Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

I have been doing this build for quite awhile (elder rings +3 helm). And i have found with the recent patch reducing the maximum slowing to 75% that ditching artic armour and temp chains (wasted slowing) and instead using haste everything works much better (tooltip dps goes from 11k to almost 15k)

would this be better than the wasp nest? sorry im new this season
First of all thanks for this amazing build, it is really fun to play, I'm enjoying it a lot lol.
Then I have a little question about the ascendency choice, isn't it better to take the 4 other points instead of the Unstable/Deadly Infusions?
The culling strike on crit + 100% increased damages on single target seems amazing to me, but I am probably wrong if you choose to play this way.
Could any expert of this build explain to a newbie like me why it is better?
"
lamarak663 wrote:

would this be better than the wasp nest? sorry im new this season
Yep, it is.

"
Theokouren wrote:
First of all thanks for this amazing build, it is really fun to play, I'm enjoying it a lot lol.
Then I have a little question about the ascendency choice, isn't it better to take the 4 other points instead of the Unstable/Deadly Infusions?
The culling strike on crit + 100% increased damages on single target seems amazing to me, but I am probably wrong if you choose to play this way.
Could any expert of this build explain to a newbie like me why it is better?
Both Infusion nodes together are a damage bonus of around 31%.

Ambush/Assassinate is a good node in general, but has very poor synergy with this build. The Full Life bonus only applies to the very first ball, while the Low Life bonus is usually wasted (by the time a target hits low life there's usually a lot of poisons on them).

Opportunistic can be considered instead of Deadly Infusion (the damage bonus is about the same). The problem here is that it's a bit unreliable - the condition is pretty difficult to meet even in many bossfights, since there are usually some extra enemies on the screen.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Thank you for build.

This was my second attempt at playing this build after bestiary and I can add the following accolades to this for betrayal:

1. Killed my first ever Shaper (boots :/)
2. Killed my first ever Uber Elder (Indigon :/ :/)
3. Killed the Syndicate Mastermind pretty early in the league (shield :/ :/ :/)
4. Completed the Vaal Temple solo - again first ever attempt
5. Am at around delve depth 200 and pushing further

I spent a lot of time min-maxing my own version of your build. And apart from the helmet enchant for extra balls, do you think there is any scope for further improvements in the build, possibliy to take it to my first lvl100?

My Current Gear:

Armor:

Weapon & Shield:

Accessories:

Jewels:

Flasks:

Last edited by FloppyGlass on Jan 16, 2019, 10:07:58 PM
Updated for 3.6, but there aren't that many changes:

-Malevolence is an option as a leveling aura, but worse than both Aspect of the Spider and Anger in lategame.
-Curses are more effective against bosses, so Despair/Witchfire Brew is a good lategame damage option now.
-The Skill Tree now needs 1 travel point less. Nullification is now Resourcefulness which is arguably not worth picking up.
-Loreweave got a nerf, but is pretty much still BiS for the Volkuur's version - and remains good chest for Fenumus'.
Builds and Guides:
can you please update with the new 3.6 skill tree with jewels and so forth, for I am lost atm.

-thanks in advance.
"
Lord_YORT wrote:
can you please update with the new 3.6 skill tree with jewels and so forth, for I am lost atm.

-thanks in advance.
Done.

The last minute change they did at the Shadow area screwed with the old skill trees.
Also the extra travel point is now back but Nullification is still gone, so that's a nerf of 1/2 passive point or so.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 9, 2019, 5:44:06 PM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
Lord_YORT wrote:

-thanks in advance.
Done.

The last minute change they did at the Shadow area screwed with the old skill trees.
Also the extra travel point is now back but Nullification is still gone, so that's a nerf of 1/2 passive point or so.

Thanks so much for the fast response. As this it my main build! and ive loved every minute of it! super fun, and for the most part very easy to farm and play with!

CHEERS XD
My choice for this league as i had a lot of fun with it in 3.4. And again, currently at level 65, this build is so much fun to play even with such cheap items. Will try Fenumus this time :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info