[3.9] Pure Phys Skeletons & Friends Necromancer — Beginner/SSF/Budget Build

Only thing that raised an eyebrow for me was:

Fixed a bug where increased damage sources on minions were increasing damage in ways they shouldn't have been.

No way to tell how big of a bug this was or where the issue was exactly, I guess?
True. I assume it was in cases that are more weird than anything this build uses. PoB DPS estimates have always seemed pretty spot on based on how long it takes mobs to go down, so I don't feel like we were benefitting from anything sneaky.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Do you think this is a good league starter for 3.5 and how do you think it will deal with Bestiary/Incursion/Delve and what are some strategies you would use for dealing with each?
"
CyberMike13 wrote:
Do you think this is a good league starter for 3.5 and how do you think it will deal with Bestiary/Incursion/Delve and what are some strategies you would use for dealing with each?

I played the build as my starter for both Bestiary and Delve and it was great. Don't really see any issues with either of those,

Delves feel pretty good. You can run behind your army and let them do the work. For the encounters at the end of each delve, Vaal skeles make you practically immortal since nothing can hit you, and they also clean up the mobs very easily. The build starts to falter deep in the mines (around depth 300-350 in my experience, cause that's where the zombies start dying quite fast).

Don't have any experience with it in Incursion, but I don't think any of that content would pose any issues. The only scary thing in the whole league was legions of constructs or vaal fallen throwing projectiles at you, and we have meatshields for those.

Bestiary is not a problem. It's all about killing strong single monsters, which this build excels at.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
The new Banner skill sound interesting but you would need at least Generosity Support. Is there a way we could incorporate them, maybe replace culling?
Great guide.

This will be my league starter in Betrayal SC SSF.

I want to ask, can I convert this build into a Soulwrest Necromancer later on when I get the staff? Being SSF and all I don't want to start as that build and then be shit if the staff never really drops.

I'm fairly new at the game and Delve was my first real league, where I played Totem Arc Hierophant.
Hello, cool guide. This will be my first build ever, starting this friday. Is there any Chance to see the leveling tree path for noobs? Like lvl 30/60/90 trees? So its easier for beginners to choose the optimal tree path at start. Thanks.
"
Sttorr wrote:
The new Banner skill sound interesting but you would need at least Generosity Support. Is there a way we could incorporate them, maybe replace culling?

If you remove Culling Strike and manually cast Stone Golem, then you have room. I don't think the banners are that exciting though, since it's impossible for us to gain stages with either one. They each give about 15% more damage when linked to Generosity, which is pretty similar to culling except they also reserve a bit of mana. Feel free to use them if you want, but I won't be recommending them.

"
whiite94 wrote:
Great guide.

This will be my league starter in Betrayal SC SSF.

I want to ask, can I convert this build into a Soulwrest Necromancer later on when I get the staff? Being SSF and all I don't want to start as that build and then be shit if the staff never really drops.

I'm fairly new at the game and Delve was my first real league, where I played Totem Arc Hierophant.

Yeah definitely. Should be very very easy to swap over, especially if you're keeping Skeletons in the Soulwrest build.

"
Jakuboss wrote:
Hello, cool guide. This will be my first build ever, starting this friday. Is there any Chance to see the leveling tree path for noobs? Like lvl 30/60/90 trees? So its easier for beginners to choose the optimal tree path at start. Thanks.

I am adding these to the guide now, since they've been heavily requested. Check back later today (EDIT: available now).
Last edited by viperesque on Dec 6, 2018, 1:01:53 AM
"
A couple of bosses just melt your minions instantly and are basically impossible for the build.

Could you please be more specific?
I've fought red-tier Purifier and he plainly devastated my lil army (tho I've tried a bit too early tbh). Anyone else to mention, like "you have to be really careful with this one, he's a baddy"?
Thank you.
Hi i plan on using this build for the next league and my question is how would an animate guardian fitt in this build because i was considerung using one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info