 gems, and yet, with 8 endurance charges the character is quite tanky and deals a lot of damage.

It is important to keep your flasks/fortify/endurance charges in check (for example, don't enter incursion without endurance charges, because in some room layouts you will be oneshot once you stop being immune) and have enough regen to mitigate nebuloch/blood rage degen, sometimes a blue pack from low tier maps could oneshot me when I was careless enough. Never had to use ECMS, endurance charges last 4 times longer than endurance cry cooldown and sometimes refresh on kill due to chieftain ascendancy node.

I think I could kill all of the endgame content right now, even without gear upgrades or leveling to get more life and jewel slots, provided that I won't facetank the hardest hits (although I will be trying to facetank on first attempt).
Thanks for this nice build.
Hi! I was wondering if I could get some help with my new build based as close to this recipe as I have been able to do so far. I am currently level 75 but very frustrated with an issue that has halted my ability to level any further.

I had a couple hundred hours into my first POE toon as I just figured things out as I went along building a Molten Strike based character. When I hit 70 or so and completed Act 10 I hit a wall as I was unable to consistently get through Map levels (even mobs) without dying. This completely halted my level progression because I would lose any experience I would build up when dying. I could however kill the act 10 mobs easily and consistently - just got too high PAST 70 to get much experience from them anymore. My max DPS was around 20K but life was only 2K or a bit less.

So at that point as an old school Diablo player I figured there was some science around precise builds. I then found this build & very much liked it since it was similar to what I was trying to do on my own.

After gathering all of the gear documented at the beginning of the thread I totally refunded all of my passives and re-populated the skill tree exactly as shown for this build. Obviously I could only get as much as lvl 75 allows.

My new build is now 2-3x beating my old DPS and life is now 5K. Problem however is that I seem to be randomly quickly melting during fights (even low level Act 9 single monsters are sometimes one hitting me to death) which is again placing me back where I started - unable to level up because just a couple of deaths wipes out interim exp.

Here is my Path of Building info - https://pastebin.com/XwiLF8vu

Thanks in advance if I could get some suggestions / help on how to mitigate the spontaneous combustion...

Thanks

P.S. I just uploaded an example video of dying in the Ravaged Square. This is actually a much slower death than I normally experience. Usually the 5K of life goes in just a second or two before I can get to a flask.

https://youtu.be/VBnkOgWzhe4
Last edited by domenicdistefano on Jun 11, 2018, 11:02:06 PM
"
Hi! I was wondering if I could get some help with my new build based as close to this recipe as I have been able to do so far. I am currently level 75 but very frustrated with an issue that has halted my ability to level any further.

I had a couple hundred hours into my first POE toon as I just figured things out as I went along building a Molten Strike based character. When I hit 70 or so and completed Act 10 I hit a wall as I was unable to consistently get through Map levels (even mobs) without dying. This completely halted my level progression because I would lose any experience I would build up when dying. I could however kill the act 10 mobs easily and consistently - just got too high PAST 70 to get much experience from them anymore. My max DPS was around 20K but life was only 2K or a bit less.

So at that point as an old school Diablo player I figured there was some science around precise builds. I then found this build & very much liked it since it was similar to what I was trying to do on my own.

After gathering all of the gear documented at the beginning of the thread I totally refunded all of my passives and re-populated the skill tree exactly as shown for this build. Obviously I could only get as much as lvl 75 allows.

My new build is now 2-3x beating my old DPS and life is now 5K. Problem however is that I seem to be randomly quickly melting during fights (even low level Act 9 single monsters are sometimes one hitting me to death) which is again placing me back where I started - unable to level up because just a couple of deaths wipes out interim exp.

Thanks in advance if I could get some suggestions / help on how to mitigate the spontaneous combustion...

Thanks

P.S. I just uploaded an example video of dying in the Ravaged Square. This is actually a much slower death than I normally experience. Usually the 5K of life goes in just a second or two before I can get to a flask.

Hello there!

The weapon you are using applies a debuff that deals you 400 fire damage per endurance charge per second for 4 seconds when you are hit. You are using 2 Nebuloch maces with 7 endurance charges => 400*2*7 = 5600 fire damage per second.

