[3.4] Zerphi Poet VD - Easiest Uber Elder build - Twinned kill - 20000+ life recovery per sec

"
Shani wrote:
"
Archetype90 wrote:
So reading this guide I love the way the build plays. Face tanking everything is just so fun! But, it also sounds like it could be a huge pain in the butt to play. Having to manage the Zerphi, waiting for the 4s, all of the odd mechanics.

Is it a pain to play or are a lot of those more involved mechanics saved for the toughest content in the game (Uber Elder, etc)? Any insight would be appreciated!

Zerphi's lasts ~15sec and is the only flask that must be maintained. The shortest flask will be ~7sec (unless you're using an Alchemist's, in which it can be as low as... ~4sec?). The others are nice, but unnecessary.* Outside of bosses, I just pop all my flasks whenever my quicksilver runs low.

If you're using Omeyocan or RF, instead of BR, then you don't really have to worry about your life or mana management. Instead, if you're using RF, you're attacking every few steps to keep your health up (no big deal; you're probably doing that anyways... VD orbs rush off to blow stuff up on their own anyways), which renders the ramp up time for Zerphi's moot. I find the ramp up time most hazardous for bosses that are activated and in a different map (which is basically just Elder if you derp); everywhere else, you can just start attacking to get it going, then enter the room.

*Edit: By "unnecessary", I mean you can get by for general mapping without it. You'll still definitely want DD for higher tier mapping, ToH for Elder, and OC for bosses.

Thanks a lot for the reply! Hearing this and watching some of the videos is starting to clear things up.

In the video, his mana is always at 2/500 (or whatever the upper number was). I believe I read in the guide that is because of MOM + BR + RF? Could you explain how this works?

In your post you mentioned using RF on life, which kind of threw me off as well.

Those are really my big confusions at the moment. How the MOM/RF/BR + Mana + Health interactions work. It is clear now that having to manage mana to keep Zerphi up is not an issue (thank god!).
"
Archetype90 wrote:
In the video, his mana is always at 2/500 (or whatever the upper number was). I believe I read in the guide that is because of MOM + BR + RF? Could you explain how this works?

In your post you mentioned using RF on life, which kind of threw me off as well.

Those are really my big confusions at the moment. How the MOM/RF/BR + Mana + Health interactions work. It is clear now that having to manage mana to keep Zerphi up is not an issue (thank god!).

Zerphi's turns itself off when your mana is full, so you need to keep it down; there's basically three major ways to do so: MoM+BR, RF, Omeyocan, each with their own advantages and disadvantages.

MoM+BR uses the least mana, gives IAS/Frenzy charges, and has a duration. In my opinion, the first two are bad, the third is good. With my setup, I get more mana back than I spend when my flasks are up, so I have to be careful about that, the increased IAS pushes me over the breakpoint so my DPS takes a nosedive, and duration is handy with bosses since it can trigger your pantheon. (An indirect detriment is that this also requires MoM... may as well reallocate the passive point elsewhere if you don't run BR.) If you build with the issues in mind, it should work out as the best option though.

RF has no duration, a comparatively massive mana/life degen, and is a DPS buff. No duration means that you're not triggering your +recovery in your pantheon, but its management is also easier since it's consistent (just keep Zerphi's on and attack every few steps). You'll never have a mana issue here, but you're also chopping off something like 1k/sec healing. Off of memory, it's also like a 25% DPS buff to VD, plus whatever damage RF is doing directly. (That RF is draining your life is a BAD thing that you have to work around.)

Omeyocan will drain all your mana, gives you +lightningres which is good if you're running Lightning Coil, +30%MS never hurts, and you'll get extra sockets over Kaom's Roots. The downside... is that Kaom's Roots are practically a requirement for Elder and you won't trigger your pantheon. Straight up mapping though? Sure; why not.

I personally use RF; I'm still working out exactly what changes I'd have to make to optimize Omeyocan and if it's worth the hassle.
What points did you take in your PF ascendancy and in which order?
LOve the build :D

Last edited by Kane0r on Sep 6, 2018, 6:56:42 PM
Hi,

I am currently running your build in Delves, I have all the desired gear I am just curious as to how you get your res up to 97%. I have all the flask nodes, and jewels. when fully flasked up I'm at 81,91,81. Any idea's what I may be doing wrong? Cheers.

Kane0r

Solid 6-day mark for this build. It's been totally destroying delves, and I just knocked out uber elder a couple hours ago with a still heavily unpotimized build. Looking forward to going deep in delve and headhunting my way through maps once I can afford one. Glad I got to enjoy the brokenness before it inevitably gets nerfed into the ground.
edit:

snagged this today, super excited, jewel is nuts.
Last edited by d3sden0va on Sep 7, 2018, 12:47:16 PM
"
Kane0r wrote:
Hi,

I am currently running your build in Delves, I have all the desired gear I am just curious as to how you get your res up to 97%. I have all the flask nodes, and jewels. when fully flasked up I'm at 81,91,81. Any idea's what I may be doing wrong? Cheers.

Kane0r

This version isn't made to hit 97%; you might want to try the one discussed on https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2183309 which, at a glance, trades a fair chunk of DPS in favor of survivability.

If you want some low hanging fruit for swaps though, you can get an easy 4% off of Purity of (whatever) and 9% from an appropriate elemental flask. Handy for, say, Phoenix.
Did anyone gear his Zerphi recently and can share the cost of it? Im farming curreny atm while mfing and im curious how much Exalts i need in order to switch.

got another one from red T11 elder

since 3.4 it just need to watch mana level more, as zero mana > basic attack > no mana use > no heal

I used 4 Fevered Mind so it start to have problem when one of the mana flask is off, may be mana consumed is larger than mana recovered?
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
Hejti wrote:
Did anyone gear his Zerphi recently and can share the cost of it? Im farming curreny atm while mfing and im curious how much Exalts i need in order to switch.

standard league or Delve?

i had two flask not yet sold which was gathered from flaskback of beast league and from the manor when it was first reintroduced to the atlas
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info