[3.2] Righteous Fire + Blade Vortex Chieftain - Strength Stacking

Planning to do something very similar after I died with my gladiator this morning. Playing without trading so not going to stack that much strength probably. But I found a nice helmet so wanted to make use of it.

And using a physical spell with RF seemed tempting after the ascendancy rework.
I was also planning to use an SR-totem and maybe to go Blood Magic instead of using warlords mark to get a little extra health. But probably need an Essence Worm for that. We will see if that works out.
Last edited by inkube on Mar 11, 2018, 12:25:35 PM

I found that's a very easy way to apply curse without blasphemy or elder ring with curse on hit warlords mark, pretty good with the rest of the build.
Hi,I'm playing this BD in BHC.Can u tell me which ascendancy notes should I take first?Fire damage leeching and 100% fire res are both charming notes,But I can't get them both until uber lab.
Hello KooperT! Thank you for this build.

I wanted to try out RF this league after my 1.5 year absence of POE and i have chosen demigod's RF build. Now my character is lvl 70 with scorching ray and firestorm, however I wasn't sure when i should complete my transition to RF. And only then I have noticed that demigod's build is ages old, very sloppy written and even though it states 3.2, it wasn't up to date...

Can I count on you and commit to your build? Are you still playing this build actively and/or willing to keep this thread up to date? Like at least answer couple of questions I(we) might have? I really hope you do because this one looks pretty exciting.

All the best!
Last edited by Stenns7 on Mar 13, 2018, 8:28:48 AM
I just hit maps playing a disintegrator meme hidden potential full elder setup aha. When I can bored of this tedium I’m going to invest into a perfect setup for this if you’re ever interested in the discussing it feel free to add me. I’m going to aim for a kaom’s heart dual curse setup ideally not with flam and ele weakness
Ascendancy order? Also your 50 melee tree is the same as the 30.
any suggestion on what to take first for ascendancy ?
like the build sofar
Sorry for slow responses, been busy with work/life/playing PoE.

Ascendencies:
I would rush for Tawhoa -> Ramako.

This is because you get a considerable amount of % life regen, which is the most important stat on gear/tree you are looking for to sustain RF.

Going for this route first gives you passive 2% life regen, 1.5% from 3 endurance charges (which has 100% uptime on trash), and another 2% life regen after you've been hit (which is all the time.) Plus 100% fire resistance and physical damage taken -> Fire helps a TON for initial resist capping/damage reduction.

You can literally ignore all %fire resist on your gear, so you basically just need cold/lightning.

Ngamahu/Hinekora is taken next, as it's more damage-focused. Most of the benefits don't do much for your RF, as they are centered around DPS/Blade Vortex increases.

I suggest using 2 life flasks meanwhile, as you don't have the %Fire Damage leech.
A standard Bubbling/Seething life flask of Staunching alongside a Karui life flask is great.

The totem-route (Arohongui) technically provides more overall DPS for RF and BV, but honestly I don't think running a totem setup is worth the effort. I was initially running a Spell Totem + Scorching Ray + Faster Casting setup... but I found the totem is basically 1shot by everything since you aren't investing into totem life/totem resists.

Even on bosses, I would try to throw it off to the side, but it typically dies if anything sneezes at it, before stacking up the full debuff. You could recast it several times per boss... but that doesn't seem worth the effort/casts. Better to just run another CWDT setup or maybe a Decoy totem.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Mar 16, 2018, 3:40:42 PM
I died with my first attempt in act 8 and was away for a few days. But I made new attempt yesterday and I am now 69. I feels really good after respec to RF/BV.

I leveled with DW sunder. I did go with Hinekora first because that seems to be better for sunder leveling. And I respecced to RF/BV right after killing kitava at 62, before picking up Tawhoa. That was a bit of a mistake, because I lacked some regen for RF before Tawhoa. But I farmed blood aqueducts for a few levels and I finished lab without much problems with negative regen.

When I picked up Tawhoa my net regen went positive. If I'm going to level again I would probably respec much earlier and also go Tawhoa and Ramako first, like you recommended.

Anyway what you get from running chieftain BV/RF over a standard RF build.
1. Reliable way to cover enemies in ash. (20% more multiplier on damage dealt)
2. Life leech(From BV).
3. Reliable way to proc Elemental Overload.

You do lose some things, but these are the major advantages according to me.

A thought I had is that if you have good gear it might be better to drop Ramako and pick Arohongui for an additional 16% increased fire damage taken by enemies (almost 16% more damage). And also 8% less damage dealt. That could be proced by an SR or decoy totem. Should be very good for boss farming.

Also in my build I went with Blood Magic, I don't feel that you lose that much with this build and you get the possibility to have a little bit more life, which is the most important stat.

You free up the possibility to use another curse than Warlords mark. I'm running CwDT-Enfeeble at the moment. Or you could use flammability on hit if you have the gear. You do get some nice health nodes. And you don't have to worry about mana at all.

You do lose a ring slot for Essence Worm. And also you lose the room for 2 auras. But one of them is warlords mark, which you don't need anymore. And the other is vitality, which also is not really needed.

When it comes to gear, since we kind of want a 6L chest. A good alternative is a high life with phys as fire damage elder chest.

Edit: Here is my planned tree, with my crappy current gear http://poeurl.com/bQp7

Also I should have read your whole post regarding totems. Maybe it isn't worth it. If you do use Ramako and don't go totems Eye of Innocence might be interesting for procing that 2% regen and some increased damage when ignited, which the tree is lacking. Depending on if Ramako works with the ignite effect. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Eye_of_Innocence
Last edited by inkube on Mar 20, 2018, 9:39:57 AM
I would probably go for an Elder body armour with decent life and up to 15% physical damage from hits taken as fire damage. That would increase tankiness against physical hits by a good amount, which is something the build is lacking a bit I find. Together with Ramako that means one can get 25% phys to fire taken from hits.

An elder chest can also roll:
% max life, % life regen, % physical damage reduction and % strength. Any of those mods would be really great for the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info