Any elemental damage that hits you gets mitigated by you resistances:
- if the hit is 1000 fire damage and you have 0% fire resistance, you take 1000 damage
- if the hit is 1000 fire damage and you have 50% fire resistance, you take 500 damage
- if the hit is 1000 fire damage and you have 75% fire resistance (normal resistance cap, with Loreweave body armour it can reach 80%), you take 250 damage

So in your case, you can see that your fire resistance is very low. With all the endurance charges, you have only 54% fire resistance. That means that you take 5600*(100%-54%)=2576 fire damage per second when hit. If your fire resistance were 80%, you would take only 1120 fire damage per second. In this case, and if your life regen is greater than 1120 HP per second, you will not notice any degen when you are hit because your net life regen would be > 0.

Note that the gear I am suggesting is only essencial for endgame bosses. Your preiority now is to get your resistances capped. This is what you should do until you :

- Replace the helmet (Abyssus) with a rare helmet with life and resistances (fire and lightning)
- Replace the amulet (voll's devotion) with a rare amulet (life + resistances) or with Bloodgrip if your resistances are OK
- You can also replace your main hand weapon with Grelwood shank. This will half your degen and almost keep the same dps.
- You can eve use a bismuth flask that will increase your elemental resistances when used

Those changes will get you up to defeating shaper. After you reach level 90 or above and you want to do uber elder or uber atziri, you can use doubble nebulco and abyssus

I hope that this would help you! Have fun
"
chaoval wrote:
Tried this build as a boss-killer this league, was struggling with leveling in maps due to very slow (probably just becaues i'm not used to leaping) movement with leap slam. Killed rare corrupted minotaur today, quite quickly even with extra life mod. Got endurance charges from map mobs, entered arena, used blood rage, put down ancestral protector, pressed flasks, then just held right mouse button. Pretty smooth considering that for some reason I forgot to activate arctic armor.
My gear at the moment:

Crappy belt/amulet/gloves/jewels to balance resists for wise oak (wasted some chaos before managed to get same values), not the top rolls on the maces, not even 20/20 gems, and yet, with 8 endurance charges the character is quite tanky and deals a lot of damage.

It is important to keep your flasks/fortify/endurance charges in check (for example, don't enter incursion without endurance charges, because in some room layouts you will be oneshot once you stop being immune) and have enough regen to mitigate nebuloch/blood rage degen, sometimes a blue pack from low tier maps could oneshot me when I was careless enough. Never had to use ECMS, endurance charges last 4 times longer than endurance cry cooldown and sometimes refresh on kill due to chieftain ascendancy node.

I think I could kill all of the endgame content right now, even without gear upgrades or leveling to get more life and jewel slots, provided that I won't facetank the hardest hits (although I will be trying to facetank on first attempt).
Thanks for this nice build.

Hello! Thank you for your feedback and I am glad you're enjoying the build :)

I was able to do shaper with my old gear (no loreweave, no abyssus, no +1 EC belt, no extra fire damage amulet) so with at best half my current dps. So you can defenitely do all content with your current gear.
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"

Thanks

Hello there!

The weapon you are using applies a debuff that deals you 400 fire damage per endurance charge per second for 4 seconds when you are hit. You are using 2 Nebuloch maces with 7 endurance charges => 400*2*7 = 5600 fire damage per second.

Any elemental damage that hits you gets mitigated by you resistances:
- if the hit is 1000 fire damage and you have 0% fire resistance, you take 1000 damage
- if the hit is 1000 fire damage and you have 50% fire resistance, you take 500 damage
- if the hit is 1000 fire damage and you have 75% fire resistance (normal resistance cap, with Loreweave body armour it can reach 80%), you take 250 damage

So in your case, you can see that your fire resistance is very low. With all the endurance charges, you have only 54% fire resistance. That means that you take 5600*(100%-54%)=2576 fire damage per second when hit. If your fire resistance were 80%, you would take only 1120 fire damage per second. In this case, and if your life regen is greater than 1120 HP per second, you will not notice any degen when you are hit because your net life regen would be > 0.

Note that the gear I am suggesting is only essencial for endgame bosses. Your preiority now is to get your resistances capped. This is what you should do until you :

- Replace the helmet (Abyssus) with a rare helmet with life and resistances (fire and lightning)
- Replace the amulet (voll's devotion) with a rare amulet (life + resistances) or with Bloodgrip if your resistances are OK
- You can also replace your main hand weapon with Grelwood shank. This will half your degen and almost keep the same dps.
- You can eve use a bismuth flask that will increase your elemental resistances when used

Those changes will get you up to defeating shaper. After you reach level 90 or above and you want to do uber elder or uber atziri, you can use doubble nebulco and abyssus

I hope that this would help you! Have fun

Many thanks! Laying in bed I was thinking that my fire resistance is the issue. I will make some adjustments and report back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info