So many bots in Sarn.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Just like mining bit-coin. They mine games for rare loot... mirrors and such. They take into account how the company deals with them and out smarts them. That's why GGG doesn't comment on how they control them.

In the past they say the prefer to simply turn off the rare drops for the bots and let them keep going... wasting their time. It's very hard for a bot to detect if exalt tier drops have been turned off.

Unfortunately they hit the wrong switch and turn off our currency drops. Just picture a switch board with 8 buttons on the right all labeled nets with green solid lights and 8 buttons on the left all labeled currency with flashing red lights.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
ROFL YES IT'S EXACTLY

EXXXXACTLY LIKE THAT

THAT SHIT WAS FUCKING FUNNY.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I've only seen like two ppl in town whole time playing all 10 acts. SSFBHC.
Git R Dun!
would it help if they name their chars differently?

how do you fight bots with clever game design if players only want to play like bots?

imagine valuable items would drop only after you passed a labyrinth instance? players like turtledoof would spam your userbase until at least 100 players in 400 different threads agreed that it's shit to challenge players.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Just like mining bit-coin. They mine games for rare loot... mirrors and such. They take into account how the company deals with them and out smarts them. That's why GGG doesn't comment on how they control them.

In the past they say the prefer to simply turn off the rare drops for the bots and let them keep going... wasting their time. It's very hard for a bot to detect if exalt tier drops have been turned off.

In my experience companies that don't talk about dealing with bots don't do it to maintain some secret destruction plan, they do it because they have no intention of dealing with it and don't wish to draw attention to the problem.

That being said i'm not sure i care either way, the AH snipers probably have a bigger impact on everyones gaming experience than the RMT farmers but its still fairly minor outside of whatever items Mathil is currently using.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info