[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

Can i ask you if Fenumus is a better choice than the fire gloves? I have the cash since i ditched SSF for trade league now. Going to do some heavy upgrades.

Molten strike enchant is a lot of dmg also right?
Quick question, I haven't played a MS build in awhile, so I sorta forgot potential total dps numbers assuming all of the balls hit. But say total dps inc. poison in PoB for melee hit is 3M and Magma Balls is 1M, what's the actual DPS if all the balls do hit the target say a boss with a large hitbox like Kitava or whatever? Is it the Magma Ball total dps including poison * the number of potential balls per second?
"
reciprocate wrote:
Quick question, I haven't played a MS build in awhile, so I sorta forgot potential total dps numbers assuming all of the balls hit. But say total dps inc. poison in PoB for melee hit is 3M and Magma Balls is 1M, what's the actual DPS if all the balls do hit the target say a boss with a large hitbox like Kitava or whatever? Is it the Magma Ball total dps including poison * the number of potential balls per second?
I'll use the PoB of my character, but I still need to do some assumptions here.
https://pastebin.com/5UP09yfp
-against Guardian/Shaper
-assuming hit damage is so small is doesn't matter (I'm too lazy to calculate)

There is a calculator for Molten Strike and IIRC the hit rate for this build is about 50% against a moderately sized boss, but I'll go with 100%.
Keep in mind that hit rate actually kind of double dips your DPS, since it increases both your damage and poison duration.

"
100% of balls hit, including AC clone and his melee attack -> 29 hits per attack.
29 hits x 9.39 (attack speed) x 4 (recently) = 1089 poisons inflicted recently.
--> Poison duration is 56.33s

PoB DPS for the melee hit is 5.270.924

For the projectiles it's 1.629.010, since Multistrike is bugged, the actual DPS is multiplied by 1.94 -> 3.160.279
With 28 projectiles, that's 88.487.812

Melee + Projectiles = 93.758.736 DPS

That's the maximum bullshit I can pull out of this build if you attack Kitava for one minute straight.
You can take it even higher with a Fenumus' version where the ramp up would be two minutes instead.

If you want some realistic numbers, I think it's better to say that every second of attacking will ramp up your total DPS by 1.664.454 (Total DPS divided by Poison Duration).

If you're only hitting with 50% of the projectiles, the damage would be half of that, so 832.227
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Sep 17, 2018, 1:49:37 PM
Thanks. Whats great with a gemini claw is that it is perfectly good for mana leech, so it opens up the thief's torment slot for an elder ring and an additional ring of your choice.

Whats the concensus on the crafting? Chaos fossils or poison+bleed or both?
IGN: Interloper
Decided to try the fossil crafting:

About 20 fossils. Blocked lighting and exalted cold. :(

Still, easily outperforms wasp's nest - especially for clearspeed (less ramp-up time for damage because you don't need 5 poisons).

Did this with some leftover fossils:

Not really sure how to price it, but hoping it will pay for the crafting session. It came with crit chance, which I annulled (obviously I wanted to annul poison chance) to make room for attack speed.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Sep 12, 2018, 2:01:43 PM
"
Infiltrator wrote:
Whats the concensus on the crafting? Chaos fossils or poison+bleed or both?
From what I've read, chaos fossils don't seem to do anything useful, so spamming corroded fossils is probably the best.
Builds and Guides:

Just put this through Path of Building. Even after accounting for the 60% more damage with poisons, it's numbers are coming out lower than a well-rolled Wasp's Nest. (Keep in mind this is with at least 5 poison stacks on the enemy to proc the added chaos damage as well as 3 spider's webs.) It might be better at clearing, but I'm not too sure about the Crafted Claw's Single Target Damage.
"
Nvnsqr wrote:

Just put this through Path of Building. Even after accounting for the 60% more damage with poisons, it's numbers are coming out lower than a well-rolled Wasp's Nest. (Keep in mind this is with at least 5 poison stacks on the enemy to proc the added chaos damage as well as 3 spider's webs.) It might be better at clearing, but I'm not too sure about the Crafted Claw's Single Target Damage.
That claw is 100% better than Wasp Nest.
Did you account for the 20% poison chance that you lost?
Builds and Guides:
@Shepuuurd
Ah, you're right, I forgot about the poison chance. Thanks.
What you guys think of this claw w/o Attack speed. Is it still better than the wasp?

TY.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info