[3.2] Ignite Elementalist - Igniting without fire

Unfortunately the problem with using Glacial Cascade now is the fact it starts off as all phys before conversion. So using Herald of Ash for the fire pen, would give you more base damage, however it'd stop elemental equilibrium working since you 'hit' with fire damage.

However this is something that is probably needed to be tested and calculated. Since with glacial cascade you have more ways to scale your damage such as with added phys, hatred and the earlier mentioned Herald of Ash.

So its sorta a question of if you can get more base damage to increased the ignite to compensate for the 50% pen.

Though to be fair you probably could but this build can't as its meant as pure ignite build cause we gotta go hipster on this. Since cold to fire on glacial cascade with the new elementalist would be good.

As for the ring, its due to be replaced, kinda just found it and used it to get my res up a bit. Though I would prioritize that shaper roll I got on it, the increased chance to shock, just help with reliability a bit, but otherwise just resistances and life are the goal.

Finally passive tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAN1BAcI9BBYEQ8RUBJpFm8XHBqBGyUc3B0UHwIfxyGwIvQo-iqNLX0tiy6UMjQ09zW5NsU22DpYRlJG10kbSbFLrkyLTLNQQlF0UzVUR1VLVcZWSFcpXwRh4mZUZp5o8mpDa3psC20ZcXlxhXIPfll-r3_GgpuD24V7h2WMNox2jxqPRpD6kSuTJ5Rvl4WXlZf0mK2aO52uoS-iAKKjppmmvqcIpyusmK-br7exQrWFtzG4k7zqvorBtMi_0B_Xz9gk2Vva3d9t34rhc-Nq6QLr7uw47FXvS-9Q74jv6_Af8WzzEfk3-tL8TA==?accountName=Devilsfuge&characterName=Elementalistisathing
Cool build
Last edited by imuble on Apr 22, 2018, 2:01:53 PM
I'm playing Elementalist with No-reflect-, both heralds- and first golem Ascendancies. I have Cremation, Ignite Support and Burning Support in a Nycta, Herald of Ash in another Nycta and Flame Golem, Ignite, Burning and Minion damage in a +1 helm. Softcore, obviously.

Nycta plus Herald Ascendancy gives you 52% damage pen, the damage is hilarious. Everything melts. If you're still looking for a single-target setup, Cremation is spastic.
Last edited by mrtoothy on May 3, 2018, 12:52:36 AM
Is there a 3.3 PoB link to check how the damage is like ?
I'm wondering if this solution is better than a straight up fireball
I still have to recreate this build in 3.3. Didn't actually use PoB for the first iteration, mostly cause of the fact its dps calculation is based on raw hits and wasn't sure how it would interact with an ignite focused build.

As for how it'll work in 3.3, well lets go over the patch notes

-Combustion, Burning damage, Deadly ailments and Hypothermia are all buffed.
-Combustion giving us some valuable pen against bosses.
-The ascendancy was just buffed for ignite damage straight up.
-The nerfs to the stormfire ring won't affect us that much.
-And the changes to the passive tree will still benefit our ignite damage.

So all buffs this patch

However! fireball still has that more damage with ignites. So it looks like it will do more damage straight up. So if you want raw dps fireball will be better. Though you do lose the elemental equilibirum that more multiplier will make up for it really.

However we are in turn sacrificing the extra projectiles from the jewels and natural pierce from Frostbolt.

So ya. Frostbolt Ignite is still good! And it will have more map clear than Fireball. Fireball will just do more damage straight up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info