[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
YesImEvil wrote:
I have a question about the PoB. The tree you put for the Fenumus version seems to only have 20 str allocated near the Wildfire jewel at the bottom. Is this just an issue with the PoB, or is there some hidden mechanic?

You don't have to actually allocate the nodes for a threshold jewel to work. The proper nodes just need to be in range.
Really liking the build, but I have a question, Why didn't you go for the Dirty Techniques skill point? It gives a huge dps boosts when I checked it in Poe builder
I just have to let you know I LOVE THIS BUILD!!! I've played it pretty much since you posted it. From the start it's a great build. The gloves suggested before weren't available in the the leagues so I made up for it by equipping "Winds of chance ancient gauntlets". The 10% knock back they add is just brutal. I literally pummel a boss into a corner and put the totem behind pretty much berrying them in sweet melty balls. I'm SO glad you updated this for 3.4. It's my favorite league starter! Great build!
"
BasDaBas wrote:
Really liking the build, but I have a question, Why didn't you go for the Dirty Techniques skill point? It gives a huge dps boosts when I checked it in Poe builder

He's answered this a few times earlier in the thread:

"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
g4u55l4w wrote:
seems like adding in dirty techniques on the bottom of passive tree is worth it

adds tons of dps
Less than 3% per passive point isn't exactly a ton, but it's decent. Check my FAQ.

"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

I have an FAQ about the skill tree, Dirty Techniques is a decent node if you want to take it.

"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

FAQ
Can I change something in the passive tree?
The tree is not set in stone, you can make changes based on preference.
I never felt like I needed more damage, so I just took a lot of life.

Look at PoB for the most efficient nodes (check "Show Node Power")

Finally have a computer/GPU that a quick jaunt in Standard shows as semi-capable of handling one of your builds, so in a fit of delirium/masochism I'm mulling it over as a last-minute SC SSF league starter ("Herald of Agony's so shiny!" vs "I wonder if I'll ever see an Added Chaos Damage Support").

Done my best to trawl through the entire thread figuring out gear substitutions &c, but thought I'd ask a few quick questions:

° If you don't have a Coralito's Signature, at approximately what point/character level (if any) would it be worth spending the ~7 passive points to path to Perfect Agony?

° While attempting to drop/chance/The Wolverine-up The Wasp Nest, what are the gumby rare claw mods you'd be looking for? Chance to Poison on Hit / Increased Attack Speed / crit mods? It's a shame you need iL83 for flat chaos damage.
"
Haasts wrote:
Done my best to trawl through the entire thread figuring out gear substitutions &c, but thought I'd ask a few quick questions:

° If you don't have a Coralito's Signature, at approximately what point/character level (if any) would it be worth spending the ~7 passive points to path to Perfect Agony?

° While attempting to drop/chance/The Wolverine-up The Wasp Nest, what are the gumby rare claw mods you'd be looking for? Chance to Poison on Hit / Increased Attack Speed / crit mods? It's a shame you need iL83 for flat chaos damage.
1) Perfect Agony is really weak, I don't think I'd get it in the passive tree. It's probably better to just skip some of the crit nodes until you get the flask.

2) That's going to be a bit of an issue to be honest. You can make up for Wasp Nest by getting a bit more poison chance on the tree and using a crit/AS claw, but you need Added Chaos Damage Support for that.
Scaling physical damage is highly inefficient if you don't have Volkuur's Guidance.

You could perhaps use Viper Strike as an alternative, though LGoH won't be great on it so probably go with a poison/hit hybrid and scale a bit of leech?

"
necrotomacon wrote:
I just have to let you know I LOVE THIS BUILD!!! I've played it pretty much since you posted it. From the start it's a great build. The gloves suggested before weren't available in the the leagues so I made up for it by equipping "Winds of chance ancient gauntlets". The 10% knock back they add is just brutal. I literally pummel a boss into a corner and put the totem behind pretty much berrying them in sweet melty balls. I'm SO glad you updated this for 3.4. It's my favorite league starter! Great build!
Glad you like it.
I've completely forgotten about knockback since most endgame enemies are immune to it. I wonder what happens if you use those reverse knockback gloves just for the lulz...
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
1) Perfect Agony is really weak, I don't think I'd get it in the passive tree. It's probably better to just skip some of the crit nodes until you get the flask.

2) That's going to be a bit of an issue to be honest. You can make up for Wasp Nest by getting a bit more poison chance on the tree and using a crit/AS claw, but you need Added Chaos Damage Support for that.
Scaling physical damage is highly inefficient if you don't have Volkuur's Guidance.

You could perhaps use Viper Strike as an alternative, though LGoH won't be great on it so probably go with a poison/hit hybrid and scale a bit of leech?

Good to know re: Perfect Agony.

A meme-y SSF claw option might be to farm up The Rabid Rhoa from Arid Lake - despite being a L69 map, the Added Chaos mod's the iL83 one.
Hey since this build is most likely going to be my league starter and i really wanna run the new Herald of Agony with support gems... should i try to get the mana reservation on it so i can still use the temp chains?
Last edited by Asura2468 on Aug 31, 2018, 8:04:28 AM
Thanks ChallengesHaasts for the quick answer!
Last edited by BasDaBas on Aug 31, 2018, 10:08:13 AM
"
Asura2468 wrote:
Hey since this build is most likely going to be my league starter and i really wanna run the new Herald of Agony with support gems... should i try to get the mana reservation on it so i can still use the temp chains?
There are so many ways to fit in the a 4L HoA that I can't really recommend a way in the guide.
Just drop what you think is the least important, for me that'd be Blasphemy - Temp. Chains or the CWDT Golem (Blood Rage is an instant cast now so you won't nececsarily need CWDT).
Since you won't have Fenumus' Weave in the beginning you should have enough unreserved mana to try it out anyway.
Another option would be to drop the Wither Totem and use Withered Touch (replace Deadly Ailments) on Molten Strike, though that would reduce your own single target damage quite a bit.

If the Crawler turns out to be good enough I'll put it in the main build.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Aug 31, 2018, 10:24:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info