[3.9] Pure Phys Skeletons & Friends Necromancer — Beginner/SSF/Budget Build

"
mace2k wrote:
"
Crippl3 wrote:
Holy Relic only triggers its buff when you attack an enemy, not cast a spell, so it's doing nothing.

Thank you!

BTW, I am having a blast with this build. Thank you!

Haven't really done much testing with regards to how useful the holy relic actually is, but if you're using shield charge, shield charge is an attack and will trigger it.
"
Couple questions: When is good to swap to Zombie? I just started act 10 and don't really use SRS anymore, figure I could swap now.

Any benefit of running any auras other than clarity?

It's good to use zombies as soon as you have the sockets for them. A couple of other auras would give us small benefits, but since we're Mind over Matter reserving mana is pretty much like reserving life, so best avoided in large quantities.

"
0Dreamer0 wrote:
Haven't really done much testing with regards to how useful the holy relic actually is, but if you're using shield charge, shield charge is an attack and will trigger it.

I've tested it. The self regen is quite weak, maybe 2% at level 20. Can't tell what it is on minions but the minions don't really make good use of it. It seems fine, but weaker than a Stone Golem and I would rather not use it given how socket-starved we are.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Hi
I'm trying this build and having a lot of fun so far.
However, I'm not sure if I want to use the Necromantic Aegis keystone, is it really necessary or do you think an alternative of your build without it could be viable ?
Also, if I'm going without NA, what do you think about the new Soulwrest staff ? The life and mana regen seems awesome + it would be a second 6L for our zombies
Last edited by Galehann on Sep 5, 2018, 2:12:35 AM
Hi, new to skellymancing, was wondering how does this build differ and compare to this? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2114607

"
viperesque wrote:
"
Couple questions: When is good to swap to Zombie? I just started act 10 and don't really use SRS anymore, figure I could swap now.

Any benefit of running any auras other than clarity?

It's good to use zombies as soon as you have the sockets for them. A couple of other auras would give us small benefits, but since we're Mind over Matter reserving mana is pretty much like reserving life, so best avoided in large quantities.

Thanks for the update. I didn't have MOM when I did merciless lab so I used Discipline just to make sure I didn't get one shot.

Completely unnecessary. Between my zombies and skeletons I melted Izaro and I was only lvl 61. Merciless lab is lvl 68.

This build is pretty amazing, thank you for posting!
Last edited by TorsoReaper on Sep 5, 2018, 12:45:02 PM
possible to drop necro aegis and get 2h wep "Queen's escape"?
What would you suggest as the easiest way to get dexterity to use aurumvorax, aside from buying it? I think I've gotten myself in a bit of a position.

Aside from that minor hurdle this build is pretty solid. I kinda miss the skeleton-only build I used in Incursion, but without commander of darkness and all the currency I had it wouldn't quite work now.
Last edited by AdunSaveMe on Sep 6, 2018, 2:11:47 AM
"
AdunSaveMe wrote:
What would you suggest as the easiest way to get dexterity to use aurumvorax, aside from buying it? I think I've gotten myself in a bit of a position.

Aside from that minor hurdle this build is pretty solid. I kinda miss the skeleton-only build I used in Incursion, but without commander of darkness and all the currency I had it wouldn't quite work now.

The upside to Aurumvorax is that the resists are over the top. You can probably drop a high resist ring for a lower level resist ring that has a +Dex roll on it. You can click my character profile if you want to see. I only just got to maps so I'm running pretty much all crap jewelry and was able to slot Aurumvorax without issues.
Thinking of transitioning to this from my SRS build and loving the potential of this. This was my first summoner build and has be quite far the easiest league starter I've played. Just on question, how do you summon more than one skelly at a time without From Dust? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Looked at passive tree once more and saw BONE SCULPTOR... freaking new guys..
Last edited by Burner870 on Sep 6, 2018, 5:01:01 PM
"
Burner870 wrote:
Thinking of transitioning to this from my SRS build and loving the potential of this. This was my first summoner build and has be quite far the easiest league starter I've played. Just on question, how do you summon more than one skelly at a time without From Dust? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Looked at passive tree once more and saw BONE SCULPTOR... freaking new guys..

vaal skele always the best for boss fight

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info