[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
loczek123 wrote:
"
haGrOck wrote:
Just a quick question:

I wonder why we need to use the Lycosidae shield? I mean if we're one step away and don't attack with the initial melee attack, the balls hit in any case due to aoe. Or do I miss something here?

This projectiles are still attack (ye the poe mechanic it's confusing sometimes) and will be affected by your chance to hit so any % of hit lost its alot stack lost so :P

Damn, I thought I could skip this shield.

Thx for your Reply though! :)

It's my current gear im 69 now and can do maps lvl 75 and don't have any problem. This build its really graet! I make my own changes on gear, get one really good elder ring so i replace a Thief, pick a Impresence (its huge dps boost and have life) for no mana reserv Despair, 2nd ring its +1 curse co i can still hava a Temporal Chains.

BTW if you like to have endu charge in and dont have mana problems you can replace "reduced mana" for "Endurance charge on melee stun" its work great :)

I sometimes have some "lag" problem too, i have very nice PC but i think its not a PC problems (i have dorp FPS but its still over 40 so its still should be good). For me its same problem like in Diablo 3, build like that make alot of calc bcos of stack etc and serwer cant pick up all calc for us) :P
Last edited by loczek123 on Apr 4, 2018, 4:00:46 PM
"
Converge57 wrote:
Hi mate, thank you for the guide!

I'm enjoying making this character so far and understand majority of your explanations.

One I can't see an explanation for, or might have missed though...

Would it be better to use Unbound Ailments rather than Deadly? Would have thought 20% less damage on hits with the molten balls is quite significant? Whereas with Unbound there isn't a downside is there?

Sorry if i'm missing the obvious! :)
If you take a look at PoB you can see that the direct hit damage is less than 1% of the total DPS, the rest is poison.

Unbound Ailments is only 30% more poison damage, wheres Deadly is 59%.
The duration on Unbound is nearly worthless because you're already getting so much from Noxious Strikes.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 4, 2018, 5:11:01 PM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
Converge57 wrote:
Hi mate, thank you for the guide!

I'm enjoying making this character so far and understand majority of your explanations.

One I can't see an explanation for, or might have missed though...

Would it be better to use Unbound Ailments rather than Deadly? Would have thought 20% less damage on hits with the molten balls is quite significant? Whereas with Unbound there isn't a downside is there?

Sorry if i'm missing the obvious! :)
If you take a look at PoB you can see that the direct hit damage is less than 1% of the total DPS, the rest is poison.

Unbound Ailments is only 30% more poison damage, wheres Deadly is 59%.
The duration on Unbound is nearly worthless because you're already getting so much from Noxious Strikes.

Awesome, makes sense! Thanks for the reply :)

I have to admit to not having fully looked into using PoB properly! I think off the back of your answer, I should invest a bit more time in it for this and future builds.
Thx for the build it works great iam at lvl 80 and i killed Guardian of the Minotaur .-)
This is a terrific build, very deserving of BoTW. I got hold of the new belt "Gluttony" and tested it to see if it can replace Thiefs Torment and it does very well. I only ran one map with it and the clear seems to be a little quicker. I can now equip two rare rings with life and resist allowing me to equip the fenumus helm, my life total is higher than Thief + a rare helm. I did lose a jewel slot from the Stygian belt.

Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Apr 5, 2018, 8:41:29 PM
I just had one thought, wouldnt Pure Talent Jewel benefit ous pretty well? If we take the marauder, ranger and ofc we already have shadows starting locations?
hit a slight jackpot with this today dropped in map

worth at least 30c and in STD going for 4ex
IGN: The_Nutcase
"
ilku wrote:
I just had one thought, wouldnt Pure Talent Jewel benefit ous pretty well? If we take the marauder, ranger and ofc we already have shadows starting locations?
Shadow doesn't do that much, our base crit chance is already over 10% (which is a LOT) due to weapon & ascendancy.
Duelist is completely useless because we use life on hit, leech is very weak on this build.
Ranger is decent.
Marauder is ok, too. Although more AoE effectively reduces your single target damage on Molten Strike.

I personally wouldn't use it over a rare jewel.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
This is a terrific build, very deserving of BoTW. I got hold of the new belt "Gluttony" and tested it to see if it can replace Thiefs Torment and it does very well. I only ran one map with it and the clear seems to be a little quicker. I can now equip two rare rings with life and resist allowing me to equip the fenumus helm, my life total is higher than Thief + a rare helm. I did lose a jewel slot from the Stygian belt.

Using the belt as a trial and pure res rings, I am finding there are some spikes at points nearly 7k HP can be some brown trouser moments and I find with the server lag you can die sundenly
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info